• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Hitler, Putin and Trump have in common, wake up people

itstony

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Just like Hitler and his propaganda team did during the second world war, Putin is desperate to control the narrative in mother Russia concerning what's going on in Ukraine. He is forbidding the use of the word "war" to describe what's going on and directing what the state owned media can report. When people ask questions about what's really happening they are arrested or worse, that's life in Russia today under Putin and it was no different in Germany under Hitler during WWII.

Jump forward to 2016 through today, the one term loser Donald J. Trump is trying to do the same thing with his constant refusing to let America believe what we as citizens see and hear by crying fake news to everything that goes against his bloated opinion of himself or his actions. He'll tell you there was no insurrection, it was fake news. There was a peaceful protests of tourists visiting the capitol building that day. Sadly, as I'm sure posts to this thread will prove, many of his cult followers believe him. Joe Biden won a fair presidential election in the greatest nation in the world, Donald J. Trump declares it false and fake news. Sadly again, many of his cult followers believe him, that's just plain pathetic and unpatriotic. The list of "fake news" claims from Donald J. Loser, I mean Trump, goes on and on. Don't like the truth, call it fake news and make your cult followers believe you.

I have no doubt that if Donald J. Loser, I mean Trump, had the same power as Vlad he would also attempt to rewrite history by dictating what can be seen, heard, reported and believed. My opinion is he has the same evil streak in him as the other two which is evidenced by the destruction he is allowing to happen in America today by still pushing the big lie. Be warned, if he has a second chance it won't take much of a push for him to become the world's next dictator.

The Hysterics are here ..

No wonder the US loses every conflict it provokes and those that it just stupidly walks into .

Remember when Grenada kicked you left , right , up , down and out , rofl .

Just like Hitler and his propaganda team did during the second world war, Putin is desperate to control the narrative in mother Russia concerning what's going on in Ukraine. He is forbidding the use of the word "war" to describe what's going on and directing what the state owned media can report. When people ask questions about what's really happening they are arrested or worse, that's life in Russia today under Putin and it was no different in Germany under Hitler during WWII.

Jump forward to 2016 through today, the one term loser Donald J. Trump is trying to do the same thing with his constant refusing to let America believe what we as citizens see and hear by crying fake news to everything that goes against his bloated opinion of himself or his actions. He'll tell you there was no insurrection, it was fake news. There was a peaceful protests of tourists visiting the capitol building that day. Sadly, as I'm sure posts to this thread will prove, many of his cult followers believe him. Joe Biden won a fair presidential election in the greatest nation in the world, Donald J. Trump declares it false and fake news. Sadly again, many of his cult followers believe him, that's just plain pathetic and unpatriotic. The list of "fake news" claims from Donald J. Loser, I mean Trump, goes on and on. Don't like the truth, call it fake news and make your cult followers believe you.

I have no doubt that if Donald J. Loser, I mean Trump, had the same power as Vlad he would also attempt to rewrite history by dictating what can be seen, heard, reported and believed. My opinion is he has the same evil streak in him as the other two which is evidenced by the destruction he is allowing to happen in America today by still pushing the big lie. Be warned, if he has a second chance it won't take much of a push for him to become the world's next dictator.

.....so in other word he engages in totally normal dictator activities. That hardly makes him “Hitler”.

I think you've said it all ...... would just have added Mussolini to your thread title. IMO he's more like Mussolini and a wannabe Putin (insert any despot)

It goes back to the fable of "The Emperor's New Clothes". We need Americans to value the people having power and free speech; in China and Russia, they don't, and Republicans want to end it here, allowing trump to dictate what can be said, as he calls the press the "enemy of the people" and eggs his supporters on to want to attack them.

The Hysterics are here ..

No wonder the US loses every conflict it provokes and those that it just stupidly walks into .

Remember when Grenada kicked you left , right , up , down and out , rofl .
The US is the only reason the UK isn't part of the People's Republic of Germany today. You would do well to remember that.

I think you've said it all ...... would just have added Mussolini to your thread title. IMO he's more like Mussolini and a wannabe Putin (insert any despot)

Good point.

This rise of fascism in America was being seen from way back in 1968 as Nixon’s southern strategy, crafted by his chief political advisor, Kevin Phillips, was being implemented.

“ “Phillips may be right. If people don't take his theory seriously enough to come up with alternatives — and the Democrats haven't yet — the forces he mentions, together with the national security military institution, may well produce the nightmare he de scribes.

But the analogy is not with Jefferson; it is with Hit ler. The elements are all there —deep‐rooted social cleavage, insoluble problems, rhetoric which attempts to legitimize and encourage hate, a phony genetic and geographical un derpinning, a despised minori ty to blame for everything. It all adds up to scapegoat politics, which is a tactic of fascism.

“The new gains of the Re publican party are based upon preserving the status quo by stopping the civil rights ad vance. But the status quo is racist. The Administration tries to legitimize this by saying it will carry out the orders of the courts against de jure segregation. But it's an old tactic to use the courts as a way of avoiding execu tive or political action. The courts, even before the Nixon Administration alters their composition, cannot go very far by themselves in bringing about equality between the races. The South, for instance, is just beginning to emerge from a society that was total ly racist. Such small gains as have been made involved huge expenditures of energy, moral authority and political risk. To say we are to stop now, to pervert the moral authority of the Presidency in order to make people feel more com fortable with their prejudices —and that's what's happening today—is to say that we ac cept racism. And to build political majority based on racism is taking a long step toward fascism.”

Barnet feels that the Phil lips analysis ignores a series of desperate problems loom ing that threaten not only a Republican majority but the existence of free government as we have known it. “The collapse of our environment, the drift toward nuclear anMhilation, the need for re‐al Location of resources, urban iisintegration—we can't have a free elective government aver the next 20 years which goes not start to resolve these problems, and this Adminis tration has scarcely even ad mitted that they exist. The alternative is some kind of repressive rule. That is pos sible, but the American peo ple would have to abandon their central traditions of freedom and equality, and I don't think they are quite as apathetic and cynical as the Phillips theory is betting on.”
Richard J. Barnet, co‐director of the In stitute for Policy Studies in Washington, D. C., 1968

The only place he seems to have gone wrong with his predictions was probably the last sentence.

President Trump has nothing in common with those two brutes. (I feel sick just mentioning their names).

One brute tried to wipe out an entire group of human beings.

The other one has been the dictator of Russia for 20 years. Yet so-called "leaders" still continued to visit Moscow in order to kiss his posterior.

Yes, President Trump has an obnoxious personality. Really, really, really obnoxious. And totally lacks a sense of humor -- about himself!

But he never, ever tried to accomplish what those two aforementioned brutes accomplished.

It is the height of insanity to think, for example, that he would have ordered the Air Force to bomb hospitals or slaughter innocent civilians in the street. Besides, American pilots would have refused.

In short, Mr. Trump could not have become a dictator if he wanted to.

Thanks to the Constitution (which some thoughtless Dems demonize), power has been nicely divided up into state and federal responsibilities.

Heck! If President Trump had been like those two brutes, do you think Nancy could have contemptuously torn up his State of the Union speech right in front of his face?

If truth be told, other Presidents (including the beloved Barack Obama) have exceeded their constitutional boundaries without being vilified as has President Trump.

Anyway, he is history.

This country is moving on.

Hopefully, the Dems will choose someone else than the clueless Kamala Harris in 2024.

Hopefully, the Republicans will choose someone whom Republicans, Independents, and thoughtful Dems can vote for.

Hi, itstiny!

Rather than comparing Mr. Donald Trump to this or that dictator, I suggest that anyone concerned over Mr. Trump's governing mindset take time to thoroughly research the characteristics of authoritarian regimes. Then, and only then, make a list of the characteristics and compare what is known about Mr. Trump against it.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

President Trump has nothing in common with those two brutes. (I feel sick just mentioning their names).

The other one has been the dictator of Russia for 20 years. Yet so-called "leaders" still continued to visit Moscow in order to kiss his posterior.

Yes, President Trump has an obnoxious personality. Really, really, really obnoxious. And totally lacks a sense of humor -- about himself!

But he never, ever tried to accomplish what those two aforementioned brutes accomplished.

It is the height of insanity to think, for example, that he would have ordered the Air Force to bomb hospitals or slaughter innocent civilians in the street. Besides, American pilots would have refused.

Thanks to the Constitution (which some thoughtless Dems demonize), power has been nicely divided up into state and federal responsibilities.

Heck! If President Trump had been like those two brutes, do you think Nancy could have contemptuously torn up his State of the Union speech right in front of his face?

If truth be told, other Presidents (including the beloved Barack Obama) have exceeded their constitutional boundaries without being vilified as has President Trump.

Anyway, he is history.

Hopefully, the Dems will choose someone else than the clueless Kamala Harris in 2024.

Hopefully, the Republicans will choose someone whom Republicans, Independents, and thoughtful Dems can vote for.
Nice sentiments but please remember he was OK with his VP being hung and the speaker being shot by the people he sent there as he sat on his hands and did nothing. That is pure evil and it wouldn't be that much of a reach.

Like WWI, WWII, Korea, Gulf War, the invasion of Iraq, etc.
You were and remain the losers in Iraq , achieved nothing in the Gulf War , came into WW2 when it had been decided and after re -arming Germany for nearly two decades.
Before that is the Stone Age.
And you ignore the long list of complete failures headed by Grenada ( kicked you out in 4 days , rofl ) and Vietnam ( though you still have Bio Labs there ) .

The US is the only reason the UK isn't part of the People's Republic of Germany today. You would do well to remember that.

.......why, exactly, do you think East Germany was going to conquer the United Kingdom?

Seriously --- please watch this video and our former dear leader and mussolini had so much in common:

You were and remain the losers in Iraq , achieved nothing in the Gulf War , came into WW2 when it had been decided and after re -arming Germany for nearly two decades.
And you ignore the long list of complete failures headed by Grenada ( kicked you out in 4 days , rofl ) and Vietnam ( though you still have Bio Labs there ) .

.....aside from crushing one of the most powerful militaries in the Middle East with incredibly light losses.

Claiming that World War Two had “already been decided” by 1941 is laughably untrue.

Lol what? Claiming Grenada was a “failure” is hilariously wrong on every level

.......why, exactly, do you think East Germany was going to conquer the United Kingdom?
I think the thought that they or the rest of Europe would hold back Hitler and his war machine on their own is laughable.

I think the thought that they or the rest of Europe would hold back Hitler and his war machine on their own is laughable.

Hitler actively murdered every communist he could catch, to the delight of right wingers across Europe and the US, so calling Nazi Germany “the People’s Republic of Germany” is laughably wrong to start.

Secondly. Germany didn’t possess the capabilities to pull off a successful landing in England proper. Sealion was a fiasco waiting to happen.

Time to first lie.

First sentence.

The first Gulf War kicked Saddam out of Kuwait.

The second Gulf War saw the US military crush the Iraqi military.

Both military victories.

WWII was nowhere near being decided in the European front and especially in the Pacific theater.

Your lack of military knowledge is showing.

Nice sentiments but please remember he was OK with his VP being hung and the speaker being shot by the people he sent there as he sat on his hands and did nothing. That is pure evil and it wouldn't be that much of a reach.
C'mon, man!

Any fair-minded person who even really, really, really "dislikes" President Trump knows in his/her heart that he would never, ever want to see Vice President Pence ["hanged"].

And he would never want obnoxious Nancy "shot."

The Donald is a showman. He has a big mouth. He speaks without thinking because he is a very spoiled person.

Yes, I admit, he is an example of "White privilege."

But to call him "pure evil" is -- IMHO -- quite a reach.

Have a nice day!

Hitler actively murdered every communist he could catch, to the delight of right wingers across Europe and the US, so calling Nazi Germany “the People’s Republic of Germany” is laughably wrong to start.

Secondly. Germany didn’t possess the capabilities to pull off a successful landing in England proper. Sealion was a fiasco waiting to happen.
I think you need to send your sarcasm meter in for a check up, it's not detecting sarcasm.

Anyway, he is history.

They have a lot more in common than you seem to think. Trump thought how Putin is behaving in Ukraine is how we should be behaving- on the southern border. His forced separation of families as a tool of terror was right out of Putin’s playbook.

That he hasn’t been able to become dictator yet is not for lack of trying. Give him enough chances and he will succeed at that as well.

They have a lot more in common than you seem to think. Trump thought how Putin is behaving in Ukraine is how we should be behaving- on the southern border. His forced separation of families as a tool of terror was right out of Putin’s playbook.

That he hasn’t been able to become dictator yet is not for lack of trying. Give him enough chances and he will succeed at that as well.
Thanks for your no doubt heartfelt comments.

The American media should be congratulated on its successful brainwashing of the American public.

President Trump just wanted prospective immigrants to observe American laws. How could anyone compare enforcing immigration laws to the obscene acts occurring in Ukraine: the Russians do not even have the decency to let refugees leave through safe corridors. The Russians kill people in the street. They bomb apartment houses.

C'mon, man!

Any fair-minded person who even really, really, really "dislikes" President Trump knows in his/her heart that he would never, ever want to see Vice President Pence ["hanged"].

And he would never want obnoxious Nancy "shot."

The Donald is a showman. He has a big mouth. He speaks without thinking because he is a very spoiled person.

Yes, I admit, he is an example of "White privilege."

But to call him "pure evil" is -- IMHO -- quite a reach.

Have a nice day!
Again, nice sentiments but any man, let alone the sitting president, that would send this message out to his followers that were storming the capitol building and already looking for the Vice President during an attempted insurrection is an evil man. He knew exactly what he was doing by sending this out and not sending in back up or doing anything to stop what was happening. Doesn't matter all that much if he is a mass murderer or just willing to sacrifice his own people who are innocent of wrong doing and standing up for Americans against HIS will..

1647110355572.png

When Trump descended that elevator to declare his candidacy and called Mexicans rapist, everyone I knew laughed at this racist demagogue and said he didn't have a chance. I immediately thought of Hitler and said, "we shall see."

Back
Top Bottom