• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What I wore to the polls - and why

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
In my state you can wear anything you want to the polling place - as long as you're not engaged in electioneering. This shirt caught my eye on Amazon so I wore it to the polls. Even had a neighbor take my picture! And I get to wear it again in 2 years.

The attached photos show the shirt - and the recent photo that show why its message is so scary.

Trump-Putin 20.jpg

Thumbs up.jpg

Last edited:
In my state you can wear anything to want to the polling place - as long as you're not engaged in electioneering. This shirt caught my eye on Amazon so I wore it to the polls. Even had a neighbor take my picture! And I get to wear it again in 2 years.

The attached photos show the shirt - and the recent photo that show why its message is so scary.

View attachment 67244119

View attachment 67244120

Great shirt!! I don't remember what I wore to the polls. It never occurred to to me to dress up. Fortunately, there's always next time.

I wore my Protect Our Winters sweatshirt but it’s much more subtle in its message than the shirt you wore.

I don't 'dress up' for voting since my polling place happens to be at a customer's place of business. I am a self-employed handyman and, being a wise boss, I don't let my employee express his political opinions in front of current (or even potential) customers.

This shirt caught my eye on Amazon so I wore it to the polls.

View attachment 67244119
I don't believe it, but it is surprising you would post such a complimentary message about President Trump to admit that President Trump has forced Putin to be Trump's subordinate. If it was about Obama or Clinton in past elections Putin's name would be for president and the Democrat for V.P.

I don't believe it, but it is surprising you would post such a complimentary message about President Trump to admit that President Trump has forced Putin to be Trump's subordinate. If it was about Obama or Clinton in past elections Putin's name would be for president and the Democrat for V.P.

In past elections it never occurred to anyone to print a shirt like that. That should tell you something, but you wouldn't understand.

In my state you can wear anything you want to the polling place - as long as you're not engaged in electioneering. This shirt caught my eye on Amazon so I wore it to the polls. Even had a neighbor take my picture! And I get to wear it again in 2 years.

View attachment 67244119

View attachment 67244120

Good trollish trumpawear. Trigger the trolls IRL.

Wearing very political clothes or having political stickers and stuff like that on a car window in today’s climate is asking for confrontation. It shouldn’t be like that but I don’t take the chance.

What I wore to the polls - and why

My Jammies; we have mail in ballots here where I live.

BTW: It works GREAT, no long lines, HIGH voter turn out and zero voter fraud.

Wearing very political clothes or having political stickers and stuff like that on a car window in today’s climate is asking for confrontation. It shouldn’t be like that but I don’t take the chance.

I was hoping for confrontation but our town's polling place never has lines or crowds. And I had my jacket partially open over the shirt.

In my state, where snese prevails, we vote by mail. You never see Washington state election scandals do you? Save for Dino Rossi losing so narrowly once.

I can't stand the rule of what a person can wear in a polling place. I understand the no protesting or holding signs. I wish they worried more about taking ID when voting

I wore my Protect Our Winters sweatshirt but it’s much more subtle in its message than the shirt you wore.

Which would go right over 40% of American's heads. Subtle and nuance, what's that??

On the upside, they're able to comprehend bombast and pomposity...

Which would go right over 40% of American's heads. Subtle and nuance, what's that??

On the upside, they're able to comprehend bombast and pomposity...

True, bombast turns more heads and gets people’s attention a lot more than subtlety, especially today. For me I just don’t go looking for confrontation at a place where feelings are already so high. I don’t think there should be any rules blocking someone from wearing shirts like that though. Wear whatever you want and have fun, but I just don’t have the kind of courage to pick a fight like that.

View attachment 67244119

View attachment 67244120
Scary because it's mindless, I agree.

Back
Top Bottom