• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What has Obama done that has improved economic conditions, making things better

But that does not disprove his posts are entirely worthless. It may not warrant a ban, but the rest of Prrriiide's post is dead on.

As posted Prrriide's post was typical of any liberal, distortions, diversions, and in some cases down right lies right out of Media Matters. MoveOn, or some other leftwing website. Until the last part of his post he totally ignored the thread topic as do most Obama supporters. There is nothing Obama has done that has made this country stronger economically or safer thus the best an Obama supporter can do is divert.

I am still waiting for someone to explain to us how adding 3 trillion to the debt and having 16 million unemployed is a record that warrants the "Summer Recovery Tour". Looks to me like Obama is used to dealing with the braindead and totally uninformed that buy everything he says.

As for you, I am still waiting for you to explain how INCOME TAX revenue grew AFTER tax cuts and thus why tax cuts always are considered an expense by liberals?

But that does not disprove his posts are entirely worthless. It may not warrant a ban, but the rest of Prrriiide's post is dead on.

I understand completely. The only viewpoint that has worth is liberal. Yes I'm going to say it again... and again... and again. The biggest problems we have today is due to the libs tearing away at this country traditional family values which has led to moral decay. Everything is OK these days including 50% divorce rate, partial birth abortion, same sex marriage, prayer rights removed from schools, children dependent on parents well into their 20's...etc. Ask your grandfather how he likes things today? If you're fortunate to have one alive. I have 6 kids and am really concerned about their future... mainly because of liberal political influence from public schools to hollywood. Thank God I'm able to afford private school educ.

I understand completely. The only viewpoint that has worth is liberal. Yes I'm going to say it again... and again... and again. The biggest problems we have today is due to the libs tearing away at this country traditional family values which has led to moral decay. Everything is OK these days including 50% divorce rate, partial birth abortion, same sex marriage, prayer rights removed from schools, children dependent on parents well into their 20's...etc. Ask your grandfather how he likes things today? If you're fortunate to have one alive. I have 6 kids and am really concerned about their future... mainly because of liberal political influence from public schools to hollywood. Thank God I'm able to afford private school educ.

You aren't the only one with concern for their children. If you think I want my daughter to have to deal with the Charlie-foxtrot the politicians of the last 20 years have foisted upon, you're sadly mistaken. And you can try and pigeon-hole me into a liberal if you want, but it won't work. It ain't that cut and dried.

But I wonder...how do you get that liberals are responsible for high divorce rates? If that were the case, how did the laws regarding divorce in ancient Mesopotamia get into the Code of Hammurabi? Talmudic Law and Shari'a Law both have provision for it. In 1772, a Dr. James Blair retained one Thomas Jefferson to represent him in divorce proceedings (Dr. Blair died before his wife could sue). I know plenty of divorced Republicans. I know plenty more that probably should be but conventional morality doesn't allow for their personal happiness.

PBA is an abomination, and I can't see how anyone can defend it.

Sam sex marriage - meh. I don't care what you do in your bedroom or what anyone else does. The argument that allowing gays to have the same financial benefits as hetero couples will somehow be a drag on the economy is a strawman. The reality is that the people that are most vehemently against it are against it because Leviticus says you should be. I can't remember if that's right before or right after the part about making your unclean wife sleep in a tent outside of town until the Rabbi declares her clean. Just how the Rabbi went about ascertaining the wife's level of cleanliness...well...I'll not go there.

Whose prayer rights? Because if christian kids are allowed prayer, you have to allow it to muslim kids as well. Muslim prayer is very different than christian prayer. Are you willing to allow wiccan prayer? How about Native American prayer? Have you ever heard a Native American prayer? In some tribes, the drumming and chanting can go on for hours. Are you suggeting that these AMERICANS be denied their right to worship as they please while others are allowed that same right? Be careful what you wish for on that subject, my friend. The answer might very well be worse (or more offensive to you) than the status quo.

It hasn't been until the last 15 or so years that college students were graduating with a de facto education mortgage hanging over their heads. It's pretty hard to take an entry-level position, even one paying a decent salary, and pay for a car, food, utilities, rent, AND keep up with a $700-$1000 a month student loan payment. Believe me, of the ones living at home the huge percentage would rather be out on their own making their way in the world. But the student loan catch-22 has them in a situation where it just isn't possible. Put another way: if it hadn't been for the housing boom, I'd still be paying my student loans off 15 years after graduation. i made enough on the sale of my first house to get rid of them. We're still paying my wife's. You might be better off sending your kids to a good public school and saving the private tuition for college. By the time my daughter gets to college, the average cost for the local state university is expected to be over $300K total for four years.

Would my grandfather be happy about the way things are today? No. Not at all. He'd be wondering how things got so screwed up that we have kids living at home in their 20s and 30s to pay off their school loans, when state school tuition was free in a lot of states when he was alive. He'd be wondering how someone can, in the same breath, demand that the govenment stay out of their business while demanding that the govenrment legislate someone else's bedroom. He'd be wondering how political debate between otherwise intelligent and respectful people in this country has degenerated to the level of two three year-olds pulling on a blankie screaming "MINE MINE MINE" at the same time.

You aren't the only one with concern for their children. If you think I want my daughter to have to deal with the Charlie-foxtrot the politicians of the last 20 years have foisted upon, you're sadly mistaken. And you can try and pigeon-hole me into a liberal if you want, but it won't work. It ain't that cut and dried.

But I wonder...how do you get that liberals are responsible for high divorce rates? If that were the case, how did the laws regarding divorce in ancient Mesopotamia get into the Code of Hammurabi? Talmudic Law and Shari'a Law both have provision for it. In 1772, a Dr. James Blair retained one Thomas Jefferson to represent him in divorce proceedings (Dr. Blair died before his wife could sue). I know plenty of divorced Republicans. I know plenty more that probably should be but conventional morality doesn't allow for their personal happiness.

PBA is an abomination, and I can't see how anyone can defend it.

Sam sex marriage - meh. I don't care what you do in your bedroom or what anyone else does. The argument that allowing gays to have the same financial benefits as hetero couples will somehow be a drag on the economy is a strawman. The reality is that the people that are most vehemently against it are against it because Leviticus says you should be. I can't remember if that's right before or right after the part about making your unclean wife sleep in a tent outside of town until the Rabbi declares her clean. Just how the Rabbi went about ascertaining the wife's level of cleanliness...well...I'll not go there.

Whose prayer rights? Because if christian kids are allowed prayer, you have to allow it to muslim kids as well. Muslim prayer is very different than christian prayer. Are you willing to allow wiccan prayer? How about Native American prayer? Have you ever heard a Native American prayer? In some tribes, the drumming and chanting can go on for hours. Are you suggeting that these AMERICANS be denied their right to worship as they please while others are allowed that same right? Be careful what you wish for on that subject, my friend. The answer might very well be worse (or more offensive to you) than the status quo.

It hasn't been until the last 15 or so years that college students were graduating with a de facto education mortgage hanging over their heads. It's pretty hard to take an entry-level position, even one paying a decent salary, and pay for a car, food, utilities, rent, AND keep up with a $700-$1000 a month student loan payment. Believe me, of the ones living at home the huge percentage would rather be out on their own making their way in the world. But the student loan catch-22 has them in a situation where it just isn't possible. Put another way: if it hadn't been for the housing boom, I'd still be paying my student loans off 15 years after graduation. i made enough on the sale of my first house to get rid of them. We're still paying my wife's. You might be better off sending your kids to a good public school and saving the private tuition for college. By the time my daughter gets to college, the average cost for the local state university is expected to be over $300K total for four years.

Would my grandfather be happy about the way things are today? No. Not at all. He'd be wondering how things got so screwed up that we have kids living at home in their 20s and 30s to pay off their school loans, when state school tuition was free in a lot of states when he was alive. He'd be wondering how someone can, in the same breath, demand that the govenment stay out of their business while demanding that the govenrment legislate someone else's bedroom. He'd be wondering how political debate between otherwise intelligent and respectful people in this country has degenerated to the level of two three year-olds pulling on a blankie screaming "MINE MINE MINE" at the same time.

First off.. We are a nation founded and developed by Christians with judeo-christian values. It was mostly Christian men [and women] who fought and sacrificed to gain and keep our independence. Our Constitution and Declaration Independence was written by men of faith. Millions of Christians paid the ultimate price for your current freedoms. You can knock how america was conquored all you want... but the fact remains Christian values, traditions and principles developed this land from a wilderness to the strongest nation in the world. So now you think it's ok for us to passively move aside and let others take control. No quite yet!

For over 2000 yrs marriage has automatically been considered between a man and women and know we're all of a sudden suppose to accept something contrary to that... I don't think so! Gays can have the same rights with a legal contract. Obama got elected on the theme of CHANGE... thats fine I want change too. Change for the good of the majority who are in step with family values... not a small minority of 1-2% which the sex act is the most important thing in their lives... including making others think two men commiting anal intercourse is normal and it's ok for all young men to try it. I don't know what lesbians do but assume it requires some kind of device for gratification.

That being said I have no problem with two people doing whatever they both choose to do in private. And all people should have the same LEGAL rights. I just don't want gay teachers telling a class of confused adolescents "alternative lifestyles" are ok there's no problem to experiement with. Do you want your kids taught that??

I'm OK with removing prayer from public primary/seconday school as long as my tax dollars don't support this. Dems are against tax credits for home or private schools which is because they are already so wealthy don't need them. They could care less that the lower and middle socioeconomic class wants choice for educ... just the same as them.

I don't know where you live but our state has never had free university tuition. If you want to go to college, you either hope you have well heeled parents or you work and pay for it yourself. We have some very nice state universities including Purdue and Indiana University and neither cost over $22k per year. Room and board included. If you choose to go to Notre Dame... thats a different story.

I don't know where you got your $300k figure? Please show proof of a state college charging these amounts. Unfortunately a lot of naive and immature kids like yourself took out unnecessary loans without thinking thru the reality of repayment someday. I didn't go to grad school but got thru 4 yrs of college without any help from my parents. Maybe more kids should be doing it the hard way rather that floating loans and partying their way thru college. I had TWO jobs and went to school full time.

BTW why don't you tell me which tuition free states you refer too that no longer provide this to residents. I'd be interested to know?? I personally lived in Calif when I was discharged from service and they gave me free tuition but I paid for everything else myself. I assume they still do??

The bottom line is that this countries greatness started to decline once we began to move away from tradional family values. My father [and grandfather] would have been shocked to see the profound changes in morals over the last 30-40 yrs. I thought I was a radical in my college days [and fit the mold] but if I was in school today [with my attitudes] I think I would be shunned as a geek, square, or whatever they call those who are NOT cool.

Decadence and hedonism now prevail in the US... especially among young college students with liberal parents. They've been taught the govt will/should provide food, clothing, shelter... educ, health care... and the list goes on. No wonder we're 13 trillion in debt and becoming more and more dependent on countries like China to maintain our extravagance.

Back
Top Bottom