• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What happened to "Christmas"

yummy_zoe7

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I feel like venting....so excuse me.

I am so tired of being politically correct when it comes to Christmas. If people want to rename a holiday and put certain restrictions on that day....why not wipe it from the calendar. No presents, no Christmas caroling, no nothing. If their is going to be restrictions and renaming of a cotton picken holiday we should just be done with it. You don't see other countries fighting over stupid things like America is...don't we have more important things to do then debate if we should call a Christmas tree a "holiday tree"? I mean get over it!! Another thing...no matter if people like it or not Christmas is based on Jesus's birth....point blank. You don't have to be the same religion by any means but respect what Christmas was founded on and don't knock people who want to celebrate it for what it stands for. Last but not least...enjoy life...quit nitpicking over stupid things and stay true to how you celebrated Christmas every year growing up....and don't let small minded people dictate what you believe in or how you celebrate!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!! ;)

yummy_zoe7 said:

I am so tired of being politically correct when it comes to Christmas. If people want to rename a holiday and put certain restrictions on that day....why not wipe it from the calendar. No presents, no Christmas caroling, no nothing. If their is going to be restrictions and renaming of a cotton picken holiday we should just be done with it. You don't see other countries fighting over stupid things like America is...don't we have more important things to do then debate if we should call a Christmas tree a "holiday tree"? I mean get over it!! Another thing...no matter if people like it or not Christmas is based on Jesus's birth....point blank. You don't have to be the same religion by any means but respect what Christmas was founded on and don't knock people who want to celebrate it for what it stands for. Last but not least...enjoy life...quit nitpicking over stupid things and stay true to how you celebrated Christmas every year growing up....and don't let small minded people dictate what you believe in or how you celebrate!!

I couldnt agree more....thus I just chopped down my Yule tree, have an Ash log for the fire on solstice, and the Kids are making gifts for family as I type. Uh....Who is this Christ kid , anyway.
Seriously though...people really do need to just enjoy the season, Hell if we Pagans dont care about Christians wanting to celebrate solstice....why should anyone else.

I agree and I'm a liberal atheist :)

I love christmas!

I love giving presents and receiving presents and singing songs and dancing and getting drunk and all that ****.

Seriously at the end of the day I'm like Jesus? Whose he?

Hell, I don't care. Christmas is fun! Hell Halloween was originally a pagan holiday and you don't see people getting all pissy cause we're not worshipping ancient gods.

Pretty much the whole nation gets christmas day off work and/or school. You get it off because it's christmas, no matter what you call it.

A duck is a duck.

Last edited:
Peace on Earth - Good Will Toward Men

Happy Chrismahanakwanzika !

Peace on Earth - Good Will Toward Men

112905%20Peace%20On%20Earth.gif

Calvin Trillin

When shells fall close and smoke is thick,
Real tough guys never run. They stick.
Or so says Five Deferments Dick.

No wavering--no he's a brick.
To cut and run would make him sick.

Appeasers cannot take a lick,
But tough guys bite and gouge and kick.
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20051212/trillin

yummy_zoe7 said:
we have more important things to do then debate if we should call a Christmas tree a "holiday tree"?

http://www.historychannel.com/exhibits/holidays/christmas/trees.html

Yeah, the Jehovah Witnesses are probably right on this one. So what?

The day's called "Christmas", the tree, whatever it's origins, now stands as a symbol to many for Christmas (and for many more as Xmas :roll: ) and here's probably the most important fact of all:

No other religion observes (so what if it's a pagan intrusion on Christmas) the solstice by murdering a living tree, dragging it into the home and decorating it in a tacky pretense of life, so there's really no point in calling the thing a "holiday tree" when it's truly only a Christmas tree.

Mod Note

Thread moved to religion/philosophy forum.

/Mod Note

Chistmas often has many secular aspects to it anyway. Also just look anywhere during the season and you'll see how obvious it is that Christmas is upon us. Really there is no point in fighting it, especially when there are actual important matters at hand.

Besides, who doesn't like getting and giving gifts?

yummy_zoe7 said:

Very well said. A good book on this subject is "The war on Christmas" by John Gibson.

Back
Top Bottom