• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Hard Rock or Metal are you listening to?

And you say metal is old?

This is from SOAD's new album released in 2020

One thing i noticed is that European metal for the most part seems more melodic, when compared to United States metal.

I think part of it is that European metal is classical based,while american metal is blues based.

Plus in parts of Europe, many go down to bars and sing songs together, like at Oktoberfest in Germany, while in the United States the thing is karoke,but i think in the US many find it cheesy for everyone at a bar to sing along to a song.

I also seen in videos that in Europe, that the Women also attend metal festivals, while in the US its a sausage fest.

And in Europe they headbang,but in the US they mosh.

Am I the only one in love with Babymetal? I saw them live last year - and it was slightly disappointing due to the absence of one of their core members, but otherwise it was fantastic.

I would also like to see them live. That they seem to be an awesome live band.

Another great Asian band is The Hu.

Really nice cover of Nothing Else Matters.

While Hammarfall is one few band that can pull it off making a music video with a county's national curling team.

Last edited:
This thread is strictly for hard rock and heavy metal tunes you're listening to. Anything from Rush to Alice In Chains is welcome, so lets get this party started.

Here's a great Thin Lizzy song from their final album. Slow, yet deep.

Purple with Coverdale.

Here's some Whitesnake before they went all 'Here I go again!" on us.

My brother is a metal guitarist. He is seven years older than me. When I was little, he made me learn how to play parts of Holy Wars by Megadeth. He would play the song through with me.

I actually like My Dying Bride. Dimmu Borgir has songs I like. A few people posted bands my brother knows very well.

4 of my favorites

No metal thread can exist without including sabbath

Anthrax is often overlooked for their early work as straight up heavy metal gods

This is one of my favorite priest songs that I rarely hear played.

Triumph is a band that is totally under appreciated. Rick emmit is one of the best guitarists ever.

Metal from Japan.

Sounds nice, even though i don't understand what they are saying.

Back
Top Bottom