• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What grade do you give Joe Biden? (1.5 year point)

What grade do you give President Biden? (Please read the instructions carefully)

• Total voters

BrotherFease

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
We're approaching the year and a half point of the Biden presidency. You can see my previous threads for six month and one year point here and here.

What happened since we left off? We had Vladimir Putin invading the Ukraine. Gas prices skyrocketed due to the embargo on Russian oil. Biden nominated Kentanji Brown Jackson to replace Stephen Breyer on the Supreme Court. She was confirmed by a 53-47 vote. In the Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization Supreme Court case, 6 out of the 9 justices ruled in favor of the state of Mississippi. The ruling allowed Mississippi to ban abortion in their state after 15 weeks of pregnancy. The Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey rulings were essentially voided, reversing the previous legal precedent that the 14th amendment gives women the right to terminate their pregnancy up until fetal viability.

So far, there has been 314 mass shootings just in 2022. The three most notable ones were in Buffalo New York, Uvalde Texas and Highland Park Illinois. On June 25th, Biden signed the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act. The act ended the "Boyfriend Loophole", provided more money to help enforce red flag laws, added more licensing regulation for gun dealers, and increased the background system for people under the age of 21 trying to purchase a gun.

Now onto the questions. Give Biden 1 point, if you agree with the question. 0 points if you disagree.

Q1 - Do you agree with how Biden is handling the Ukraine-Russia war? He's signed legislation designed to give aid to the Ukraine, imposed economic sanctions on Russia, and signed the Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act of 2022.

Q2 - Did the Senate make the right decision on confirming Kentanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court?

Q3 - Do you agree with Biden signing of the Emmett Till Antilynching Act? Makes lynching a federal hate crime.

Q4 - Do you agree with how Biden is handling the surge in gas prices? He's proposing to temporary suspend the federal gas tax and wrote letters to the oil refiners, encouraging them to produce more gas, not raise prices.

Q5 - Do you agree with the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act?

Q6 - Do you agree with Biden invoking the Defense Production Act to help solve the baby formula shortage?

Q7 - Do you support Biden's efforts to pass pro-choice federal laws? He wants make abortion legal in all 50 states (plus DC) up until fetal viability. Basically he wants to re-instate the Roe and Casey decisions through federal legislation.

Q8 - Do you agree with how Biden is handling the inflation and labor shortage crisis?

For two of the eight questions, you can give Biden 2 points rather than 1.

We're approaching the year and a half point of the Biden presidency. You can see my previous threads for six month and one year point here and here.

What happened since we left off? We had Vladimir Putin invading the Ukraine. Gas prices skyrocketed due to the embargo on Russian oil. Biden nominated Kentanji Brown Jackson to replace Stephen Breyer on the Supreme Court. She was confirmed by a 53-47 vote. In the Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization Supreme Court case, 6 out of the 9 justices ruled in favor of the state of Mississippi. The ruling allowed Mississippi to ban abortion in their state after 15 weeks of pregnancy. The Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey rulings were essentially voided, reversing the previous legal precedent that the 14th amendment gives women the right to terminate their pregnancy up until fetal viability.

So far, there has been 314 mass shootings just in 2022. The three most notable ones were in Buffalo New York, Uvalde Texas and Highland Park Illinois. On June 25th, Biden signed the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act. The act ended the "Boyfriend Loophole", provided more money to help enforce red flag laws, added more licensing regulation for gun dealers, and increased the background system for people under the age of 21 trying to purchase a gun.

Now onto the questions. Give Biden 1 point, if you agree with the question. 0 points if you disagree.

Q1 - Do you agree with how Biden is handling the Ukraine-Russia war? He's signed legislation designed to give aid to the Ukraine, imposed economic sanctions on Russia, and signed the Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act of 2022.

Q2 - Did the Senate make the right decision on confirming Kentanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court?

Q3 - Do you agree with Biden signing of the Emmett Till Antilynching Act? Makes lynching a federal hate crime.

Q4 - Do you agree with how Biden is handling the surge in gas prices? He's proposing to temporary suspend the federal gas tax and wrote letters to the oil refiners, encouraging them to produce more gas, not raise prices.

Q6 - Do you agree with Biden invoking the Defense Production Act to help solve the baby formula shortage?

Q7 - Do you support Biden's efforts to pass pro-choice federal laws? He wants make abortion legal in all 50 states (plus DC) up until fetal viability. Basically he wants to re-instate the Roe and Casey decisions through federal legislation.

Q8 - Do you agree with how Biden is handling the inflation and labor shortage crisis?

The puppet doesn't get a grade, since he didn't do anything. His puppet masters, however, get an A Double + for accomplishing their goals.

For example, you ask how they are handling the surge in gas prices. They wanted the surge and they got the surge. The surge started from day one and continued to surge for over a year.

I give him a B. He's done as well as he can, given the circumstances. In order to earn an A he'd have to possess legendary persuasion abilities, the kind you really only see in heads of state once in a generation or so.

The puppet doesn't get a grade, since he didn't do anything. His puppet masters, however, get an A Double + for accomplishing their goals.

For example, you ask how they are handling the surge in gas prices. They wanted the surge and they got the surge. The surge started from day one and continued to surge for over a year.

Oh look here is Mycrosft lying again like he does with Trump's Big Lie. Big suprise here folks, all Mycroft can do is LIE.

His greatest achievement was beating Trump. Its clear to me ..he really doesn't want to be president.

To old for the job, I'm a few years younger and can't imagine working as much as he does.

I give him a B. He's done as well as he can, given the circumstances. In order to earn an A he'd have to possess legendary persuasion abilities, the kind you really only see in heads of state once in a generation or so.

Pretty much how I see it as well. His failures have been his inability to communicate and articulate clear purpose and vision. On policy, he's mostly there. I think he's also trying to see what he can and cannot achieve with a very fragile and frankly unreliable senate majority, which for all practical purposes he really doesn't enjoy the benefit of.

6/10

He's not Trump and I love that about him.

As long as he doesn't change position on THAT we're good, or at least better than we could be.

In my nightmares, he pulls off his head and Trump's inside there.

Do you seriously disagree with the Emmitt Till lynching bill and the Gun Reform legislation and ramping up efforts to put more baby food formula in production?

I reviewed all of the events of the last six months, and you cannot find anything you agree with?

Dude at least make an effort to post something that doesn't scream low-IQ partisan bullshit.

6/10

He's not Trump and I love that about him.

As long as he doesn't change position on THAT we're good, or at least better than we could be.

In my nightmares, he pulls of his head and Trump's inside there.
You joke, but the liberal nightmare was that even after Biden was sworn into office, we'd watch the first State of the Union address only to see Trump deliver it.

I agree with all, but he's not trying hard enough. The "safer communities act" doesn't go any where near far enough, and more and different solutions need to be contemplated for the so called supreme court.

I think your point system is biased, So I'm gonna give him a C- instead. I will bump it to a C+ based on the simple fact that he isn't insane like TFG.

I agree with all of the above, but I gave him a 6 rating because of his communication skills. We as a country need to stop electing old ass people.

I agree with all, but he's not trying hard enough. The "safer communities act" doesn't go any where near far enough, and more and different solutions need to be contemplated for the so called supreme court.

I think your point system is biased, So I'm gonna give him a C- instead. I will bump it to a C+ based on the simple fact that he isn't insane like TFG.
I gave him a 5/10 for the record.

No, I disagree with this bias. I went through the Biden timeline on Wikipedia, and picked out the most significant events. War in Ukraine, Abortion, SCOTUS pick, gun legislation, and lynching were the most relevant things happening. I lefted out the post office reform legislation and his environmental legislation (The Endangered Species Act is a topic), simply because those are not on the top of people's minds.

Oh look here is Mycrosft lying again like he does with Trump's Big Lie. Big suprise here folks, all Mycroft can do is LIE.
Here it is from the puppet's mouth.

You are dismissed.

I gave him a 5/10 for the record.

No, I disagree with this bias. I went through the Biden timeline on Wikipedia, and picked out the most significant events. War in Ukraine, Abortion, SCOTUS pick, gun legislation, and lynching were the most relevant things happening. I lefted out the post office reform legislation and his environmental legislation (The Endangered Species Act is a topic), simply because those are not on the top of people's minds.
But those other things are happening.

His continued insistence on stimulus level spending and low tax policy during an expansion is maddening.

Do you seriously disagree with the Emmitt Till lynching bill and the Gun Reform legislation and ramping up efforts to put more baby food formula in production?

I reviewed all of the events of the last six months, and you cannot find anything you agree with?
I didn't say I agreed or disagreed with anything. I did, however, give his puppet masters an A Double + grade.

btw, when was the last lynching in the US? I'll give you a hint: It was a few years after I was born. btw, my first tour in Vietnam was when I was 18 years old.

I didn't say I agreed or disagreed with anything. I did, however, give his puppet masters an A Double + grade.

btw, when was the last lynching in the US? I'll give you a hint: It was a few years after I was born. btw, my first tour in Vietnam was when I was 18 years old.
If you want to participate in my poll/thread, you should at least take the time to read the instructions. I laid out the major events of the last six months which involve Biden.

If you want to participate in my poll/thread, you should at least take the time to read the instructions. I laid out the major events of the last six months which involve Biden.
I did participate. I responded to your poll and I referred to one of the "major events" in your list.

The last lynching was in 1981. To put that into perspective, a decade more recent than the Roe v. Wade decision which was just overturned. So with our laws going backward as they are, it seems prudent enough.

Too complicated

But those other things are happening.
Sure, those things are happening, but the news is dominated by:

Abortion
KBJ
Ukraine
Gun Violence
Gas Prices
Labor Shortage/Infation
The Baby Formula Shortage

It would be irresponsible for me not to include those. On the top of my thread, I laid out the facts of the last six months. The two year point will be include all of the events of the last two years.

Are you saying I was being too easy or too hard on Mr. Biden?

I give him a C. I didn't expect much and that's what I'm getting. But that's OK, I prefer this to the alternative.

The last lynching was in 1981. To put that into perspective, a decade more recent than the Roe v. Wade decision which was just overturned. So with our laws going backward as they are, it seems prudent enough.
The last VERIFIED lynching was in 1955. There have been unverified "lynchings" since then...and even, since 1981.

Back
Top Bottom