• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What happened to the good guys: Red Sox Note

Cougar

Reaction score
First off.. let me say I am a Yankee fan.. but not a typical in your face fan that you would find in any major city.

Has anyone else noticed the good guy, 'one for all -all for one' image slowing washing away from the face of Boston baseball. Rigth away there was a fight over the last game ball, off season A-Rod bashing (from lesser players if I might add)... and now we have in-fighting over the closer role and complaints about playing time.

What ever happened to the guys, who not 10 months ago, had said they would do anything for this team to win... and win a WS at that. Has winning gone to their head?

I hate the Red Sox and I hate MA (although if you take out the people I would live there again) but I respect the hell out of them. They reminded me of a college , bad news bears team I played on. Alleged drinking in the locker room, Millar crazy as $hit.. they were fun to watch and were good-real good.

Maybe it's just me but it seems these guys aren't that likeable anymore. Their ego's are coming to the fore-front and in my opinion it is tainting their image. No longer can Boston play the 'poor - under dog role'... so they have to start playing with class and respect....

I sure hope the Yankees make the playoffs..... b/c october isn't october with out a Yankees/Sox battle.. no matter who wins or loses... hands down the best series in baseball

galenrox said:
Cubs v White Sox is better. I'm waiting for that world series!

Anywho, it's rare in baseball to have a team that just cares about the team. The cubs had that in 2003, and we've got that now, and the Yankees haven't had that since ever.
I disagree, if you watch the right moments in Yankee play, you'll see the whole team rallying behind a Giambi comeback, cheering an injured Matsui homerun, backing off to let Jeeter shine, and so on, they are as much a team as any other, and maybe even closer since they all have the common goal of returning to the glory of only about 5 years past. They are definitely a close-knit team, don't let the paychecks fool you.
p.s.- A White Sox, Cubs run would definitely be killer, and one I would gladly watch.

I've got to say this, two years ago I wanted to see a Boston/Cubs World series because of the morbid curiosity of which "cursed" team would win, but the behavior of the Red Sox during that ALCS appalled me and made me cheer loudly when Aaron Boon humiliated that POS team with "THE" homerun. I don't think this particular Boston lineup is worth 30 cents, much less the second highest payroll in baseball and believe they are overpaid and overrated. To me, they are a bunch of undignified, spoiled, crybaby players and absolutely let ONE world series win go to their heads, on a side note, the Cardinals should have easily beat those second class players and sent every last one of them back to the minor leagues. A couple of examples of this particular collapse and why I knew it was coming;
1) Inconsistent hitting - all players seem to step up only when it matters, the rest of the season they dog it.
2) Poor fielding - anytime the pitching fails and ground ball becomes a factor, the R.Sox lose, because they are severely lacking in fundamental play, at least from a fielding standpoint.
3) Bad behavior - Anytime you see their "big name" players like Ortiz or Damon get struck out or tagged out, they argue with the umpire and use crybaby tactics, they pitch a fit all the way to the dugout.
4) They are on track to become the record breakers for most on-field fights per season and possibly even most players ejected per season.
All of this spells out Prima Donna syndrome which leads to major problems down the line, the funny thing is, one world series win in 86 years and they are already showing signs of letting it go to their heads, sad really.

LMR - I actually agree, hence the original thread. I don't know why this is happening all of a sudden... $hitty attitude for $hitty fans (not all but most).

I too would love a CWS/CHC world series... all these story lines during the year help keep the long season interesting. I had hoped the Cubbies would finally get some pitching from a healthy, Prior/Woods... you guys are cursed for sure.

Cougar said:
I sure hope the Yankees make the playoffs..... b/c october isn't october with out a Yankees/Sox battle.. no matter who wins or loses... hands down the best series in baseball

As a native New Englander and Red Sox fan, I HATE the Yankees. But, you have to admit, it would be hard to find two consecutive ALCS that would top the last two, that's for sure.

ludahai said:
As a native New Englander and Red Sox fan, I HATE the Yankees. But, you have to admit, it would be hard to find two consecutive ALCS that would top the last two, that's for sure.
You're absolutely right, the last two ALCS runs were classics, alot of drama and some dissapointments, but classics none the less.

galenrox said:
How about this to top the last two ALCS: Cubs v White sox world series!!! Following a Cubs v. Cards NLCS!!! Cubs in 4 BITCHES!!!
That's my wet dream.
I think that a Cubs W.Sox World Series would be incredible! But the Cubs have to really pull it together right now for that to happen. No matter how this season ends though, it's been one of the best in years and even though my Yankees are gonna give me a heart attack this season, with all of the underdogs doing so well this year, it's been great for baseball, which is all that really matters.

galenrox said:
I told you dude, it's the eye of the hurricane, and the Cubs storm is blowing in!
After watching the Cubs today, I don't argue that they could pull a mid-season miracle out.

ludahai said:
The Red Sox bats today were as potent as the typhoon that is coming our way. SEVENTEEN runs against the Damn Yankees.
Anyone can hit against a minor league pitcher called up by a desperate team. BTW, the Yankees knocked them out of first place last night, and Al Leiter is in line to make it a 3 for four series in New York's favor.

With "Flash" Gordon looking to finish the win up right.....

Crap, Gordon fell apart and Rivera has to finish it.
Boston ruins a great sports related joke.

I hope Boston fans enjoyed that little 17-1 win Friday, because the Yanks just took 3 of four, brought it within .5 of a game lead by Boston, humiliated Wakefield, Timlin, Schilling, and Arroyo, plus the fielding of the Sox, AAAANDDD above all else, proved the season aint over yet.
BTW, on a side note, how's that slump going?

LaMidRighter said:
Anyone can hit against a minor league pitcher called up by a desperate team. BTW, the Yankees knocked them out of first place last night, and Al Leiter is in line to make it a 3 for four series in New York's favor.
My mistake, Boston is still hanging on to first by a thread.

ludahai said:
1.5 game lead with six of the next ten games against the Devil Rays. Tampa Bay is good for whatever ails you.
That's what the Yankees and Toronto thought this season, if Boston doesn't take them seriously(which is kinda hard to do admittedly) it will be Yankees and Orioles in first and second in some order. I think it's a .5 game lead, that's what one of the sports guys was saying last night anyway.

Back
Top Bottom