• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"What Happens When Japan Stops Looking 'Japanese' ?"

TheParser

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
1. While surfing Google News a few minutes ago, I came across this article about the immigration issue in Japan.

2. It appears in the American liberal magazine Atlantic.

3. Just google the title of the article (in the title of my thread) + the words "The Atlantic."

4. Two points that fascinated me:

a. There are 2.3 million migrants in Japan.
b. The government plans to let in 350,000 unskilled workers during the next five years.

Last edited:
1. While surfing Google News a few minutes ago, I came across this article about the immigration issue in Japan.

2. It appears in the American liberal magazine Atlantic.

3. Just google the title of the article (in the title of my thread) + the words "The Atlantic."

4. Two points that fascinated me:

a. There are 2.3 million migrants in Japan.
b. The government plans to let in 350,000 unskilled workers during the next five years.

I have known some of the "unskilled workers".

Philippinos imported for domestic chores, entertainment, textile workers, etc. All on limited Visas and watched closely so as not to overstay.

Back
Top Bottom