• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What grade would you give Obama?

• A+

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • A-

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • B+

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • B-

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • C+

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • C-

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • D+

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • D-

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • F

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • F-

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters

Just curiously asking.

C-. He had the opportunity to make some real progress when he had the supermajority and he blew it. Also his record on civil liberties is no better than Bush II's.

My own personal grading system

A's - made progress worthy of having your face on currency, such as reforming the economy and educational systems into the envy of the world (e.g.)
B's - fine. Did your job well, made some progress perhaps, but mostly just didn't screw anything up.
C's - squandered opportunities and failed to deliver on expectations
D's - clearly contributed to the decline of the country, such as economically and diplomatically as happened under Bush II.
F - country goes into civil war

Last edited:

Just curiously asking.

I'd give him a C+/B- and will always wonder how he would have done had the GOP not committed itself to his failing ... normally you want people to succeed ... since we're talking grades, I'm reminded of the kid who wants to do really well but another kid is making his life hell and therefore he can't perform at a higher level ...

C-. He had the opportunity to make some real progress when he had the supermajority and he blew it. Also his record on civil liberties is no better than Bush II's.

These are my thoughts:

As the first African American president I felt he was in a unique position to influence race/culture/America in a positive way. I don't feel that he did. I feel like we are more divided now than we were before and he has made comments that either did not help or has made things worse.

Instead of trying to work with opposition to accomplish meaningful change, he has tried to strong arm them and it has backfired.

I give him a C.

I gave him a D+ for a few reasons.

1) He has done nothing to prevent another banking catastrophe.
2) None of the bankers responsible for the crash were indicted.
3) The middle class is still drowning
4) He cannot seem to build a bridge between the Dems and the Republicans (though I put a lot of the blame on Boehner and the GOP)

These are my thoughts:

As the first African American president I felt he was in a unique position to influence race/culture/America in a positive way. I don't feel that he did. I feel like we are more divided now than we were before and he has made comments that either did not help or has made things worse.

Instead of trying to work with opposition to accomplish meaningful change, he has tried to strong arm them and it has backfired.

I give him a C.

I don't think he can work with the opposition. The Republicans' credibility rests in not cooperating with Obama.

At first I gave Obama a F, Then I decided to see what kind of grade Obama would earn if I graded him on a curve. Still a F.

B minus. Successes in aptly reducing the fiscal deficit, the implementation of both the ARRA and TARP, kickstarting social reforms and a generally competent foreign policy. Negatives in term of healthcare reform implementation and results, in addition to his penchant for demagoguery.

I don't think he can work with the opposition. The Republicans' credibility rests in not cooperating with Obama.

He has introduced items that even his own party wouldn't vote for, how exactly is that compromising with Republicans?

"We don’t mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

Maybe it's just me but when I hear that... I don't interpret it as "hey guys lets work together and come up with something were both happy with"

Obama D-
GWB F
Clinton D
GHWB F
Reagan D-
Carter D

At first I gave Obama a F, Then I decided to see what kind of grade Obama would earn if I graded him on a curve. Still a F.

I tried that and wound up at F-.

He has introduced items that even his own party wouldn't vote for, how exactly is that compromising with Republicans?

"We don’t mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

Maybe it's just me but when I hear that... I don't interpret it as "hey guys lets work together and come up with something were both happy with"

LOL...are you serious? Obama has gone out of his way to include Republican Ideas and the Party of NO even votes against their own ideas. They have one agenda and one agenda only....oppose everything, refuse to cooperate or negotiate on anything. Why do you think they have become to be known as the Party of NO? They have no ideas of their own anymore.

Just curiously asking.

We really don't need to waste our time trying to give President Obama a grade because we have a system here in the USA which has already done that.

It's called elections.

Last November the majority of the American people sent President Obama back to the White House and sent Mitt Romney wherever he is.

I accept their judgement, but a lot of people on the right still haven't come to grips with the results of that election.

"[B]Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.[/B]

We really don't need to waste our time trying to give President Obama a grade because we have a system here in the USA which has already done that.

It's called elections.

Last November the majority of the American people sent President Obama back to the White House and sent Mitt Romney wherever he is.

I accept their judgement, but a lot of people on the right still haven't come to grips with the results of that election.

"[B]Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.[/B]

Elections are multiple choice exams given a pass/fail grade only. This is more precise letter grading.

Rubber stamping everything that comes across their desk is not compromise, its called selling out.

Republicans have a base they represent.
If they seem like "the party of no" maybe it's because they are not getting anything they would want to say yes to.

It seems to me his current tactic is to send the crappiest budget he can (knowing they would never vote for it in its current form) then blame them for being obstructionist and passing as many executive orders as possible.

A middle C. No plus or minus, unless he puts troops into Egypt and Syria, in which case he knocks off W. as the worst President in my lifetime.

We still don't give grades in school until the semester is over. However, Repups have a different set of rules for the "other", who is currently the POTUSA.

It's called elections.

[/B]
And they absolutely never will, as we see each day with loon TV and pols.

C+. I admire the affordable care act, getting out of Iraq, Bin Laden operation, and how he has managed to maintain sanity against the multiple media outlets that serve as 24/7 bull**** propaganda machines who have no other missions than to cast him in a bad light. Faux News(Bull**** Mountain), Glen Beck's network, Rush Limbaugh's show,etc... And the political party opposed to his having no other goal than to remove him from office.

Because of that I am more understanding of his position. My C+ also isn't as bad as some other people's C's apparently.

That being said I wish he would have been the much more liberal and progressive president he said he would have been.

Elections are multiple choice exams given a pass/fail grade only. This is more precise letter grading.

I don't like that system so I am not going to participate. I'd rather snipe from the sidelines.

Obama F-
GWB F-
Clinton F-
GHWB F-
Reagan F-
Carter F-

0's all around.

Last edited:
C+. I admire the affordable care act, getting out of Iraq, Bin Laden operation, and how he has managed to maintain sanity against the multiple media outlets that serve as 24/7 bull**** propaganda machines who have no other missions than to cast him in a bad light. Faux News(Bull**** Mountain), Glen Beck's network, Rush Limbaugh's show,etc... And the political party opposed to his having no other goal than to remove him from office.

Because of that I am more understanding of his position. My C+ also isn't as bad as some other people's C's apparently.

That being said I wish he would have been the much more liberal and progressive president he said he would have been.

Well, I pretty much agree with everything that you have said.

Obama has been more of a centrist than I would have liked him to be. But getting re-elected gives him a passing grade in my book. Now we'll just have to wait and see how history judges him. I believe that he will be graded a lot higher than G.W. Bush.

Back
Top Bottom