• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What grade would you give Obama?

• A+

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • A-

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • B+

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • B-

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • C+

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • C-

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • D+

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • D-

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • F

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • F-

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
participation-medal.jpg

I always have fun.

I hope you enjoy claiming that Obama has reduced the deficit, because I think that's ****ing hilarious.

LOL...are you serious? Obama has gone out of his way to include Republican Ideas and the Party of NO even votes against their own ideas. They have one agenda and one agenda only....oppose everything, refuse to cooperate or negotiate on anything. Why do you think they have become to be known as the Party of NO? They have no ideas of their own anymore.

No the Republican Party isn't the Party of NO, the Democratic Party is the Party of Yes. Democrats remind me of Oprah sometimes. "You get a sponsor, you get a sponsor and you and you and you!"

If Republicans and Libertarians seem like they are saying no all the time, maybe that has something to do with the quality of the bills being put in front of them. Just some food for thought...

I gave Obama an F-. For he who practices radical liberalism still shares the views of Progressives who in their nature reject the founding principles of this country. That is why for a century since the Progressive Era have been on the march for "Change". Their "Change" has resulted in more people collecting federal entitlements than those who actually work for a living and pay taxes. It's a crying ass shame when a single mom can now collect more in entitlements than a couple with children both working at median income and not collecting entitlements. Enough!

Last edited:
C-. He had the opportunity to make some real progress when he had the supermajority and he blew it. Also his record on civil liberties is no better than Bush II's.

He never had a supermajority.
His supermajority died right out of the starting gate... literally, with Senator Kennedy.
He never even had a supermajority with Kennedy either. With Kennedy, he needed the unreliable left leaning Independents to reach 60.

Anyhow, I give him a C+.

I gave him a B+ for accomplishing some type of health care, even if it was the watered down Republican version called Obamacare.
But I gave him an F for failing to stand up for himself against the never ending personal attacks from the GOP, which I feel allowed the travesty of 2010.
And I gave him another F for not standing up to Republicans in the House after 2010.

I feel it averaged out to C+.
But if he continues to let Republicans push him around at every turn, I will change my mind and call in a D.

I would like to agree with the majority here (minus the people who voted F- out of pure hatred and have little merit behind their votes). Barack Obama had his chances with a Super Majority, and he did not deliver. I do not believe he made this country something better than it was before the Great Recession hit. He inflated the debt to unthinkable levels, which is another mark against him in my book. ON the other hand he has some things in his favor, he prevent total economic collapse, he halted the plummet of unemployment (no matter if you agree or disagree with the calculation including underemployed or not, underemployment is better than nothing at all). The deficit is slowly coming down, so I guess that is a positive. He finally ended (somewhat) the costly wars for oil in the middle east, which is something that must be considered. I'm not advocating another Presidency like Barack Obama's, but I do feel an obligation to stick up for my President no matter if he is the best or worst ever. This is something that most shallow people on this board do not understand. I don't agree with all of his politics, I don't think he was the best thing that ever happened, but until January 2017 he will be my President, and I will stand with him. If you don't like him or his party, you had the opportunity to make your voice heard, and you failed at it. The least you can do is pay the man a little respect, he has more on his plate in one year than most of you will have in a lifetime.

Barack Obama had his chances with a Super Majority, and he did not deliver.

There was never a Super Majority.
Independents are not Democrats. And one of the 2 Independents despised Obama and gave him hell.
Then Kennedy died and it was not even close.
If we had ever had a Super Majority we would have Universal Health Care for all Americans.

United States Senate elections, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I respect and agree with the rest of your post.

There was never a Super Majority.
Independents are not Democrats. And one of the 2 Independents despised Obama and gave him hell.
Then Kennedy died and it was not even close.
If we had ever had a Super Majority we would have Universal Health Care for all Americans.

United States Senate elections, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I respect and agree with the rest of your post.

I apologize, I misspoke, what I meant to get across is that he had control of both houses.

I apologize, I misspoke, what I meant to get across is that he had control of both houses.

Without 60 in the Senate, nothing is controlled these days, but I do understand ya.

These are my thoughts:

As the first African American president I felt he was in a unique position to influence race/culture/America in a positive way. I don't feel that he did. I feel like we are more divided now than we were before and he has made comments that either did not help or has made things worse.

Instead of trying to work with opposition to accomplish meaningful change, he has tried to strong arm them and it has backfired.

I give him a C.

boy, this is rich ... he has had to deal with racist crap from the right for five years and it's he who has divided us along racial lines? ... my God ... you can't make this ^&*@ up ...

No the Republican Party isn't the Party of NO, the Democratic Party is the Party of Yes. Democrats remind me of Oprah sometimes. "You get a sponsor, you get a sponsor and you and you and you!"

If Republicans and Libertarians seem like they are saying no all the time, maybe that has something to do with the quality of the bills being put in front of them. Just some food for thought...

What are you talking about. Republicans are even saying NO to their own ideas.....

I'd have to defer until I hear the current score that the Nobel Peace Prize Committee would give him.

I would give Obama a gold star for participating because in progressive land we all get awarded for participating.

I gave him a D+. He did stop the tailspin to Depression economy he inherited from the First Dunce. He did not indict and prosecute the First Torturer for Human Rights violations and that is a fail. He initiated Obamacare and that's a plus. The NSA revelations are a complete fail. He accomplished little when the Democrats had legislative advantage and that's a fail. Libya is/was similar to Nazis attacking Czechoslovakia and that's a fail. Syrian intervention with jihadists as allies is a big fail, like going from Czechoslovakia to Poland. Continuing domination of gov't policy by Vertically Integrated Big Energy Corporations is a huge fail. Lack of commitment to Renewable Energy to combat Global Warming is a huge fail. Overall, he's an exponential improvement over his predecessor, the First Failure. Barely passing and he has not indicted any Banksters, another failure. He has allowed the CIA to continue grabbing power, another fail. It's a hell of a note that even his pathetic performance is, without doubt, an improvement over any Republican option. We are screwed and apparently we like it.

c+ based on his foreign policy which has been overall passive and has seemed reluctant to make descions regarding foreign policy. Looking to try and pull out of Afghan though and hasn't invaded any other countries so thats a positive.

Just curiously asking.

If you'd have had just a C, that would have been my grade. He's been about average. He had the potential to have been great, but didn't match his rhetoric.

F3.................

c+ based on his foreign policy which has been overall passive and has seemed reluctant to make descions regarding foreign policy. Looking to try and pull out of Afghan though and hasn't invaded any other countries so thats a positive.

Wow, I'd highly suggest looking at the news. Afghan, Iraq, Syria....He's continued what the Bush family started. He's not aggressive regarding foreign policy, he's wanted for WAR CRIMES.

C-. He had the opportunity to make some real progress when he had the supermajority and he blew it. Also his record on civil liberties is no better than Bush II's.

I gave him a C- too, for much the same reason.

I also considered things like the IRS targeting scandal, the bugging of AP and Fox, the gun walking mess, and Benghazi. While I don't weight them as heavily as the Chicken Little Right (Oh no! The sky is falling!!!) I also don't completely dismiss them as "nothing to see here folks" a la the Left Wing Idiotsphere.

I would have given him a D, but he get's props for killing bin Laden.

Would have him do a 'do over' of the 3rd grade.

I still don't believe Obama can name all 57 states, let alone run the country.

I still don't believe Obama can name all 57 states, let alone run the country.

Well at least he can say nuclear right.

I give Obama an F.

Back
Top Bottom