• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What I Think Really Happened on 9/11/2001 [W:460]

Mark F

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Terrorist d-bags with a long history of attacking the U.S. and American interests concocted a relatively simple plan to attack four symbols of American economic, political and military power by combining two of their long-time favorite plays; hijacking and suicide bombings. This plan required modest resources, few plotters and very little special skill. Its risk was very low and the potential payoff very high. The damage suffered in New York, Washington DC and Shanksville is entirely consistent with Kamikaze suicide attack by hijacked airliner AND NOTHING ELSE.

The attacks were preventable if American authorities had displayed just a bit more competence and a lot less institutional intransigence. But there is no evidence anyone in the U.S. government actively participated in or consciously allowed the plot to succeed.

There, now its your turn.

Terrorist d-bags with a long history of attacking the U.S. and American interests concocted a relatively simple plan to attack four symbols of American economic, political and military power by combining two of their long-time favorite plays; hijacking and suicide bombings. This plan required modest resources, few plotters and very little special skill. Its risk was very low and the potential payoff very high. The damage suffered in New York, Washington DC and Shanksville is entirely consistent with Kamikaze suicide attack by hijacked airliner AND NOTHING ELSE.

The attacks were preventable if American authorities had displayed just a bit more competence and a lot less institutional intransigence. But there is no evidence anyone in the U.S. government actively participated in or consciously allowed the plot to succeed.

Crime is a fact of life. Each type has its own characteristics, costs and costs of policing. For each you need to find the right tradeoff between the costs of the crime to society and the costs of prevention.

You're either real brave to venture into this sub-forum and post this, or you're a masochistic... either way, good luck with this.

Oh yeah, I agree with what you said.

Don't let others know what you really think or else they'll think you're crazy.

Don't let others know what you really think or else they'll think you're crazy.

Hollering conspiracy enough is like that guy who they say predicted the Market drops of 1987 and 2008. If that's what you always do eventually you're going to be right, like a broken watch.

My philosophy of 'you'll rarely see the catastrophe coming' is from the experience that it's true.

You're either real brave to venture into this sub-forum and post this, or you're a masochistic... either way, good luck with this.

Yes :fueltofir

I agree. For me, the response to 9/11 shone a light on the lack of cooperation between government agencies, and it is the evidence for this that many (somewhat irrationally) misinterpret as proof for an 'inside job' (Christ, that is such a dumb term).

Terrorist d-bags with a long history of attacking the U.S. and American interests concocted a relatively simple plan to attack four symbols of American economic, political and military power by combining two of their long-time favorite plays; hijacking and suicide bombings. This plan required modest resources, few plotters and very little special skill. Its risk was very low and the potential payoff very high. The damage suffered in New York, Washington DC and Shanksville is entirely consistent with Kamikaze suicide attack by hijacked airliner AND NOTHING ELSE.The attacks were preventable if American authorities had displayed just a bit more competence and a lot less institutional intransigence. But there is no evidence anyone in the U.S. government actively participated in or consciously allowed the plot to succeed. There, now its your turn.
This post is so rational, I had to check twice to make sure I was really in the right sub forum. How dare you confuse an old man like that by talking sense!

This post is so rational, I had to check twice to make sure I was really in the right sub forum. How dare you confuse an old man like that by talking sense!

LOL It was a bit of a curve ball seeing something in an OP that didn't rely on a stupid premise, mendacious quote-mining, or retarded gifs.

In a nutshell, the two competing theories are the US government is incompetent, or the US government is competent. I tend to side with the incompetent theory.

It's beyond that, it's:

Incompetent- allows most or all attacks, including 9/11, because it's just atrocious

Competent but imperfect- stops most attacks but not all, including 9/11

Omni competent- Controls everything and nothing happens without its approval, including 9/11

Watch him...he has three bad habits:
1) He thinks rationally;
2) He writes clearly; AND
(Horror of horrors)
3) He often agrees with me. scratch.gif

In a nutshell, the two competing theories are the US government is incompetent, or the US government is competent. I tend to side with the incompetent theory.
Whilst I agree with where you are coming from I think you are reflecting the big problem with most MIHOP/LIHOP discussions.

The "all or nothing" - it either "was or it wasn't 'X'". It is IMO one big false dichotomy.

RL is not like that.

I would guarantee that among all the Government departments and agencies involved in managing - before, in real time and after - for such a significant event there would be:
1) No single big master plan to "Make it* happen";
2) Almost certainly some strategies of "let's see how it pans out" - which no one notices if nothing results and you get blamed for if something bad happens;
3) Lots of inter-agency arse protecting;
4) Almost certainly some agencies withholding info - so that other agencies got canned; (There are many combinations of that one - at least 9 - three by three...)
5) Absolutely certain that there was LIHOOI at lower levels - incompetence in performance of duties at the level of individual person, organisation sections and maybe higher.

Keep going as many other slices as you like.

But the scenario it wasn't was "One, single, big master plan." >> MIHOP NOR "One Single big master act of incompetence." >> LIHOP

* HINT: Try defining "it" - then ask about all the bits of "it" - most of them separately managed. ;)

THEN try for the illogical ones...e.g. no one could have LIHOPed the CD of WTC because there was no CD. Dozens of those separate "bits"

Last edited:

It was a conspiracy within a conspiracy within a conspiracy. It's not just that the planes didn't bring down the towers, and it's not just that no planes hit the towers, it's that the towers never actually collapsed. Seriously, have you ever BEEN to Ground Zero??????????

The towers are still there, but the Jewish Illuminati reptilian Freemason oil baron banker globalists used brainwashing and water fluoridation and subliminal messaging to trick everyone into thinking they were gone. They now have a secret hideout in which to plan for-profit wars, the devouring of Palestinian children, FEMA concentration camps, destabilization of resisting nations, population disarmament, more false flags, and immigrant invasions. The evidence is out there for anyone to see!!!!11!!1!

It was a conspiracy within a conspiracy within a conspiracy. It's not just that the planes didn't bring down the towers, and it's not just that no planes hit the towers, it's that the towers never actually collapsed. Seriously, have you ever BEEN to Ground Zero??????????

The towers are still there,
That is one of my regular themes. Deployed against those who falsely generalise "The NIST reports are wrong!"

So:
1) NIST Reports say Towers collapsed;
2) NIST Reports are wrong;
3) Therefore Towers did not collapse....
4) Towers still there.

I call the argument technique "reductio ad bleeding ridiculous." ;)

HOW CONVENIENT!

The government loves you, come pick up your check.

It was a conspiracy within a conspiracy within a conspiracy.

but that cant be because everyone knows there is no such thing as a conspiracy.

That is one of my regular themes. Deployed against those who falsely generalise "The NIST reports are wrong!"

So:
1) NIST Reports say Towers collapsed;
2) NIST Reports are wrong;
3) Therefore Towers did not collapse....
4) Towers still there.

I call the argument technique "reductio ad bleeding ridiculous." ;)

Since there are long lists of nist errors by omission and in print it is impossible to falsely generalise "The NIST reports are wrong!"

I suppose this is another example of debunker ILL-logic that you want to assail us with.

No one is making that argument but you.

And you were told what to think really happened from:

http://www.9-11commission.gov/report/911Report.pdf

and

http://www.nist.gov/customcf/get_pdf.cfm?pub_id=909017

and

http://www.nist.gov/customcf/get_pdf.cfm?pub_id=861610

Good boy, that was easy.

so you are a conspiracy theorist

There is a difference between a criminal conspiracy and a conspiracy theory

A conspiracy is testable using facts, logic and reason.
A conspiracy theory is a logical fallacy, a conjecture that is backed up by weak evidence or none at all and characterized by a particular method of non-thinking with little regard being placed on the factuality or accuracy of the core material.

You prefer the latter, I prefer the former.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom