• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Exactly Makes a Man Masculine?

Imo; masculinity is defined as:

Confidant, courteous, courageous, conservative and mentally & physically fit.

The last thing I need is a tree-hugging cry-baby weakling in search of safety-nets.

And I seriously can't imagine there being a lot of women that would disagree with me.

But imo; effeminacy is definitely not/no-way/never, masculine...It is gay...in closet or out.

Something that most of us know, but some won't admit.....It's one of those silly PC taboos.

Btw;
I liked the video, WaPo.....I even saved the web site. (y)
Is there any room in your definition of masculinity for compassion? Is compassion not a masculine trait? What about empathy? Are masculine men not empathetic? Where does humility fit into your definition? Respectful? Does that belong anywhere near masculinity?

Is there any room in your definition of masculinity for compassion? Is compassion not a masculine trait? What about empathy? Are masculine men not empathetic? Where does humility fit into your definition? Respectful? Does that belong anywhere near masculinity?
I've found that men who are "confidant, courteous, courageous, conservative and mentally & physically fit" are generally all of the above and more.

In fact; most of the people I know, regardless of gender, would fall under all of the above.

I've found that men who are "confidant, courteous, courageous, conservative and mentally & physically fit" are generally all of the above and more.

In fact; most of the people I know, regardless of gender, would fall under all of the above.
F718DECA-3237-4C1A-8153-71718006A264.jpeg

What Exactly Makes a Man Masculine?
Since this thread has veered of course, lots of blue pills, of course.

Roaming Millennial Explains Effeminacy through her work at Evie magazine, which is pretty under-appreciated and I wanted to share it around. Her points on effeminate men were intriguing and genuinely enjoyable to read. Now she goes by Lauren Chen, but she'll always be Roaming Millennial to me.

ROTFLMAO! Why do we go through the same questions every generation. By the way. of you have a list of Musts, throw it out, it is worthless.

And bone spurs, bullying, not being fluent in your native language, multiple bankruptcies, frequently losing civil suits, facing criminal charges as soon as you give up your day job, wearing really, really, long ties, firing anyone who is obviously smarter than you, not knowing jack squat about economics while having a BA in Econ from Wharton, drawing fake weather news on an official NOAA hurricane forecast, being Putin's lapdog, banging Stormy Daniels while she continues to ask, "Is it in? Is it in? Can you get it up? Is it in?"

i would say getting it done. that doesn't really have a gender, though. the rest is costumes and scenery.

Roaming Millennial Explains Effeminacy through her work at Evie magazine, which is pretty under-appreciated and I wanted to share it around. Her points on effeminate men were intriguing and genuinely enjoyable to read. Now she goes by Lauren Chen, but she'll always be Roaming Millennial to me.

'

in my view --
  • self confidence
  • honesty and integrity
  • courage
  • the ability to understand others without losing yourself in those perspectives
  • protective of those you care for
  • the ability to defend yourself emotionally, intellectually, and physically
  • knowing what you stand for
  • the ability to smile and laugh (and enjoy life)
  • knowing there are causes greater than yourself
  • the ability to put your needs before the wants of others (and to put others needs ahead of your wants when necessary)
  • the drive to succeed in life and in work
  • good financial stewardship
  • being a good father and mentor
  • knowing your whiskey :LOL:

One can be effeminate and still check off all the things in that list I think (except maybe substitute drinks with umbrellas at the bottom)

Also these are not specifically masculine traits, but the traits of a grown up who isn't an asshole.

Last edited:
Also these are not specifically masculine traits, but the traits of a grown up who isn't an asshole.
This right here. Masculine and feminine are basically whinny "I don't want to be a grown up" claims of dress and actions.

I would define masculinity as the ability to not worry about whether your behavior is or is not masculine.

Luce,
Understanding that to understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.

Masculinity?

Absolute integrity. Keep one's word. Never lie. HALO at 9000 feet. Rappel face first out of a helicopter with an automatic blazing. Running into a blazing building to save infants and kittens. Helping an old lady across the street. Or a young lady for that matter. Let a woman know your yea is yea and nay is nay, the never veer from that. Adore children. Finally, make the finest avocado dip in the universe. Oh, one more: DC before Marvel every flipping time.
Also confidence. I want to know i can trust him to make me better.

One thing that many Americans can't seem to get through their head> Don't judge somebody by the way they present themselves. The worse example is of course, Donald Trump.
There's other cultures that stress> Do not brag or Don't show your hand, as in poker.
Since being in this country I've seen many times that Americans make snap judgements regarding a person and later pay for their ignorance.
It boils down to this> So you took my kindness and consideration-for-others-as-a-sign-of-weakness? You may not ever learn what I've just said but I'll tell you this (Mother F*cker)
sometimes it can be quite fatal. How do you know that somebody wasn't setting your dumb ass up?

One thing that many Americans can't seem to get through their head> Don't judge somebody by the way they present themselves. The worse example is of course, Donald Trump.
There's other cultures that stress> Do not brag or Don't show your hand, as in poker.
Since being in this country I've seen many times that Americans make snap judgements regarding a person and later pay for their ignorance.
It boils down to this> So you took my kindness and consideration-for-others-as-a-sign-of-weakness? You may not ever learn what I've just said but I'll tell you this (Mother F*cker)
sometimes it can be quite fatal. How do you know that somebody wasn't setting your dumb ass up?
Your point about snap judgements is a good one. Sometimes your heart just makes you make a quick and regretful decision.

Back
Top Bottom