• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Happened to so-called "The Caravan"?

Like I said, you only prove my point. Trump is a piece of **** who only used the caravan as political bull**** for the midterms and now that the midterms are over, he doesn't give a **** about the caravan. Thank you for proving what a piece of **** Trump really is.

exactly! if that piece of **** Trump decided to talk more about it then the press would report it. its obvious they hang on his every word and have absolutely no political agenda at all.

and there's so much he could say about the caravan now,like giving more orders to the armed forces people he sent there, or talking about the background of each person in the caravan(the CIA could get background info). he could keep this issue ALIVE if he wanted to, that piece of ****! **** Trump!

FoxNews....

Wow.

One whole network.

My statement:

"Trump doesn't control the press."

Doesn't the press include CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, Etc... The Washington Post, the New York Times, Reuters, AP, UP, etc.?

Now I know some folks believes FoxNews has some sort of superpowers... But I am not one of them.

I stand by me statement.... Trump doesn't control the press.

LOL, you stand by your comment because of your blind obsequience toward Trump, not because you actually made a valid argument.

Trump is POTUS. Whatever ANY POTUS does, good or bad, dictates the political news cycle on most (if not all) days. This POTUS was giving 2-3 campaign speeches per day on behalf of republican candidates (most of whom LOST) for the last 4-6 weeks of the campaign. Every one of his speeches focused on fake Caravan hysteria. The news media covers whatever the POTUS says or does. When the POTUS screams about a "National Emergency" 3 times a day, it dominates the news cycle. The meant that ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, FNC, etc.....were going to cover it.

News flash for you: That's how things work in American politics. The POTUS has the bully pulpit.

The difference between FNC and the legitimate news outlets was that they also used their primetime opinion shows to hype up the fake stories/conspiracy theories about the Caravan.

LOL, you stand by your comment because of your blind obsequience toward Trump, not because you actually made a valid argument.

I stand by my statement because it is true.

Trump doesn't control the press.

I gave examples of press he does not control.

Trump is POTUS. Whatever ANY POTUS does, good or bad, dictates the political news cycle on most (if not all) days. This POTUS was giving 2-3 campaign speeches per day on behalf of republican candidates (most of whom LOST) for the last 4-6 weeks of the campaign. Every one of his speeches focused on fake Caravan hysteria. The news media covers whatever the POTUS says or does. When the POTUS screams about a "National Emergency" 3 times a day, it dominates the news cycle. The meant that ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, FNC, etc.....were going to cover it.

Being reported on =/= Control the press....

Each and every news outlet is FREE to report or not report on what the White House does. And they do pick and choose what they cover and how they editorialize it.

News flash for you: That's how things work in American politics. The POTUS has the bully pulpit.

News flash... Each and every news outlet is FREE to report or not report on what the White House does. And they do pick and choose what they cover and how they editorialize it.

The difference between FNC and the legitimate news outlets was that they also used their primetime opinion shows to hype up the fake stories/conspiracy theories about the Caravan.

FoxNews is a legitimate news outlet. It simply reports the news from a lean you do not like.

And in a heartbeat you spin from the caravan to firing off on Trump and the "illegal and heartless" attitudes.... And you can't understand the anti-trump atmosphere and the reporting prior to the elections? You just demonstrate how the caravan benefitted the anti-Trumpers... The stories served to keep the blood boiling.

I don't understand, thought I stayed on the topic of the caravan, just pointed out that Trump used the caravan disgracefully, in my opinion, to boost his party's chances in the election. How does the caravan benefit anti-Trumpers? It is a tragedy, one that Trump could have used to change his image a bit towards one who learned about the region, the motivations of those who have fled Honduras and other countries, and US obligations towards both defending the border and respecting the rights of refugees. Instead, he retreated to his default position, lying, dividing and scapegoating.

I don't understand, thought I stayed on the topic of the caravan, just pointed out that Trump used the caravan disgracefully, in my opinion, to boost his party's chances in the election. How does the caravan benefit anti-Trumpers? It is a tragedy, one that Trump could have used to change his image a bit towards one who learned about the region, the motivations of those who have fled Honduras and other countries, and US obligations towards both defending the border and respecting the rights of refugees. Instead, he retreated to his default position, lying, dividing and scapegoating.

And I simply stated the opposition did so as well with the majority of the press assisting them.

I stand by my statement because it is true.

Strawman. Your response is to a question/comment that no one has ever asserted. No one ever claimed that Trump "controlled the press". The simple fact of the matter is that the "National Emergency" that he spoke about multiple times a day...for 6 consecutive weeks leading up to election day....has not ONCE been mentioned by him (or his administration) since election day. It's pretty much self-explanatory. Most people can see that.

Each and every news outlet is FREE to report or not report on what the White House does. And they do pick and choose what they cover and how they editorialize it.

And they are all noting how Trump's "National Emergency" bloviating has quietly and completely ceased....and that ALL of his hysterical allegations (i.e.small pox, MS-13, Soros, etc. etc.) were just boldfaced lies. Again, only the blind Trump acolytes among us fail to understand. That you seriously believe the "media" is the problem speaks volumes about your state of mind. The bottom line here is that the entire Caravan "crisis" was a hoax created by Trump, with the help of FoxNews (and prominent right wing fake-news sites and pundits) that ONLY people like you believed. And now, you're all passing the buck, just like you've been brainwashed to do.

FoxNews is a legitimate news outlet. It simply reports the news from a lean you do not like

Those two sentences are inconguent. FoxNews is not a legitimate news outlet. It's a propaganda outlet...essentially the media wing of the Trump/Republican Party. It is no coincidence that studies have consistently demonstrated that FoxNews viewers consistently score lower on current events and basic American history questionaires than ANY other faction of the public....including those who don't watch ANY news at all.

Strawman. Your response is to a question/comment that no one has ever asserted. No one ever claimed that Trump "controlled the press". The simple fact of the matter is that the "National Emergency" that he spoke about multiple times a day...for 6 consecutive weeks leading up to election day....has not ONCE been mentioned by him (or his administration) since election day. It's pretty much self-explanatory. Most people can see that.

Now my point is a "strawman"?

Pathetic.

And they are all noting how Trump's "National Emergency" bloviating has quietly and completely ceased....and that ALL of his hysterical allegations (i.e.small pox, MS-13, Soros, etc. etc.) were just boldfaced lies. Again, only the blind Trump acolytes among us fail to understand. That you seriously believe the "media" is the problem speaks volumes about your state of mind. The bottom line here is that the entire Caravan "crisis" was a hoax created by Trump, with the help of FoxNews (and prominent right wing fake-news sites and pundits) that ONLY people like you believed. And now, you're all passing the buck, just like you've been brainwashed to do.

Trump still doesn't control the press.

Those two sentences are inconguent. FoxNews is not a legitimate news outlet. It's a propaganda outlet...essentially the media wing of the Trump/Republican Party. It is no coincidence that studies have consistently demonstrated that FoxNews viewers consistently score lower on current events and basic American history questionaires than ANY other faction of the public....including those who don't watch ANY news at all.

You opinion of FoxNews is noted. It is just as legitimate as CNN, MSNBC, etc.

Back
Top Bottom