• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Halloween Candy will you give out?

Kali

Stigmatized! End R Word!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
What Halloween Candy will you give out this year?

*I wish to suggest that you do not give out fruit. Kids should be able to get some fun candy. Not an apple or a orange.;)*

Nothing. I live in an apartment building in Downtown. Thank god!

Packs of gum. Sugarfree gum, yet the kids still love it. :D

Packs of gum. Sugarfree gum, yet the kids still love it. :D

One of my friends did that a few years ago, but he took his glasses off and didn't realise he gave away a few packs of his nicotine gum.

I almost died. :rofl

the stuff i like (milky ways, butterfingers, mounds, promises)
buy what i want to eat because that is what is going to happen to most of it

Unfortunately, I will be in the Atlanta/Denver/Omaha airport on the 31st (stupid lack of direct flights with company approved airlines :() But, if I were home, I would want to be that loser who hands out pennies.

Ehh some eye of newt, bat wings, frog toes ya know typical stuff.

Oh and candied rocky mountain oysters.

I'll be handing out pamphlets that state how panhandling is a violation of local laws.

I go for truly gross - real critters bathed in sugary sweetness: chocolate covered worms, candied grasshoppers and so on - I offer non biological treats, however - the traditional chewy eyeballs, squishy snot and other such nasties.

And pixie sticks - the really big ones. They sell them 40 in a box for $7.00.

I go for truly gross - real critters bathed in sugary sweetness: chocolate covered worms, candied grasshoppers and so on - I offer non biological treats, however - the traditional chewy eyeballs, squishy snot and other such nasties.

Gotta love pixie stix. Colored sugar in a tube FTW! :D

I dunno; my husband will probably get kitkats and peanut butter cups, because he likes them.
The past few years, we've had few if any trick or treaters.
We live in an upstairs apartment, and, although children trick or treat in the complex, they don't usually come upstairs, for whatever reason.

Thanks, Kali. You gave me an idea. Dried fruit. Holy cow that stuff is addicting. I could eat like 10 dollar bags of dried apples. In fact, when I used to do re-enactments of 18th century mountain men living with a family friend, I would secretly nab a few of those dried apples meant to be sold to tourists!

Anyways: Snickers, Chocolate covered raisins, recees, etc.

Thanks, Kali. You gave me an idea. Dried fruit. Holy cow that stuff is addicting. I could eat like 10 dollar bags of dried apples. In fact, when I used to do re-enactments of 18th century mountain men living with a family friend, I would secretly nab a few of those dried apples meant to be sold to tourists!

Anyways: Snickers, Chocolate covered raisins, recees, etc.

I'm going to trick or treat at your house!

I'll be giving out the candy I had left over from last Halloween.

I wanna come to your house for trick or treat:) I always love the homes that give really good stuff.

None of this healthy crap ola! I love people who make up goodie bags and enjoy makin em up myself.

Fiddytree, slimjims and dried beef snacks are good too.

Last edited:
We used to give out little toys (you know those inexpensive party favors). One year we did just sheets of stickers, and that was quite popular. I think we get around 400 kids, so Halloween is quite a big deal here.

Personally I hate all the candy crap my son brings home every year. Some is fine, but a huge bagfull is just gross. Not to mention I've overheard people saying they buy up a ton of candy after Halloween, and that's what they give out the following year. :2sick1: That makes me sick. In years past, I've offered the boy a nickel a piece for his candy. He keeps a few pieces, gets some $$$, and then I toss the rest of the junk out.

How old is too old for trick-or-treating?

When I was a kid, as soon as I got out of grade school, my dad pronounced that I was 'too old' for trick-or-treating. Now, it seems kids trick-or-treat well into their teens. Something in between is a good age to stop?

I don't know. I have a VERY hard time giving some kid who has a beard, candy. Call me fickle.

We used to give out little toys (you know those inexpensive party favors). One year we did just sheets of stickers, and that was quite popular. I think we get around 400 kids, so Halloween is quite a big deal here.

Personally I hate all the candy crap my son brings home every year. Some is fine, but a huge bagfull is just gross. Not to mention I've overheard people saying they buy up a ton of candy after Halloween, and that's what they give out the following year. :2sick1: That makes me sick. In years past, I've offered the boy a nickel a piece for his candy. He keeps a few pieces, gets some $$$, and then I toss the rest of the junk out.

Its not all the big here.

Churches draw off some of the potential trick or treaters, makes it less fun.

Back
Top Bottom