• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What has Obama done that violates the Constitution?

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
A lot of conservatives make remarks about how Obama hates the constitution and violates it so I was hoping if some of you could point out to me what Obama has done that violates the Consitutiton?

A lot of conservatives make remarks about how Obama hates the constitution and violates it so I was hoping if some of you could point out to me what Obama has done that violates the Consitutiton?

Do you think conservatives are the only people who loath and detest Obama?

Well I guess if you are really into yoga you could say he signed off on a lot of stuff that Bush set up. Which was said to violate the constitution. :)

Are you going to continue to not answer the question?

I'm more than willing to directly answer your question. Imo the answer is nothing. Now, since I've answered your question are you not ethically obligated to answer mine?

I'm more than willing to directly answer your question. Imo the answer is nothing. Now, since I've answered your question are you not ethically obligated to answer mine?

Thank you for answering the question; now to answer yours, I do not think only conservatives dislike Obama but I have only seen Conservatives write things such as Obama violating the Constitution which is why I started this thread because I was wondering if people could be specific and point out examples.

Thank you for answering the question; now to answer yours, I do not think only conservatives dislike Obama but I have only seen Conservatives write things such as Obama violating the Constitution which is why I started this thread because I was wondering if people could be specific and point out examples.

Thank you. I'm not a conservative, but I hold some conservative views. For lack of a better term, I'm post-ideological. Obama is a symptom of a sickness deeper than individual personalities.

I think the Constitution mentions something about being a Natural born citizen or something...and some people disagree with that.

I could be wrong.

Nothing that hasn't been done before, as far as I can tell.

I think the Constitution mentions something about being a Natural born citizen or something...and some people disagree with that.

I could be wrong.

Last I checked, he has been pretty straight forward with the fact that he was born in Hawaii.

Last I checked, he has been pretty straight forward with the fact that he was born in Hawaii.

And that has what to do with anything? Do you know what a Natural Born Citizen is?

Like what?

Noting in particular, I just threw that disclaimer in there for the eventual complaints about the emoulments clause or the expansion of government.

And that has what to do with anything? Do you know what a Natural Born Citizen is?

There is an entire forum for this. Stop bringing it out into the rest of the site.

Noting in particular, I just threw that disclaimer in there for the eventual complaints about the emoulments clause or the expansion of government.

There is an entire forum for this. Stop bringing it out into the rest of the site.

Originally Posted by EpicDude86 

I could be wrong.

Originally Posted by WTPPolitics

Point #1. I didn't start it.

Point #2. Just because you lost the argument, and you are a Mod, does that mean I can't bring others to enlightenment?

Point #3. See point #1.

Point #1. I didn't start it.

Point #2. Just because you lost the argument, and you are a Mod, does that mean I can't bring others to enlightenment?

Point #3. See point #1.

And I'm telling you and anyone else who want to talk about this garbage to take it to the Conspiracy forum. Period.

And I'm telling you and anyone else who want to talk about this garbage to take it to the Conspiracy forum. Period.

OK....I'm sure I won't see you there.

I think his point is, this particular discussion of it is related to the topic of the thread...which it kind of is. He asked if there were any Unconstitutional actions taken by Obama, and this is an unconstitutional action that some believe he has taken.

I think his point is, this particular discussion of it is related to the topic of the thread...which it kind of is. He asked if there were any Unconstitutional actions taken by Obama, and this is an unconstitutional action that some believe he has taken.

The bull**** conspiracy theory claiming that Obama is a kenyan or is otherwise not qualified to be a citizen is just that - a conspiracy theory. This forum is kind enough to provide a place for the crazies to talk to each other about their craziness. What we do not allow is the crazies to bring their bull**** up into the rest of the forum.

If people want to claim that Obama has violated the constitution by expanding gov or accepting the nobel prize, that's fine. If they want to talk about their idiocy relating to his citizenship, they can leave the adult forum and hang out in the place set aside for them.

The Obama supports banning guns.
This is clearly a violation of the Constitution.

The bull**** conspiracy theory claiming that Obama is a kenyan or is otherwise not qualified to be a citizen is just that - a conspiracy theory. This forum is kind enough to provide a place for the crazies to talk to each other about their craziness. What we do not allow is the crazies to bring their bull**** up into the rest of the forum.

If people want to claim that Obama has violated the constitution by expanding gov or accepting the nobel prize, that's fine. If they want to talk about their idiocy relating to his citizenship, they can leave the adult forum and hang out in the place set aside for them.

The OP asked for what people thought, and we gave it to him. Relax. Are we going off the handle by mentioning it? Posting massive amounts of links to all the supposedly fraudulent documents? Are we spamming the thread with: "OHNOES! CONSPIRACY!"

No. we are not. You should relax, it's just the interwebs.

Check out the following:

Many liberals lambasted the Bush administration on detention policy and warrantless surveillance, often arguing that they violated the Constitution. Now the Obama administration is pushing ahead with plans to require every American to purchase health insurance.

Doesn't that also violate the Constitution?

The Constitution created a federal government limited to its enumerated powers. Everything Congress is allowed to do is spelled out in Article I. The 10th Amendment makes it explicit: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Nothing in the Constitution authorizes any federal involvement in healthcare – yet Congress may soon require everyone in America to buy insurance.

Admittedly, the Supreme Court has ruled that the language empowering Congress to "regulate Commerce ... among the several States" applies to an ever-broadening range of activity. The "commerce" clause was originally intended to prohibit interstate tariffs, a supposed problem under the Articles of Confederation.

Can Obama force you to buy health insurance? | csmonitor.com

The Obama supports banning guns.
This is clearly a violation of the Constitution.

Yep, and he sure doesn't like freedom of speech because of the way he is going after Fox News. He sends his SEIU union thugs to beat up old codgers at the Tea Parties. It's Chicago politics in a big way.

Back
Top Bottom