• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What happened to follow the science?

Simpletruther

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Blue states rolling back mask mandates despite continued mask recommendations.

Not to mention nothing has really changed, the daily death rate is higher now than three months ago.

Not to mention nothing has really changed, the daily death rate is higher now than three months ago.

The daily death rate is overwhelmingly among the unvaxxed. Maybe people are getting tired of trying to save the lives of people who kill themselves to own the libs?

And...ps...they are following the science.

But leave it to Trumpists who relentlessly throw the dumbest CTs against the wall about the *real* reason every last COVID restriction was in place to try to use easing off restrictions as an attack.

Few things are more Trumpist than insisting we do the dumbest thing possible first, and when other people fix it, claim the fact that other people fixed it means you were right in the first place.

What is your idea to get the idiot anti-vaxxers to get vaxxed, masked, and boosted? Biden tried a vaccine mandate that has legal precedent but the conservative court ruled against him. Maybe we should quarantine the idiots and let them infect each other and speed up the willful thinning of the herd. I think that if there is a need for an ICU bed between someone who is vaxxed and someone who isn't that the vaxxed person gets the bed and tells the unvaxxed idiots to go home. Public insurance such as Medicare and Medicaid should only pay half of the COVID19 treatment for people who still refuse to get vaxxed and boosted. Maybe those incentives should be enough for them to get vaxxed/boosted.

I'm vaxxed/boosted and I still wear a surgical mask in public areas.

Basically, people are tired of protecting anti-vaxxers and are no longer willing to go above-and-beyond to cover for them. Many, myself included, have stopped caring whether they die of COVID as a result of us breathing near them while unmasked. Indeed, their deaths might represent a net positive for our nation: we can replace them with people more committed to the greater good. Everyone wins.

Basically, people are tired of protecting anti-vaxxers and are no longer willing to go above-and-beyond to cover for them. Many, myself included, have stopped caring whether they die of COVID as a result of us breathing near them while unmasked. Indeed, their deaths might represent a net positive for our nation: we can replace them with people more committed to the greater good. Everyone wins.
Ah but you are forgetting those poor souls who can't get vaccinated form health reasons that is brought up against anti vaxxers. Why are you willing to murder those people just because the unvaccinated bother you?

This is really pathetic. It's basically saying you hate the unvaxxed so much you are going to act like them.

What is your idea to get the idiot anti-vaxxers to get vaxxed, masked, and boosted? Biden tried a vaccine mandate that has legal precedent but the conservative court ruled against him. Maybe we should quarantine the idiots and let them infect each other and speed up the willful thinning of the herd. I think that if there is a need for an ICU bed between someone who is vaxxed and someone who isn't that the vaxxed person gets the bed and tells the unvaxxed idiots to go home. Public insurance such as Medicare and Medicaid should only pay half of the COVID19 treatment for people who still refuse to get vaxxed and boosted. Maybe those incentives should be enough for them to get vaxxed/boosted.

I'm vaxxed/boosted and I still wear a surgical mask in public areas.
Why is your tribe begging to ignore the science?

Ah but you are forgetting those poor souls who can't get vaccinated form health reasons that is brought up against anti vaxxers. Why are you willing to murder those people just because the unvaccinated bother you?

This is really pathetic. It's basically saying you hate the unvaxxed so much you are going to act like them.
Incorrect. I expect people who cannot take the vaccine to take extraordinary measures to protect themselves. I have an aunt who is in this category and she goes above and beyond to protect herself so that she does not burden society as a result of her circumstances. That's pride and patriotism manifest.

Likewise, I expect that if anti-vaxxers don't want the vaccine and don't want to get sick, they're going to multi-mask and minimize interactions / risk as much as possible. If they're not willing to put in the hard work because they're lazy or it's an inconvenience, well, hopefully they live near me and had some cool stuff I can get at the estate sale.

Again, win-win.

Incorrect. I expect people who cannot take the vaccine to take extraordinary measures to protect themselves. I have an aunt who is in this category and she goes above and beyond to protect herself so that she does not burden society as a result of her circumstances. That's pride and patriotism manifest.

Likewise, I expect that if anti-vaxxers don't want the vaccine and don't want to get sick, they're going to multi-mask and minimize interactions / risk as much as possible. If they're not willing to put in the hard work because they're lazy or it's an inconvenience, well, hopefully they live near me and had some cool stuff I can get at the estate sale.

Again, win-win.
Then why do you care so much that people don't get vaccinated? Why does it bother you? You have your protection so why not live and let live and let others do what they feel is best for them?

Then why do you care so much that people don't get vaccinated? Why does it bother you? You have your protection so why not live and let live and let others do what they feel is best for them?
I actually don't care whether people get vaccinated. I got vaccinated and most of my loved ones did. We're protected. The unvaccinated are at worst an irritant and at best a source of property sold on liquidation if they die. So long as hospitals practice proper triage and not allow the care of vaccinated patients to be negatively affected by the decisions of the unvaccinated, I really don't think much about whether they live or die.

I do hope, however, that if they die, that they are near me so I can get cheap cool stuff at estate sales.

I actually don't care whether people get vaccinated. I got vaccinated and all of my loved ones did. We're all protected. The unvaccinated are at worst an irritant and at best a source of property sold on liquidation if they die. So long as hospitals practice proper triage and not allow the care of vaccinated patients to be negatively affected by the decisions of the unvaccinated, I really don't think much about whether they live or die.

I do hope, however, that if they die, that they are near me so I can get cheap cool stuff at estate sales.
Yea you don't care because you want them to die.

I was asking why? What are they doing to you? Why do you hate them so much?

Do you also want anti flue vaxxers to die as well?

Stop lying. It's a bad look when you keep doing it. I never said I want them to die. I said that if they die, I hope they live near me so I can get their stuff.
I was asking why? What are they doing to you? Why do you have them so much?
Ignored since you couldn't read and understand what I wrote.
If by 'flue' you mean 'flu' then no, I don't want them to die any more than I want the anti-vaxxers to die. But, if they die as a result of bad decisions, I hope they too live near me so I can get cheap, cool stuff that they don't need any more.

Politics happened, and all the ignorance that comes with it sometimes........

The science is still there for those with intelligence to use = get vaxed & boosted, wear the mask in appropriate places

Welp nothing like committing yourself to be just like Trumpers. Lifting mandates is going to backfire for Democrats since indeed we should listen to science, not politics. Sure it gives you a good feeling to think that just those that you hate will die, but the virus does not care about your political lean or the mid-terms. There will be a surge and it will be the fault of the States pretending that it is all over.

But the pandemic is not over and there is a new variant on the rise that is 1.5 times more infectious than Omicron's original version. So you will probably get your wish of more death. Just like the Trumpers wishing Democrats' death in cities, you are a part of the problem. And why the mandates will be back in force soon. Stop wishing Americans die FFS.

It was never about the science or data.
It was all about politics. It always is.
The politicians don't care about the American citizen. They are simply going to oppose the other side and try to maintain their power.

Welp nothing like committing yourself to be just like Trumpers. Lifting mandates is going to backfire for Democrats since indeed we should listen to science, not politics. Sure it gives you a good feeling to think that just those that you hate will die, but the virus does not care about your political lean or the mid-terms. There will be a surge and it will be the fault of the States pretending that it is all over.

But the pandemic is not over and there is a new variant on the rise that is 1.5 times more infectious than Omicron's original version. So you will probably get your wish of more death. Just like the Trumpers wishing Democrats' death in cities, you are a part of the problem. And why the mandates will be back in force soon. Stop wishing Americans die FFS.
You're another one of those posters who doesn't read, eh? I don't hope people will die, I just hope that if they're going to die, it's nearby so I can get dibs on some of their stuff if it's cool. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. They've chosen to roll the dice anyway and what am I supposed to do about it, wear masks for the next 70 years to protect them while they walk around mask-free and unvaccinated? Hell no. If someone wants to jump off a cliff to commit suicide, I do not believe I have a responsibility to stand at the bottom in hopes of cushioning their fall as they land on me. Likewise, if someone wants to skip the vaccine because they think COVID is no big deal or the vaccine is worse, it's not my job to wear a mask around them until the end of time in hopes that I don't get them sick. It's their job to take precautions... or choose not to.

I hope they choose to take precautions. If they don't and get sick and die as a result, I'll hope they had some records because I'm getting into LPs and would like to boost my collection.

As for emerging variants, my position (as stated before) is that if new variants emerge, we react to them as information becomes known.

"Follow the science" carries clout with the general population but is something of a stupid phrase for actual scientists like myself, since an actual scientist would be focused on only one thing: the quantitative threshold / acceptance criteria for when masks etc. become necessary / unnecessary. The CDC thus far hasn't had sufficient spine to establish such criteria but most state public health officials (red and blue alike) have gone ahead and done so, and their criteria is largely rational. Here in the Bay Area, the criteria is metrics-based and rates drop below a threshold, counties are rightfully relaxing requirements.

Your blue states are easing mask restrictions despite continued guidence from health officials.
The people who refuse to wear masks are unvaxxed anyhow. There is no point. Just let the Covidiots kill themselves. Businesses still have the right to demand masks on their property, and I thought that many voters will make their views n known to the politicians who support removing mak mandates in government buildings or activities.

You're another one of those posters who doesn't read, eh? I don't hope people will die, I just hope that if they're going to die, it's nearby so I can get dibs on some of their stuff if it's cool. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. They've chosen to roll the dice anyway and what am I supposed to do about it, wear masks for the next 70 years to protect them while they walk around mask-free and unvaccinated? Hell no. If someone wants to jump off a cliff to commit suicide, I do not believe I have a responsibility to stand at the bottom in hopes of cushioning their fall as they land on me. Likewise, if someone wants to skip the vaccine because they think COVID is no big deal or the vaccine is worse, it's not my job to wear a mask around them until the end of time in hopes that I don't get them sick. It's their job to take precautions... or choose not to.

I hope they choose to take precautions. If they don't and get sick and die as a result, I'll hope they had some records because I'm getting into LPs and would like to boost my collection.

As for emerging variants, my position (as stated before) is that if new variants emerge, we react to them as information becomes known.

"Follow the science" carries clout with the general population but is something of a stupid phrase for actual scientists like myself, since an actual scientist would be focused on only one thing: the quantitative threshold / acceptance criteria for when masks etc. become necessary / unnecessary. The CDC thus far hasn't had sufficient spine to establish such criteria but most state public health officials (red and blue alike) have gone ahead and done so, and their criteria is largely rational. Here in the Bay Area, the criteria is metrics-based and rates drop below a threshold, counties are rightfully relaxing requirements.
Oh great we have a poster who has declared himself a scientist and is above that lowly public. Please dude save the lording to the break room. Meanwhile you not caring about the spread of a known infectious disease that is still killing thousands of Americans is dully noted.

Nothing is over we are still in a pandemic. What will happen is the idiots who are tired of doing what they shouldn't have to be told to do, will spread the virus and the mandates will be back. Just look at the data we,ve done this already.

Oh great we have a poster who has declared himself a scientist and is above that lowly public. Please dude save the lording to the break room. Meanwhile you not caring about the spread of a known infectious disease that is still killing thousands of Americans is dully noted.

Nothing is over we are still in a pandemic. What will happen is the idiots who are tired of doing what they shouldn't have to be told to do, will spread the virus and the mandates will be back. Just look at the data we,ve done this already.
Until you define specific measure acceptance criteria for when restrictions should be lifted, your qualitative, subjective opinions are for all practical purposes meaningless.

If you have numbers to suggest, go ahead, suggest them. Please, give us some targets. How few deaths per week do we need to get down to before mask mandates are dropped? How many hospitalizations per hour? Go on, suggest some targets. You're obviously an authority on the fact that we're still in a pandemic so surely you can describe precisely what criteria need to be met in order for us to exit the pandemic status, yes? What are those criteria? Feel free to reference a link to a CDC website so I can "follow the science."

It became follow the political science

Until you define specific measure acceptance criteria for when restrictions should be lifted, your qualitative, subjective opinions are for all practical purposes meaningless.

If you have numbers to suggest, go ahead, suggest them. Please, give us some targets. How few deaths per week do we need to get down to before mask mandates are dropped? How many hospitalizations per hour? Go on, suggest some targets. You're obviously an authority on the fact that we're still in a pandemic so surely you can describe precisely what criteria need to be met in order for us to exit the pandemic status, yes? What are those criteria? Feel free to reference a link to a CDC website so I can "follow the science."
I am asserting that we are still in a pandemic and that every time that you guys thought that the pandemic was over and stopped caring in return we got a huge surge. And many more deaths and the US leading the world on how bad we've dealt with this shit.

Daily deaths are still around 2,000 a day is that acceptable to you? Apparently so Mr. Scientist you are like the masses of anti-vaxers and their ilk and are just tired of doing what is needed because to hell with it. We got 100,000 new cases today alone which will translate to a lot of dead people. By the time the States figure out oh shit things are going up again its far too late to do anything about the new deaths that you people caused.

The science tells us that it is now perfectly possible for you to protect yourself by getting vaccinated and boosted, wearing a readily available N95 mask 24/7, and staying the **** home if that's still not good enough for you.

I was asking why? What are they doing to you? Why do you hate them so much?

Actually, I do. Because once they are dead, they no longer contribute to the overwhelming of the healthcare system. They don't take up ICU beds from people who are in need through no fault of their own. When they are dead they no longer can spread the disease. These are all good things.

Make your bad decisions. Die with the consequences of your bad decisions. Your choice, and your choice is not reasoned or reasonable. We have millions of data points over the past 2+ years. We know the vaccinations are safe and effective. We know the vaccines save lives. Now, go die if that is your choice. But if you want sympathy, at this point you'll find it in the dictionary somewhere after stupid and suicide.

Back
Top Bottom