• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Hard Rock or Metal are you listening to?

MovingPictures

WE'LL DO IT LIVE!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
This thread is strictly for hard rock and heavy metal tunes you're listening to. Anything from Rush to Alice In Chains is welcome, so lets get this party started.

Here's a great Thin Lizzy song from their final album. Slow, yet deep.

Purple with Coverdale.

Here's some Whitesnake before they went all 'Here I go again!" on us.

I'll link my most recent one, and then a couple of my favorites -

Lot of Beast in Black - a modern power metal band with a bit of an 80's vibe to it, and a lot of songs inspired by the manga Berserk. Their lead singer (Yannis Papadopoulos) is the best voice in metal, and I'll literally fight anyone who says otherwise. Here's a sample from their second album. Dropped this year in February.

For a good look at the full range of this man's voice, he also did a cover of Ghost Love Score. Like someone in the comments section said:
Tarja: No one can perform Ghost Love Score like I did.
Floor: Hold my Xena-Outfit
Yannis: Hold my Balls!

Lot of Beast in Black - a modern power metal band with a bit of an 80's vibe to it, and a lot of songs inspired by the manga Berserk. Their lead singer (Yannis Papadopoulos) is the best voice in metal, and I'll literally fight anyone who says otherwise. Here's a sample from their second album. Dropped this year in February.

YouTube

For a good look at the full range of this man's voice, he also did a cover of Ghost Love Score. Like someone in the comments section said:

YouTube

That's not half bad, but Tarja is a goddess - no one performs her songs better than her. Floor isn't bad, but it could never be the same, they're very different singers. Same w/ this guy, his voice can go high, but the sound isn't even close.

That's not half bad, but Tarja is a goddess - no one performs her songs better than her. Floor isn't bad, but it could never be the same, they're very different singers. Same w/ this guy, his voice can go high, but the sound isn't even close.

Honestly, it's pretty damn close to me for most of the song, with no absolute best singer until later in. Right at 6:49 is the start to what sets Yannis aside as the better singer of the three for me. There's just so much ****ing power in that section, especially right at the turn of the minute.

Kinda going with an all time greats theme...

I'm more of a Dream Theater kind of guy.

Back
Top Bottom