• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What hasn’t gone to hell since Biden was elected?

How do you explain this part of your comment?

"2. ... it's becoming increasingly clear that the worst-case scenarios of climate change will definitely not happen."
Well because a democrat is President. Duh! LOL

Why is it that virtually all of your anti-Biden threads/posts end up with you looking uninformed and foolish?
This type of worthless comment seems to be the new liberal tactic, since the old tactic of calling every conservative a racist in nearly every conversation - has worn out.

To address the thread topic, I sure think everything Biden touches goes to hell. Individual polling on nearly every specific topic would indicate a majority feel much the same way. As far as the stock market, I've been thinking inflation at this incredibly high number certainly should jolt the market and have been surprised it hadn't yet. That was a rough and decisive down day yesterday. We'll see if people buy the dip or if it has further to go downward. I'd like to do a bit of buying a dip but haven't been tempted quite yet - thinking we'll potentially see a bit bigger dip.

The answer lies with the Republican Party as a whole.

The Republican Party has captured the minds of those who live in the rural counties of America. Those voters are mostly farmers and rural shopkeepers. They lack education and they are not well-informed. Most of what they know about politics is by word of mouth, otherwise known as gossip.

Most of them do not have a computer. Some do not have a television, and, if they do, they don't spend much time watching it. Farming and ranching is not a eight hour job. It's more like an 18-hour job.

The vast majority of Trump followers are low income. No one knows why they support Trump because they won't tell us. They won't tell us because they don't know why they support Trump. They prefer talking about Joe Biden and Kamala Harris instead. A few attempt to tell us about Trump, but they immediately venture into fantasy, and Jan. 6 is off limits.

Put a different way, Trump's followers are losers. It only makes sense that they would support a loser.

By way of providing an example of that analysis, Trump's followers will not respond to the issues of this report. That is partly due to the fact that most are not bright enough to be active on an internet political forum.
Jeez, talk about making the point of my first sentence in comment 53!

Dow dropped yesterday due to present day corporate earnings. Not a good economic bit of news and it scares investors.

I don't disagree that the economy is heading toward stagflation territory - has been for some time. Mohamed El-Erian predicted this as early as last spring/summer.

I only see part of this as being Biden's fault though. He added stimulus but a lot of it was good stimulus; unfortunately, it was stimulus that didn't predict the rise of new variants that shut down the global supply chain. There are variants even now in China that are disrupting the global supply chain - is it Biden's fault that China is effectively the world's largest economy and 20% of the global economy?

Difference is dow drop in Trump term was due to a pandemic beginning not Trump policies. Now the dow is dropping as the pandemic is ending and Biden policies are the cause.
Think before you post.
I certainly agree with this.

Because I support democracy over tyranny.

You think what the US government did after 9/11 has something to do with democracy?

How do you explain this part of your #8 comment?

"2. ... it's becoming increasingly clear that the worst-case scenarios of climate change will definitely not happen."
Many of the models of climate change from, say, a decade ago predicted worst-case scenarios that were truly apocalyptic, such as 5C warming from the pre-industrial baseline.

I remember in An Inconvenient Truth, when Al Gore talked about terrifying possibilities for abrupt climate change, like the sudden collapse of Lake Agassiz at the end of the last Ice Age, which completely altered the planet's climate in just a couple years and sent the globe back into an Ice Age for another thousand years. The implication was that we could hit similar tipping points that caused similarly abrupt climate change in our era.

The good news is that our renewable energy has improved a lot, our climate models have narrowed in on the range of possibilities, and we definitely will not get anywhere near 5C of climate change.

The most likely outcome is that we will have 2.0-2.5C climate change relative to the pre-industrial baseline, with a possibility of staying below 2.0C on the optimistic side.

Many of the models of climate change from, say, a decade ago predicted worst-case scenarios that were truly apocalyptic, such as 5C warming from the pre-industrial baseline.

I remember in An Inconvenient Truth, when Al Gore talked about terrifying possibilities for abrupt climate change, like the sudden collapse of Lake Agassiz at the end of the last Ice Age, which completely altered the planet's climate in just a couple years and sent the globe back into an Ice Age for another thousand years. The implication was that we could hit similar tipping points that caused similarly abrupt climate change in our era.

The good news is that our renewable energy has improved a lot, our climate models have narrowed in on the range of possibilities, and we definitely will not get anywhere near 5C of climate change.

The most likely outcome is that we will have 2.0-2.5C climate change relative to the pre-industrial baseline, with a possibility of staying below 2.0C on the optimistic side.

I believe the IPCC's very recent warnings. And I believe that the IPCC's warnings are based on conservative projections. I think humanity is in the same spot we've been in for decades (which is: we needed to change our ways decades ago) and that we haven't made enough progress.

Reading threads such as this, I have come to believe there are a certain number of unhinged folks on the right who so pathologically loathe all things "Democrat," they'd rather see things like the Dow drop just so they can say "see, we told you but you wouldn't listen!"

Seems rather pathetic to live with such a self defeating hatred.

Reading threads such as this, I have come to believe there are a certain number of unhinged folks on the right who so pathologically loathe all things "Democrat," they'd rather see things like the Dow drop just so they can say "see, we told you but you wouldn't listen!"

Seems rather pathetic to live with such a self defeating hatred.
Yup and what do they want, a return to trumpism along with the catastrophic damage he caused.

If he is re-elected we'll be one step closer to a civil war IMO, I don't like saying it ..but I feel the hate towards those who could idolize a man like Trump.

What policies are directly contributable to the drop?
His restrictive energy policies and his desire to just keep pumping more money into the economy (e.g., the last covid bill was unnecessary and overkill when the economy was already well into recovery mode) - have both been notable as far as adding inflationary issues. Then, he paid people to stay home longer, creating a significant lack of willing workers and escalating wages too high too fast (with employers desperate for workers). That further escalated prices as increased prices were necessary to offset increased wages.
Now we have an inflationary mess and those increased wages can't even begin to compete with the resulting inflation.
The Fed has no choice but to increase interest rates at a pace and rate uncomfortable to the stock market.

His restrictive energy policies and his desire to just keep pumping more money into the economy (e.g., the last covid bill was unnecessary and overkill when the economy was already well into recovery mode) - have both been notable as far as adding inflationary issues. Then, he paid people to stay home longer, creating a significant lack of willing workers and escalating wages too high too fast (with employers desperate for workers). That further escalated prices as increased prices were necessary to offset increased wages.
Now we have an inflationary mess and those increased wages can't even begin to compete with the resulting inflation.
The Fed has no choice but to increase interest rates at a pace and rate uncomfortable to the stock market.
Not only are those contentions false, or at least unprovable, you utterly failed to answer the question. You were asked to support your claim that Biden's policies have led to this recent drop in the dow.
So again, what specific policy or policies and how do you attribute that DIRECTLY as the cause of the drop?

Not going after terrorist is a good thing?
Uhh, yeah. We were spending billions every year and accomplishing nothing but killing civilians and creating more terrorists.

I think Yellen's words yesterday precipitated the drop. The US economy is strong, even with high inflation, so I'm not so sure it will move much lower but maybe. I learned long ago not to guess where the market is going to go. We are very happy with our level of investment and have no plans to make a move in either direction.

Difference is dow drop in Trump term was due to a pandemic beginning not Trump policies. Now the dow is dropping as the pandemic is ending and Biden policies are the cause.
Think before you post.
Oh, I forgot how Trump was able to blame the drop on COVID but it has had no impact on Biden's administration or are you willing to admit that the supply chain issues and inflation are also due to the pandemic? (because they are).

Also, please show us the Biden policies that are causing the current downturn.

Great, you can also explain the Biden policies that have caused the Dow to drop.
...or not. I'm going with the "or not ".

OP, also explain this graph, does Biden get credit for the steep increase as well since you're blaming him for the drop? Don't give us any of that BS about this being Trump's increase because it was going up when he was in office unless you're willing to admit that it was Obama's economy that started all this as the rate of incline hasn't changed since Obama was in office.

1650729869842.png

Back
Top Bottom