• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What happened while you're talking about TM and Zimm

Rainman05

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is the really important stuff that happened in the last few days. While you were oogling at the stupidity of the TM and Zimm trial, cataloguing it by day to day basis, putting up videos and going on analyzing every single stupid stuff said by all manner of people, Bradley Manning had his trial.

You know, Bradley Manning? One of the infamous whistleblowers. Bradley Manning, who was kept in solitary confinement and put on suicide watchlist in a prison in Kuwait, where he was probably tortured (solitary confinement is also torture, but I am talking about extra to that). Why? Because he released some information to wikileaks that concerned the military program "collateral murder" or whatever it was called.

http://mashable.com/2013/07/10/bradley-manning-trial-defense-rest/

4 days ago, the defense for Bradley Manning rested.

Who cared? I mean, surely, the fate of some nobody who killed another nobody in what is now considered self-defense is far more important than how the government reacts and the length it will go to in order to cover up massive ****-ups.

I shall make another thread to further go into this.
I decided to put this here to re-affirm what I stated in the "If I would be a politician" thread I made earlier, link below

http://www.debatepolitics.com/general-political-discussion/166413-if-would-politician.html

So yeah.

When you said solitary confinement is torture, the thread lost any chance of being credible.

When you said solitary confinement is torture, the thread lost any chance of being credible.

Really? Ok.
I guess talking about a stupid case all day makes you have a great deal of credibility.

This is the really important stuff that happened in the last few days. While you were oogling at the stupidity of the TM and Zimm trial, cataloguing it by day to day basis, putting up videos and going on analyzing every single stupid stuff said by all manner of people, Bradley Manning had his trial.

You know, Bradley Manning? One of the infamous whistleblowers. Bradley Manning, who was kept in solitary confinement and put on suicide watchlist in a prison in Kuwait, where he was probably tortured (solitary confinement is also torture, but I am talking about extra to that). Why? Because he released some information to wikileaks that concerned the military program "collateral murder" or whatever it was called.

Who cared? I mean, surely, the fate of some nobody who killed another nobody in what is now considered self-defense is far more important than how the government reacts and the length it will go to in order to cover up massive ****-ups.

I decided to put this here to re-affirm what I stated in the "If I would be a politician" thread I made earlier, link below

http://www.debatepolitics.com/general-political-discussion/166413-if-would-politician.html

So yeah.

Government secrets are a necessary evil for national security. I'm sure that he signed confidentially clauses, which means when he released information that he was not authorized to release, he was tagged as a traitor. I have no problem with that.

Government secrets are a necessary evil for national security. I'm sure that he signed confidentially clauses, which means when he released information that he was not authorized to release, he was tagged as a traitor. I have no problem with that.

The point here isn't that he is or isn't a traitor.

I made a thread for that here

http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaking-news-non-msm/166466-defense-rests-bradley-manning-trial.html

This is just to show that all people who took an interest in this case are lemmings and should feel ashamed of themselves. And that goes for all people who took it seriously and got invested in it a bit, regardless on which side.

Even more than that, before he received his classified status he took classes and training where they clearly laid out for him what could happen to him if he squeals. He will be making little rocks from bigger ones for many years to come.

Even more than that, before he received his classified status he took classes and training where they clearly laid out for him what could happen to him if he squeals. He will be making little rocks from bigger ones for many years to come.

Oh, I'm sure he was quite aware of just what he was doing and just what the consequences would be. Of course if there were any torture going on, I would be against that, but there is no evidence of him being tortured that I have seen.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaking-news-non-msm/166466-defense-rests-bradley-manning-trial.html

This is just to show that all people who took an interest in this case are lemmings and should feel ashamed of themselves. And that goes for all people who took it seriously and got invested in it a bit, regardless on which side.

That's the nature of the beast. You can't control what interests people and what doesn't at any given moment. At this moment is the Zimmerman trial. Next week, it could be this. Who knows with people? They are very fickle. Of course you're free to complain about it though! :mrgreen:

It is torture. Try it for a few days and see for yourself.

Lemmings here, there and everywhere. Same could be said about this as well.

So yeah.

Excellent point. This case NEVER had an basis for meriting national coverage. The Martin-Zimmerman case was never rightly anything more than local news. The Manning trial is what was the national news worthy story.

Last edited:
It is torture. Try it for a few days and see for yourself.

Agreed. In the book about the French penal colony Devil's Island, the author who escaped from it explained that solitary confinement was more feared that being beaten, whipped, raped or any other physical abuse.

Anyone who doesn't understand that solitary confinement is torture, go empty out your walkin closet except for food, water and a camping toilet - and see how long you can stand it.

I read a curious article about a company the made the quietest room in the world - that absorbs all sound. What was interesting is that no person could stand staying in it for even 1 hour. They hear their heart beating, blood flowing, lungs breathing - and total devoid of anything else.

Humans are social creatures, nor can we just turn off our brains either. Being put into isolation in a small place is particularly torturous.

Back
Top Bottom