• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What happens to the deplorables?

What happens to Trump's deplorables?

• They go back to being democrats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They form a new party. The Rush Limbaugh party

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other, please post below

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters
I don't need your "help," and I don't want it. I just need you to get out of the way.

As I said, my fortunes have elevated quite considerably since Trump was elected. My only concern is that bad Leftist policy will bring them down again.

I'm sure in your mind they have.
If you're poor and living with your momma, that's Obama's fault. LOL

I'm sure in your mind they have.
If you're poor and living with your momma, that's Obama's fault. LOL

When Obama's policies play a direct role in killing jobs, gutting entire industries, driving up costs of living, and stagnating wages? Why... Yes. Yes it is.

When Obama's policies play a direct role in killing jobs, gutting entire industries, driving up costs of living, and stagnating wages? Why... Yes. Yes it is.

And which industries would that be? Coal mining companies dumping their waste into a river? What cost of living increases did he force upon you? To have health insurance that does not screw you? What stagnating wages did Obama force upon you that a corporation was not responsible for while their executives made out like bandits at your expense? I find these types of posts to be something out of a Rush or Hannity hour script, its all just so much blathering nonsense.

And which industries would that be? Coal mining companies

Among others... Defense especially.

dumping their waste into a river?

Easy to talk in "virtuous" platitudes when its not your living wage, or regional prosperity, on the line.

Also, source?

What cost of living increases did he force upon you?

Household income plummeted under Obama, especially when adjusted for inflation.

For those who can't do math: Everything got more expensive, while the income available to the average person decreased.

1604086044109.png

Cost To have health insurance that does not screw you?

:ROFLMAO:

What in the Hell are you even talking about? All Obama accomplished was to increase the price for the same services.

Rates for private insurance literally doubled in some states as a result of Obamacare.

What stagnating wages did Obama force upon you that a corporation was not responsible for while their executives made out like bandits at your expense?

Corporations that don't make money themselves, pay their workers less, and hire less. This is basic economics. :rolleyes:

Did you not notice how wages began to go up once again, even compared against inflation, after Trump's tax cuts?

Among others... Defense especially.

Easy to talk in "virtuous" platitudes when its not your living wage, or regional prosperity, on the line.

Also, source?

Household income plummeted under Obama, especially when adjusted for inflation.

For those who can't do math: Everything got more expensive, while the income available to the average person decreased.

View attachment 67302128

:ROFLMAO:

What in the Hell are you even talking about? All Obama accomplished was to increase the price for the same services.

Rates for private insurance literally doubled in some states as a result of Obamacare.

Corporations that don't make money themselves, pay their workers less, and hire less. This is basic economics. :rolleyes:

Did you not notice how wages began to go up once again, even compared against inflation, after Trump's tax cuts?
[/QUOTE]

Who is Political Calculations and who is the Author? The authors calculations are part of the curves. If you think health insurance was better before the ACA then we are dealing in two separate realities, good luck with your fantasy island. Recent regulations prohibiting coal mines from dumping into streams were reversed by Trump, look it up, it wont be on brietbart. As for the defense industry, lets shift to something else for people to do, how about something nice and healthy for a change? Making bombs and death machines is not exactly my cup of tea.

Who is Political Calculations and who is the Author?

Median Household Income in September 2020

It frankly doesn't really matter. They're sourcing the US Government's own estimates.

Unless you can prove otherwise, its legit.

If you think health insurance was better before the ACA then we are dealing in two separate realities, good luck with your fantasy island.

Dude... For the vaaaassst majority of the nation's population, its exactly the same (or worse), just more expensive. 2 million people got (over-priced, sub-par) coverage, and tens of millions more got shafted with substantially more expensive monthly premiums as a result... Explicitly at a time when most people were making less money, and therefore less able to pay.

Ironically, all the "Affordable Care Act" accomplished was to make healthcare less affordable for most people.

INDIVIDUAL MARKET PREMIUM CHANGES: 2013 – 2017

1604087618924.png

1604087753068.png

Recent regulations prohibiting coal mines from dumping into streams were reversed by Trump, look it up, it wont be on brietbart.

That's going to require a source.

As for the defense industry, lets shift to something else for people to do, how about something nice and healthy for a change? Making bombs and death machines is not exactly my cup of tea.

Ahhh... But who's going to protect the country from those scary Russian bots you're all shitting yourselves over? :rolleyes:

I think I'll try and keep my job, and continue to feed my children, and pay my mortgage, until that "something else" actually materializes, thanks. Under the Obama Administration, it never really did.

Last edited:
So Trump loses in a humiliating defeat. The republicans go back to being republicans and vow to never nominate a Trump like character again.

What happens to Trump's deplorables? Those less-than-college educated, whites who are afraid of minorities?
This is the most ignorant, bigoted OP I have ever seen.

The “deplorables” are at minimum 45% of our population. If Biden wins, and liberals continue with this kind of elitist, classist attitude, we will make his life hell. Trump is not going to simply disappear, if he loses.

Anyone who gets a “rush” out of pretending that there is more racism in this country than there already is is doing nothing but dividing the nation further.

And I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why some of you think there is nothing wrong with demeaning those who cannot afford a college education, but when someone mispronounces Kamala Harris’s first name the end of the world is coming.

Median Household Income in September 2020

It frankly doesn't really matter. They're sourcing the US Government's own estimates.

Unless you can prove otherwise, its legit.

Dude... For the vaaaassst majority of the nation's population, its exactly the same (or worse), just more expensive. 2 million people got (over-priced, sub-par) coverage, and tens of millions more got shafted with substantially more expensive monthly premiums as a result... Explicitly at a time when most people were making less money, and therefore less able to pay.

Ironically, all the "Affordable Care Act" accomplished was to make healthcare less affordable for most people.

INDIVIDUAL MARKET PREMIUM CHANGES: 2013 – 2017

View attachment 67302129
View attachment 67302130

That's going to require a source.

Ahhh... But who's going to protect the country from those scary Russian bots you're all shitting yourselves over? :rolleyes:

I think I'll try and keep my job, and continue to feed my children, and pay my mortgage, until that "something else" actually materializes, thanks. Under the Obama Administration, it never really did.

Most of those did not actively support the ACA and the Medicaid component. Health care costs have been increasing every year for decades, the ACA was meant to be a first step in a long process. Unfortunately, the GOP had no desire to help us out so here we are, stuck with a President who could care less about your health care, a GOP Congress that has no desire to ever enact universal health care and a Supreme Court that loves their policies but thumbs their noses at our policies. As for your graph, you can find one to support any bias imaginable, look to the source, look at the numbers and then you can throw it out as a trusted source. Until then, it looks like more right wing agitprop to me.

If enough deluded rubes actually elect Biden, sometime during the dark winter of Joe's self induced economic depression, people will realize they've been deceived. The Republicans will run another populist candidate and win hands down, thus beginning to long road to recovery.
This will be the end of the long history of lying, crooked politicians like Joe in the USA.

Most of those did not actively support the ACA and the Medicaid component. Health care costs have been increasing every year for decades, the ACA was meant to be a first step in a long process. Unfortunately, the GOP had no desire to help us out so here we are, stuck with a President who could care less about your health care, a GOP Congress that has no desire to ever enact universal health care and a Supreme Court that loves their policies but thumbs their noses at our policies. As for your graph, you can find one to support any bias imaginable, look to the source, look at the numbers and then you can throw it out as a trusted source. Until then, it looks like more right wing agitprop to me.

The numbers provided by the first source are accurate, according to other sources..

Household Income by Year: Average, Median, One Percent (and a Percentile Calculator)

1604088987202.png

Either way, there is no real evidence to suggest that Obama made life better for the average American. At best, he basically "treaded water." At worst, his policies actively made life harder.

I don't think its any coincidence that this was basically the country's damn theme song Obama's last year in office. The Obama years weren't exactly "fun" for the vast majority of people. Just sayin'...

If enough deluded rubes actually elect Biden, sometime during the dark winter of Joe's self induced economic depression, people will realize they've been deceived. The Republicans will run another populist candidate and win hands down, thus beginning to long road to recovery.
This will be the end of the long history of lying, crooked politicians like Joe in the USA.

Media will just lie about it, like they spent the entire Obama Administration doing. And gullible idiots and partisan hacks will lap it up, just like they did before.

"Hark! Believe not thine lying eyes! Thou hasn't not problems, but abundant blessings!!"

Ya know... While everyone's broke and unemployed, wasting away in cities, towns, and neighborhoods which are slowly but surely going to pot. :rolleyes:

More like trump has ruined republican chances at winning the presidency for at least a decade.

The numbers provided by the first source are accurate, according to other sources..

Household Income by Year: Average, Median, One Percent (and a Percentile Calculator)

View attachment 67302136

Either way, there is no real evidence to suggest that Obama made life better for the average American. At best, he basically "treaded water." At worst, his policies actively made life harder.

I don't think its any coincidence that this was basically the country's damn theme song Obama's last year in office. The Obama years weren't exactly "fun" for the vast majority of people. Just sayin'...

Not surprising given he walked into a potential depression. Why don't you ever give him credit for stepping in and avoiding a depression? If you think the nation is better off under Trump after the last 6-8 months then there is no reasoning with you. cya.

Not surprising given he walked into a potential depression. Why don't you ever give him credit for stepping in and avoiding a depression? If you think the nation is better off under Trump after the last 6-8 months then there is no reasoning with you. cya.

I think COVID falls within "act of God" territory, quite frankly.

Has Trump's response been perfect? No. Do I think Hillary would have done any better? Hell no.

We're doing about as well as can be expected given the circumstances. When COVID stops being a major issue (hopefully within the next few months), the lockdowns end, and vaccines begin to be produced en masse, the economy should get back up to its previous speed, or better, within short order.

It's already begun, actually. The US economy just experienced 33% GDP growth (a new record) in the 3rd Quarter of this year.

U.S. Economy Recovered Significant Ground in Record Third-Quarter GDP Rebound

The only thing that might kill it? Electing some bubbling, Far Left, whack-a-doo, who plans to re-impose lockdowns, raise taxes, and re-impose Obama-era regulations while expanding entitlements.

I think COVID falls within "act of God" territory, quite frankly.

Has Trump's response been perfect? No. Do I think Hillary would have done any better? Hell no.

We're doing about as well as can be expected given the circumstances. When COVID stops being a major issue (hopefully within the next few months), the lockdowns end, and vaccines begin to be produced en masse, the economy should get back up to its previous speed, or better, within short order.

It's already begun, actually. The US economy just experienced 33% GDP growth (a new record) in the 3rd Quarter of this year.

U.S. Economy Recovered Significant Ground in Record Third-Quarter GDP Rebound

The only thing that might kill it? Electing some bubbling, Far Left, whack-a-doo, who plans to re-impose lockdowns, raise taxes, and re-impose Obama-era regulations while expanding entitlements.

Force majeur only applies to natural events not events that man could have managed to limit the impact. Was polio an act of God until Salk? How about the black plague until we discovered germ theory? Sorry, Trump completely mishandled it because he is an idiot.

You guys are not free, you are controlled in a 'gerrymandering programs"... and Fed Fear Drama on a High Frequency 24/7 cycle of Right Wing Media..... taught to worth the wealthy and submit to self defeat by every means that can be created... and you blindly follow along, like a devoted cult, drinking the cool aid for breakfast, lunch and dinner.....

Hilarious. The left talking about this is like a heroine addict telling you that YOU have a problem. Oh, and the party that is now joined at the hip to the corporate elites is the Democrats. There's a reason every mega-monopoly is all in for Biden. They want to get back to business as usual with China. IOW, making lots of money at the expense of American workers and American security.

Force majeur only applies to natural events not events that man could have managed to limit the impact. Was polio an act of God until Salk? How about the black plague until we discovered germ theory? Sorry, Trump completely mishandled it because he is an idiot.

If this were the case, then surely one of the various nations that implemented the sorts of policies you advocate would have been successful in eliminating the virus by now, correct?

Yeah... 'Fraid not. (From Early October 2020)

1604164746037.png

If this were the case, then surely one of the various nations that implemented the sorts of policies you advocate would have been successful in eliminating the virus by now, correct?

Yeah... 'Fraid not. (From Early October 2020)

View attachment 67302281

We live in a very selfish world these days. People are unwilling to sacrifice like they would have 30 or 40 years ago. Social media spreads disinformation faster than the virus spreads. It's optimistic to think we could have had control over the pandemic by now. We certainly could have had much lower numbers especially heading into the winter months. Trump supporters believe every word Trump says. Imagine where we would be if he would have said "Wear your damn mask, stay away from each other, don't gather in groups and we will get through this without having anymore lock downs".

We live in a very selfish world these days. People are unwilling to sacrifice like they would have 30 or 40 years ago. Social media spreads disinformation faster than the virus spreads. It's optimistic to think we could have had control over the pandemic by now. We certainly could have had much lower numbers especially heading into the winter months. Trump supporters believe every word Trump says. Imagine where we would be if he would have said "Wear your damn mask, stay away from each other, don't gather in groups and we will get through this without having anymore lock downs".

Quite frankly, I think you over-estimate Trump's actual influence. Most people who don't want to wear masks feel that way because it is a pain. It was especially so in the warmer weather we had a few months ago.

Even I, a young, reasonably fit, and healthy young man in his early 30s, gets a bit winded, from time to time, walking around with a mask on. My parents, in their late 50s, with various health problems, get winded just walking up a flight of stairs, without masks. How keen do you think someone like that is to wear a face covering when its 100 degrees outside, with 90% humidity?

I honestly don't think it makes much of a difference either way. Again... Europe did all the things you guys are saying Trump should have done. In the end, it seems to have made little actual difference. Their infection rates are about the same as our's, and their total number of deaths is about the same as our's.

At this point, it seems that the only thing that actually going to stop COVID is either "herd immunity," or a vaccine.

Trump has been countering against anything and everything that builds unity. From The Seat of the Presidency he attacks Democrats like he is a Foreign Power attacking the majority of a nation's people. He embraced Racism as much as Hitler embraced his Anti Jewish Promotions. The parallels are there and visible to the majority of the nation, and it is also visible by foreign nations, many who no long have a sense of trust in America. The sad thing among all this is, Foreign Nations hold us accountable for 'allowing the likes of Trump and Republicanism To Exist and Do Such Damage"

The World is moving on, but what fuels the unrest that is rising around the world is promoted by people with Dogmatic Mentality and Right Wing Anti Governance mentality that promotes Racism and Ethnicity Bias. Trump has gone further to promote Religion As A Point of Conflict, because he knows it plays on the core of people's want to embrace God... and he contorts it to make it a competitively aggressive attack mechanism.

Quite frankly, I think you over-estimate Trump's actual influence. Most people who don't want to wear masks feel that way because it is a pain. It was especially so in the warmer weather we had a few months ago.

Even I, a young, reasonably fit, and healthy young man in his early 30s, gets a bit winded, from time to time, walking around with a mask on. My parents, in their late 50s, with various health problems, get winded just walking up a flight of stairs, without masks. How keen do you think someone like that is to wear a face covering when its 100 degrees outside, with 90% humidity?

I honestly don't think it makes much of a difference either way. Again... Europe did all the things you guys are saying Trump should have done. In the end, it seems to have made little actual difference. Their infection rates are about the same as our's, and their total number of deaths is about the same as our's.

At this point, it seems that the only thing that actually going to stop COVID is either "herd immunity," or a vaccine.

It's not a matter of opinion anymore. Masks work at minimizing the spread of the virus.

You're correct that it's gonna take herd immunity to stop C19. This will be done with a vaccine along with whatever immunity is already built up. We will see how long immunity actually lasts as more data comes in. What we can do in the meantime is limit the amount of deaths that will occur before that time. This doesn't mean we have to lock down. We just need to do the basics.

So Trump loses in a humiliating defeat. The republicans go back to being republicans and vow to never nominate a Trump like character again.

What happens to Trump's deplorables? Those less-than-college educated, whites who are afraid of minorities?
another trump is inevitable with the rise of populism

Back
Top Bottom