• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What has been Joe Biden's most important contribution to date??

What are Biden's most important contributions to date??

• Other than those listed

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • The chaotic Afghanistan pull-out

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • The rapid increase in covid infections

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • The huge influx of illegal immigrants due to his encouraging an open border myth

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • The rapid rise of inflation from the targeted 2 percent to the now 4.2 percent - Reuters

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • The millions of jobs that have still not been replaced

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • The increased polarization of the nation

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • The diminished capacity of auto makers, etc. due to chip shortages

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • The upheaval with a key ally - France - due to finagling a submarine contract with no communication

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Two SCOTUS decisions overturning his attempt at government overreach

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
That was good detail on Trump.
You gave me my first laugh in the morning with
"Trump was (and still is in some ways) a blockage in the bowels of democracy, one it was able to pass."
I'm glad he is not president and I hope he does not run again.

I am still waiting for millions of Americans to realize the country does not need Trump to prosper and be a little more united. But I do not believe Biden is a uniter.
Biden is a caretaker president - I wasn't enthusiastic about voting for him, and I know few who were. He happened to be the alternate to Trump in 2020, and getting Trump removed from the White House was the priority. But no - Biden's not going to unify the country at this point in time, most particularly because Trump continues to stoke the fires of conspiracist nuttery vis-a-vis election fraud, and further embitter/entrench his ardent supporters.

The nation is still experiencing withdrawal pains from Trumpism. The recovery is hampered in that there's too many Americans of us who refuse to stop feeding at Trump's misinformation/conspiracy buffet line. I hope we'll get back to some semblance of sanity in the near future, but it's just as likely we double down. American democracy may be resilient, but I'm not so sure about American common sense.

Biden is a caretaker president - I wasn't enthusiastic about voting for him, and I know few who were. He happened to be the alternate to Trump in 2020, and getting Trump removed from the White House was the priority. But no - Biden's not going to unify the country at this point in time, most particularly because Trump continues to stoke the fires of conspiracist nuttery vis-a-vis election fraud, and further embitter/entrench his ardent supporters.

The nation is still experiencing withdrawal pains from Trumpism. The recovery is hampered in that there's too many Americans of us who refuse to stop feeding at Trump's misinformation/conspiracy buffet line. I hope we'll get back to some semblance of sanity in the near future, but it's just as likely we double down. American democracy may be resilient, but I'm not so sure about American common sense.
The "withdrawal pains" are not withdrawal at all. Therein lies the problem. People have made the past their priority, and that doesn't serve them well. Thanks!!

The "withdrawal pains" are not withdrawal at all. Therein lies the problem. People have made the past their priority, and that doesn't serve them well. Thanks!!
That Trump is no longer POTUS is true. Trumpism, however, is still an issue.

So in that sense you're right - it's hard to discuss withdrawal symptoms when too many Americans are still mainlining Trump's smack.

So in that sense you're right - it's hard to discuss withdrawal symptoms when too many Americans are still mainlining Trump's smack.
Actually, it's the left that's keeping it alive. You might be interested in the results of this thread. If it interests you enough, you won't have to rely on my count at all. You can do your own. I designed the poll to talk solely about Biden's performance, and did so in a such a way as to elicit a strong defense from his supporters.. I made sure that "other" was at the top of the list as to be obvious that there was an alternative to the poll positions for the sake of discussion. Would you like to know how many had any interest in discussing or even defending Biden?? Would you be at all interested to know how many out of 128 responses would rather mention, discuss or disparage Trump?? The results are right in front of you. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Actually, it's the left that's keeping it alive. You might be interested in the results of this thread. If it interests you enough, you won't have to rely on my count at all. You can do your own. I designed the poll to talk solely about Biden's performance, and did so in a such a way as to elicit a strong defense from his supporters.. I made sure that "other" was at the top of the list as to be obvious that there was an alternative to the poll positions for the sake of discussion. Would you like to know how many had any interest in discussing or even defending Biden?? Would you be at all interested to know how many out of 128 responses would rather mention, discuss or disparage Trump?? The results are right in front of you. Thanks!!
Actually you're incorrect. Trump is keeping it alive, with the support of Trumpists. The GOP continues to run scared of him, they are censoring and purging those who criticize him (e.g. Cheney). He is the current GOP kingmaker, and many Republican politicians are scrambling to adjust their rhetoric and agenda to appeal to Trumpists.

Trump entered the conversation in this particular thread because many cited running against Trump (and giving the American majority a chance to remove Trump from power) as Biden's most important contribution. The conversation progressed from there, as conversations do. Golly!!

Actually you're incorrect. Trump is keeping it alive, with the support of Trumpists. The GOP continues to run scared of him, they are censoring and purging those who criticize him (e.g. Cheney). He is the current GOP kingmaker, and many Republican politicians are scrambling to adjust their rhetoric and agenda to appeal to Trumpists.

Trump entered the conversation in this particular thread because many cited running against Trump (and giving the American majority a chance to remove Trump from power) as Biden's most important contribution. The conversation progressed from there, as conversations do. Golly!!
That's your interpretation and it's inaccurate. It is the left and its extreme that prefers its past "anguish" over its own future. I see very little conservative or moderate interest on this site to resurrect or even discuss Trump in comparison to the left. The left prefers the past , and because of that, it no longer holds any sway toward the future. That is why it will lose influence. The left has become so wallowed in yesterday's excuses, that it has no interest at all in today's outcomes. Thanks!!

My interpretation trumps yours, which is inaccurate. If the left is still talking about Trump it's for two reasons - he was a deeply unpopular POTUS and it serves their agenda, and because the Republican Party simply cannot drop him because too many people in their fold are die-hard supporters. Recent polling shows the majority of Republicans are still convinced Trump won in 2020 and the election was stolen.

They won't let him go, and as a result the party can't. Gee Willikers!!

Wrong. He wasn't mad because he was disliked. He is disliked because of what his madness makes him.

Because he is an unapologetic liar.
Because he is amoral at best.
Because while he was POTUS he put his ego ahead of his duty to the nation.
Because he is socially, intellectually, and emotionally stunted.
Because he has no traits that suggested he would be a capable leader.
Because he is the antithesis of everything the GOP purported to be for (common sense, character, personal responsibility) and they threw all that out to kneel before him.
Because he is tactless, graceless, boorish, and everything we should teach our children to NOT be.

Last but certainly not least, because through his bombast and rhetoric he commanded fanatic loyalty of his followers and still does, and for reasons that had nothing to do with strength of character, intelligence, or political acumen and everything to do with emotional, visceral rage, and vindication of their sense of victimhood. He is the archetype for what happens when emotion overrules reason in politics.

So you don't like him personally. Join the crowd.
Perhaps you have never been that close to an executive that was running the company that you did not like personally.
But what did he do to hurt the country?

Now that Joe "the adult in the room" is in the White House, things are so much better, right?

-snip-
51510591708_40d096c593_b.jpg

Since I never envied someone else's wealth, your complaints about the rich profiting from tax cuts do not resonate with me. There will always be rich and poor people.

So one family has been influential in politics. Big deal.

And I hope Trump never runs again.

Consider that there is no actual response to specifics presented by Lycanthrope or myself. My post centered around the FACT "promises made, promises kept," was a Con. When none of 60 "promises" incorporated into ten described pieces of legislation, in Trump's "first 100 days" were actually accomplished, the Trump admin simply moved the ball.

I asked repeatedly, paraphrasing my question, "it is obvious what return the wealthiest political extremists who invested large sums in Trump and other G.O.P. candidates in 2016 got in return on their investment, but what did voters get in return for voting in lockstep with the wealthiest G.O.P. contributors, aside from a huge rise in the national debt and hyper polarization,"?

Please be so kind to enter or explain an alternate choice. I had more choices but the poll number apparently is limited. Thanks!!

Well this one is really easy

He beat Donnie .. . so far thats easily his best contribution and that contribution is factually accurate unlike the rest of the poll.

I didnt vote for him i voted 3rd party but it was such a great thing that citizens in multiple countries around the world including our own flocked to the streets in celebration of Donnie's loss. Canada, Australia, England, France, Italy, Ireland, UK, Japan, Germany etc etc

Thats never happened in my lifetime to a president, i dont recall the world celebrating a president's loss .. . .such unity and solidarity like that was inspiring.

Well this one is really easy

He beat Donnie .. . so far thats easily his best contribution and that contribution is factually accurate unlike the rest of the poll.

I didnt vote for him i voted 3rd party but it was such a great thing that citizens in multiple countries around the world including our own flocked to the streets in celebration of Donnie's loss. Canada, Australia, England, France, Italy, Ireland, UK, Japan, Germany etc etc

Thats never happened in my lifetime to a president, i dont recall the world celebrating a president's loss .. . .such unity and solidarity like that was inspiring.

Biden turned around petroleum production in the U.S. after its record decline under President Con.

Was Trump POTUS during all of 2020, when this happened for reasons beyond his control? Do you have any understanding of how shale oil production increased U.S. output, pre-pandemic economic downturn and how that downturn affected drilling and
production rig counts?

U.S. oil producers on pace for most bankruptcies since last oil downturn​

https://www.reuters.com › article › u-s-oil-producers-on...
Oct 1, 2020 — "..Thirty-six producers with $51 billion in debt filed for bankruptcy protection in the first eight months of the year, according to the law firm Haynes and Boone. The coronavirus pandemic crushed fuel demand and left debt-laden producers without access to credit..."

U.S. crude oil production fell by 8% in 2020, the largest annual decrease on record

- EIA​

Mar 9, 2021 — "U.S. crude oil production averaged 11.3 million barrels per day (b/d) in 2020, down 935,000 b/d (8%) from the record annual average high of ..."

There were 378.00 active drilling rigs in the U.S. on January 22, 2021
There were 521.00, yesterday....

US Rig Count

In depth view into US Rig Count including historical data from 1968, charts and stats.
ycharts.com
"US Rig Count, displays the number of active drilling rigs throughout the United States. The indicator is closely watched as a precursor to oil production in the US oil and gas production industry. Throughout the mid 2010s, US rig counts reached a low of 404 active drilling rigs in May 2016 following significant decreases in oil prices from previous years, then started to rebound as oil prices started to rise again and improvements in drilling technology made previously uneconomical oil deposits viable.
US Rig Count is at a current level of 521.00, up from 512.00 last week and up from 255.00. one year ago This is a change of 1.76% from last week and 104.3% from one year ago."

Last edited:
Remember: After every Republican disaster presidency, there will be people on both sides screaming, "You didn't fix your their mess fast enough!"

Republicans spend 4-8 years absolutely tearing apart the country, Democrats spend 4-8 years trying to rebuild it. Republicans then blame the Democrat for not fixing the econony/wars/pandemic fast enough, get elected, inherit the hard work of the past ~8 years of Democratic stewardship, then give a massive tax cut to the rich while coasting on the economic success of their Democratic predecessor.

Remember: After every Republican disaster presidency, there will be people on both sides screaming, "You didn't fix your their mess fast enough!"

Republicans spend 4-8 years absolutely tearing apart the country, Democrats spend 4-8 years trying to rebuild it. Republicans then blame the Democrat for not fixing the econony/wars/pandemic fast enough, get elected, inherit the hard work of the past ~8 years of Democratic stewardship, then give a massive tax cut to the rich while coasting on the economic success of their Democratic predecessor.

Fixing Trump's terrible planning for vaccine distribution.
Uhhh...what? Trump had met Biden's goal for vaccine distribution before Biden took office.

I like that Biden bounced Lee Greenwood form the National National Endowment for the Arts.

He got us out of Afghanistan.

Please be so kind to enter or explain an alternate choice. I had more choices but the poll number apparently is limited. Thanks!!

You had no choices. Every single one is a blatant lie. You obviously made this up just to worship Trump the Terrorist, not get opinions about what President Biden's biggest contributions were.

What is "Trumpism"??

Back
Top Bottom