• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Exactly Makes a Man Masculine?

Stealers Wheel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Imo; masculinity is defined as:

Confidant, courteous, courageous, conservative and mentally & physically fit.

The last thing I need is a tree-hugging cry-baby weakling in search of safety-nets.

And I seriously can't imagine there being a lot of women that would disagree with me.

But imo; effeminacy is definitely not/no-way/never, masculine...It is gay...in closet or out.

Something that most of us know, but some won't admit.....It's one of those silly PC taboos.

Btw;
I liked the video, WaPo.....I even saved the web site. (y)
Is there any room in your definition of masculinity for compassion? Is compassion not a masculine trait? What about empathy? Are masculine men not empathetic? Where does humility fit into your definition? Respectful? Does that belong anywhere near masculinity?

Empirica

Transcend
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Is there any room in your definition of masculinity for compassion? Is compassion not a masculine trait? What about empathy? Are masculine men not empathetic? Where does humility fit into your definition? Respectful? Does that belong anywhere near masculinity?
I've found that men who are "confidant, courteous, courageous, conservative and mentally & physically fit" are generally all of the above and more.

In fact; most of the people I know, regardless of gender, would fall under all of the above.

Aunt Antifa

Hunter of my heart
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I've found that men who are "confidant, courteous, courageous, conservative and mentally & physically fit" are generally all of the above and more.

In fact; most of the people I know, regardless of gender, would fall under all of the above.
F718DECA-3237-4C1A-8153-71718006A264.jpeg

Lovebug

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
What Exactly Makes a Man Masculine?
Since this thread has veered of course, lots of blue pills, of course.

Casper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Roaming Millennial Explains Effeminacy through her work at Evie magazine, which is pretty under-appreciated and I wanted to share it around. Her points on effeminate men were intriguing and genuinely enjoyable to read. Now she goes by Lauren Chen, but she'll always be Roaming Millennial to me.

ROTFLMAO! Why do we go through the same questions every generation. By the way. of you have a list of Musts, throw it out, it is worthless.

Top Bottom