• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Exactly Makes a Man Masculine?

There is no problem that we cannot solve through ignorance, brute force, and a suitable application of high explosives.

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk
:thumbs:

And alcohol. Can't forget that. All male bonding endeavors involve the prodigious consumption of the nectar of life!

And bone spurs, bullying, not being fluent in your native language, multiple bankruptcies, frequently losing civil suits, facing criminal charges as soon as you give up your day job, wearing really, really, long ties, firing anyone who is obviously smarter than you, not knowing jack squat about economics while having a BA in Econ from Wharton, drawing fake weather news on an official NOAA hurricane forecast, being Putin's lapdog, banging Stormy Daniels while she continues to ask, "Is it in? Is it in? Can you get it up? Is it in?"

Screw Stormy, how about the other one ... dang that is one fine ass!

I may have mentioned it. For her 6th birthday she requested throwing knives. She got them.

The last big gift I gave her was a scimitar.
Whoa. That's quite a bit for that age, IMO. But then by 10, me & my friends were running around with B.B. guns and bows & arrows.

Here... Hold my beer....
:mrgreen:

Whoa. That's quite a bit for that age, IMO. But then by 10, me & my friends were running around with B.B. guns and bows & arrows.

:mrgreen:

Sorry for the confusion. The scimitar came later.

In college she got with folks who did renaissance fairs and did a lot of sword play. I built a naginata for her. It was easier to buy for her. I would walk in a camping or knife store and if I saw it and it looked cool it would be good bet she would like it.

Sorry for the confusion. The scimitar came later.

In college she got with folks who did renaissance fairs and did a lot of sword play. I built a naginata for her. It was easier to buy for her. I would walk in a camping or knife store and if I saw it and it looked cool it would be good bet she would like it.
Actually, I was referring to the throwing knives.

I wasn't allowed a pocket-knife until I was 10. Then the floodgates opened-up, and I soon had a B.B. gun, Bow & Arrows, a home-built motor-bike, and I was allowed to blow-off the fireworks on the Fourth. It was like at 10, a flip was switched, and my parents gave-up protecting me. Freedom!

And yeah - us city kids hunted squirrels, rabbits, and pheasants. How? We hit the prairies by the railroad yards! We also read Field & Stream. And we would fish in the local lagoons.

Actually, I was referring to the throwing knives.

I wasn't allowed a pocket-knife until I was 10. Then the floodgates opened-up, and I soon had a B.B. gun, Bow & Arrows, a home-built motor-bike, and I was allowed to blow-off the fireworks on the Fourth. It was like at 10, a flip was switched, and my parents gave-up protecting me. Freedom!

And yeah - us city kids hunted squirrels, rabbits, and pheasants. How? We hit the prairies by the railroad yards! We also read Field & Stream. And we would fish in the local lagoons.

Got it....

I was lucky growing up that I was on the ragged edge of rural much my life.

Ours was the last house in the last subdivision before the open fields, railroad tracks and hills. The only rule was "get home by dinner".

Later moved to the edges of Florida swamps and fields...

BB gun, bike and a long afternoon.

Got it....

I was lucky growing up that I was on the ragged edge of rural much my life.

Ours was the last house in the last subdivision before the open fields, railroad tracks and hills. The only rule was "get home by dinner".

Later moved to the edges of Florida swamps and fields...

BB gun, bike and a long afternoon.
Yeah, I had a cousin with your situation - the first in a new subdivision out in the cornfields. I spent a lot of weekends out there. I spent time during the summers on a farm, also. Now that was an awesome experience, especially the animals.

But think of it, could you imagine a kid walking around in the city or the suburbs with a B.B. gun today, taking pot shots at birds & squirrels? Somebody would call the cops.

And yeah, you're right about railroad tracks & yards in urban areas. My neighborhood was densely urban. Super dense. But we had the railroads right there, and that's where we built our forts, hunted, climbed trees, and played. I can't tell you how much that enriched my city-boy experience, giving me an alternative to streets, alleys, and rooftops.

Nonsense a big hard bar is always useful!

It can be very useful, but usually not necessary. A manly/masculine man can make a tree dance to his tune with a small bar.

:thumbs:

And alcohol. Can't forget that. All male bonding endeavors involve the prodigious consumption of the nectar of life!
Depends on the type for me. Can't stand grain based alcohol. Fruit and honey based are good for me, as long as it's not dry.

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

[Drawdown View Post
I have never heard anyone call a bar a "blade" on a chainsaw. Is this a regional thing or are you virtue signaling?

How would calling it a blade be virtue signaling?

He just learned a new term and is figuring out how to use it.

Depends on the type for me. Can't stand grain based alcohol. Fruit and honey based are good for me, as long as it's not dry.

Distillers in Paso Robles, Temecula Valley and other areas are creating grape based Vodka and other hard spirits. One distiller was told they could not call it "Whiskey" so it is called "e". To my uneducated palate their Whiskey, Rye Whiskey and Gin were spot on compared to non-grape counterparts.

fc41700837b64b1b35c7985bd8b90318.jpg

Operating a chainsaw.

Look at the blade on that m.f.

I bet it could carve neatly through a person.

You have not used a chainsaw, have you? Hint: to carve right through someone, they would have to hold still. Chainsaws do slow you down a bit, especially one that size.

You have not used a chainsaw, have you? Hint: to carve right through someone, they would have to hold still. Chainsaws do slow you down a bit, especially one that size.
Yes.

The cutting chain chips away at the wood, bit by bit. Going through human body material and bone it rips more than cuts.

Anyone that has used one would know that the 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' where the saw cuts through metal and blasting through walls is bull****.

Interesting. I guess I'll practice on some logs before I take on body disposal.

I'm going to have to disagree with the "neatly" part. Make sure to lay down some plastic sheeting.

I think exactly makes man masculine how many women he have.

I must be doing good with two wives then, not to mention the occasional GF.

Maybe leadership in a relation with a woman.

One form of leadership is for he man to formulate several options, with pros and cons, and discuss the issue with the woman, encouraging her to express her opinions on the options he has defined.

I could probably do better at writing up decisions and ideas on options, do as to keep ideas on things handy, to review and expand.

Yes.

The cutting chain chips away at the wood, bit by bit. Going through human body material and bone it rips more than cuts.

Anyone that has used one would know that the 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' where the saw cuts through metal and blasting through walls is bull****.

We saw the original “Texas Chain Saw Massacre” in a theater. A few weeks later we were in Ocean City, MD for a week of vacation. There was a “Haunted House” on the boardwalk. After waiting our turn, we were led on a tour of the house. The last thing before exiting was a circular staircase down to the exit level. As a few people had gotten down the steps, a guy runs out of the shadows with a running chain saw. It had no chain installed, but it was very, very effective!

A few weeks later we were in Ocean City, MD for a week of vacation. There was a “Haunted House” on the boardwalk.

My back yard! I think they are still running the Haunted House, but it's all automated now.

Roaming Millennial Explains Effeminacy through her work at Evie magazine, which is pretty under-appreciated and I wanted to share it around. Her points on effeminate men were intriguing and genuinely enjoyable to read. Now she goes by Lauren Chen, but she'll always be Roaming Millennial to me.
9IemQpTkbP0
Imo; masculinity is defined as:

Confidant, courteous, courageous, conservative and mentally & physically fit.

The last thing I need is a tree-hugging cry-baby weakling in search of safety-nets.

And I seriously can't imagine there being a lot of women that would disagree with me.

But imo; effeminacy is definitely not/no-way/never, masculine...It is gay...in closet or out.

Something that most of us know, but some won't admit.....It's one of those silly PC taboos.

Btw;
I liked the video, WaPo.....I even saved the web site. (y)

Back
Top Bottom