• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Has President Barack Obama Accomplished?

After spending over a trillion dollars shouldn't we have better results? After all Obama was in the same Congress that created this mess. How do you explain unemployment going up after spending all that money?
Congress didn't create the mess, it was the fat cats on Wall Street that did it, just like in 1929 after 12 years of Republican rule.

Congress didn't create the mess, it was the fat cats on Wall Street that did it, just like in 1929 after 12 years of Republican rule.

The Depression was caused by a decrease in the money supply.
Most non partisan sources will confirm this.

This recession we're in now, has multiple factors in it's cause.

The Depression was caused by a decrease in the money supply.
Most non partisan sources will confirm this.

This recession we're in now, has multiple factors in it's cause.

The Depression was caused by a huge variety of factors - leave no stone unturned!
If you prevent ___ problem from reoccuring that doesn't mean that others won't creat a similar environment.

Congress has oversight of Wall Street and Congress was under Democrat Control. what did Democrats do to prevent the problem?

by following the Bush plan

by making it worse

such as studying the incredible roles that could be played in the future by robot bees :roll:

is the person who wrote this insane? trillion dollar increases in the debt year by year from here on out?

this i have no idea what it is.

which will lose lots of jobs and waste lots of money and do lots of damage to our environment and our poor. see: Spain

which they have given up on in the Senate because it is such an obvious jobs-destroyer that there is just no way it could gain even the Democrats support

where? and don't give me the "oh he's made more raids" or something like that; i want to see numbers of criminal activities and lawlessness going down. i would also like to know how keeping states from protecting their own citizenry by enforcing the law is 'securing the border'. making the border safe for illegals is not "border security"

like what.

that is definitely an accomplishment. unfortunately it's going to make health insurance far more expensive, disproportionately harm our young and poor, drastically reduce the amount of health resources available to our seniors and the sickest amongst us, and drive us deep, deep, deep further into debt along the route; aside from the wonderful scary new precedent that the federal government is now authorized to force you to buy something For The Collective Good.

really. the Obama administration has made quite a habit of refusing freedom of information requests and even the lap-dog-loyal press corps is complaining about how opaque they are. i'd like to see some more instances of all this openness.

and pushed them instead to unregulated loan sharks who will cripple them physically instead of financially

ah. that must be why we're pouring money into freddie and fannie in order to re-inflate the housing bubble?

because if there is one thing history has proven again and again it's that manufacturing never takes off so well and grows so fast as when government directs it :roll:

i'd like to see this explained?

which will have the merely i-thought-i-heard-a-bump-downstairs effect of sending the economy into another nosedive early next year.

:lol: many who?

yes, because if there is one thing the Founding Fathers gave their lives for, it's to have a Federal Government that is big and intrusive enough that it considers one of it's holiest duties (a 'right', no less!) the provision of the capability for online chatrooms to every cabin in America

by sucking it all up through massive deficit spending and giving it to his buddies in congress to spend on pork projects.

which puts him on line with every other administration for the past.... what? 20 years? if this is a major accomplishment, then so is pardoning a turkey on thanksgiving

which will have all kinds of horrendous effects on the availability and cost of health insurance and health care. sort of like healing a bullet wound to the calf by cutting off the leg at the knee

:lol: and yet employers continue to announce that the incentives are structured in such a way as to require them to reduce the coverage they offer or refuse to offer it alltogether. the math is very simple on this one; spend 8% paying a fine, or spend 15% paying for health insurance.

which is a bad thing.

again, which has all kinds of negative consequences.

which will at least over time help destroy medicare. but i'll put this up against his gutting of the real price negotiation portion of Medicare (medicare D) any day of the week.

bush dramatically increased VA spending, i'd like to see some justification for this

who are making way more than their civilian counterparts and whose pension plans spell future higher taxes and lower growth for the rest of the economy and who are generally unneeded in the middle of a recession. this isn't an accomplishment, this is more-of-the-same, a continuation of a bush era policy of growing the government.

:roll:

by (alone, of all the departments) dramatically cutting the military budget including that for research?

HAH!!! people actually believe that?

yup. what a wonderfully intelligent decision that was, too. this way the Iranians will be all embarrassed and stop developing them themselves.....

another continuation of a bush policy

again, bush did this too; how much did bush increase aid to africa, again?

yup. good thing kowtowing to dictators doesn't have any negative consequences in the world, eh?

by squashing them, apparently, in favor of Chavez-backed strongmen wannabe's? how about created Democracies out of tyrannies? or was that Bush again?

again, simply not accurate.

after heavy redaction and careful editing in order to create the political effect desired

a rule that he has repeatedly broken

by nationalizing them; a program designed to continue to jack up the cost of education while at the same time ensuring that people who don't need it consume more of it, and that more Americans start their working lives deeper in debt. yeah, really good job on that one.

hooray. another unConstitutional function of government restored!

oh wait, another continuation of Bush era policy; Bush being the president who has added the most to the nations' protected areas

because they haven't been doing that for the past century.

by continuing to back the anti-logging screeds that cause them to blaze across wide area's in the first place

from what? i'm going to need some specifics on this as well

see earlier bit on federalizing student loans

if he did that then good on him. but again, i'd like some specifics

which is stupid and antithetical to the Rule of Law.

Bush II liberated two nations from totalitarian dictatorships and turned them into representative societies (though we're not done with one of them yet). Obama so far has screwed up the economy and continued the Bush policies overseas. he's got far to go.

Amazing that to an Obama supporter perception is reality but that perception isn't based upon facts. There is nothing specific or supported by fact in the original thread post but instead is a list of opinions by an individual who has done little research.

Barack Obama's results speak for themselves, Almost 16 million unemployed Americans, unemployment higher each month of 2010 than 2009, 3 trillion added to the debt, economic growth downgraded even though over a trillion dollars spent on stimulus, Obama adoption of the Bush Iraq Plan and even brought back Petraeus to save him in Afghanistan.

:lol: yeah, congress didn't massively seek to distort the finance and mortgage markets, no sir. :roll: those wall street fat cats were just itching to massively malinvest their money and take huge losses, dragging much of the rest of the economy with them; because if there is one thing Wall Street hates, it's profit.

Riiiiiight...and all those millions of Americans that speculated...got in way over their head on loans they couldnt afford...the dont bear ANY of the responsibility...it was all those fatcats...not congress...

Back
Top Bottom