• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What food is your weakness?

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
What do you crave often or die to eat - but rarely do or don't eat because you can't afford it? Or you indulge eventhough you shouldn't?

My weakness, I've heard, is gross - Artichoke Bruschetta on saltine crackers.

MMM - they don't sell it anywhere locally so I pick up a small bottle whenever I'm in the city and eat it immediately.

Too many to mention. Japanese food, I can eat wakamé and miso soup morning or night. Indonesian food, if I smell it I want it, especially nasi kuning, I can crave the smell alone. Marinated artichokes.., can't do without, I always have some in stock. I can go on and on, no wonder I'm fat. :lol:

Marinated Olives, Sun Dried Tomatoes...basically all Mediterranean food that doesn't have fish in it, and Turkish Delight

What do you crave often or die to eat - but rarely do or don't eat because you can't afford it? Or you indulge eventhough you shouldn't?

My weakness, I've heard, is gross - Artichoke Bruschetta on saltine crackers.

MMM - they don't sell it anywhere locally so I pick up a small bottle whenever I'm in the city and eat it immediately.

I have many (which is probably I am overweight).

ICB cream soda, certain flavors of ben and jerry's ice cream, snickers bars, brownies, cookies, some other things...

What I try and do is never go shopping while hungry and never buy those things so they are not sitting in the house tempting me.

Steamed maryland blue crabs... I WILL stop despite complaints and protests...... everytime

Ach, sea food. Any sort of sea food. Best lobster I have ever eaten was in a swanky restaurant in Boston.

Ach, sea food. Any sort of sea food. Best lobster I have ever eaten was in a swanky restaurant in Boston.

Best lobster I ever had was the one of the several I've caught and steamed over seaweed on the beach in Maine. :thumbs:

Steamed maryland blue crabs... I WILL stop despite complaints and protests...... everytime

OMG. I remember going up to Maryland (the state I was born in btw) and getting crabs with my grandfather. He would always pull up his pot and would have gobs of them (more than enough to fill a paper grocery bag) and we would feast on crab for two days.

leOYtUz44ZGUlkFa9vG_02ux3JWWP3lXWG4FXHZpHU2M3wiA7xKz2VltVlaM3ATHbu-xmvMo2aBuAOBsNVLvU4z_10dQkZu7_AmLBcuCaPoZJC28hCBAqPagAy84Q2wUbpDqbKhKjWNjQg

It's not proper food if it isn't wrapped in pastry.

OMG. I remember going up to Maryland (the state I was born in btw) and getting crabs with my grandfather. He would always pull up his pot and would have gobs of them (more than enough to fill a paper grocery bag) and we would feast on crab for two days.

We do our own crabbing in LBI, but I always love stopping at a shack in maryland for the atmosphere. :thumbs:

I have many (which is probably I am overweight).

ICB cream soda, certain flavors of ben and jerry's ice cream, snickers bars, brownies, cookies, some other things...

What I try and do is never go shopping while hungry and never buy those things so they are not sitting in the house tempting me.

Respect bar has been raised. :thumbs:

Uhm fellas, shouln't you know the name of your favorite soda?

Isn't it IBC?

:ssst:

I haven't tried that one.

Here is the difference you NEED to know...

Ingredients and Nutritional Information

IBC Cream Soda:

Contains: carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup and/or sugar, natural and artificial flavors, soduim benzoate (preservative), calcium disodium edta (to protect flavor). No Caffeine

Boylan's Creme Soda:

Carbonated Water, Cane Sugar, Pure Vanilla Extract, Natural and Artificial flavors, Caramel color, citric acid, Sodium Benzoate (preserve freshness).

When I lived in Wisconsin, nothing could ever touch the tasty greatness of deep fried cheese curds cooked in beer batter. Now that I don't live there anymore I wander around a tasteless world devoid of happiness and joy.

When I lived in Wisconsin, nothing could ever touch the tasty greatness of deep fried cheese curds cooked in beer batter. Now that I don't live there anymore I wander around a tasteless world devoid of happiness and joy.

Step one.

Buy cheese curds.

Step two.

Beer Batter them

Step three.

Fry em....

:thumbs:

But it will never taste the same and you'll always be disapointed!

We bought strawberries when we were in California - Oh my GAWD they were sinfully sweet! MMMMM! Even the green part was SWEET!

Now my world of strawberries is never plain - they're all gross - even the ones brought in from California. :confused:

But it will never taste the same and you'll always be disapointed!

We bought strawberries when we were in California - Oh my GAWD they were sinfully sweet! MMMMM! Even the green part was SWEET!

Now my world of strawberries is never plain - they're all gross - even the ones brought in from California. :confused:

Grow your own, they are super easy to take care of.

Step one.

Buy cheese curds.

Step two.

Beer Batter them

Step three.

Fry em....

:thumbs:

Don't have a deep fryer, nor can I get cheese curds down here in the south. I'd have to have them shipped.

We used to live just a few mile down the road from a cheese factory and could the freshest cheese curds made that day.

Don't have a deep fryer, nor can I get cheese curds down here in the south. I'd have to have them shipped.

We used to live just a few mile down the road from a cheese factory and could the freshest cheese curds made that day.

We have "chicken delight" here near where I live.... we always ordered thier chicken and pizza (they made both most excellent), I noticed just the other day they are a canadian company, and have poutine on thier menu....

I called.

Well on thier canadian menu anyway. :(

We have "chicken delight" here near where I live.... we always ordered thier chicken and pizza (they made both most excellent), I noticed just the other day they are a canadian company, and have poutine on thier menu....

I called.

Well on thier canadian menu anyway. :(

I always though cheese curd were a Canadian thing. When I visit my American friends, they ALWAYS ask me to bring some curds. Personally, I don't like 'em and I am a cheese lover.

Back
Top Bottom