• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Exactly is AOC Doing?

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Could it be possible that AOC is the outside-renegade that is so desperately needed in Washington? Could it be possible that she is a new blend of politics that has principles and stands by them, but also has fun doing it?

Or does she have a secret agenda to take control of the democratic party (and the WH) by manipulating the media and spreading a progressive message that the Dems will have to adopt?

My guess? She's trying to get the MAGA troll incels back over to the Democrats side, and it just might work if she keeps it up.

Besides for her usual trolling/take-downs, she has even stepped up her media game from that. She's in Congress for how many days now and she has already done the following:

Meanwhile all Trump does is eat hamberders and tweet 30 freaking times per day.

Miss Ocasio-Cortez is likely to be doing whatever her handlers at Justice Democrats tell her to do. She's the media avatar of half a dozen far left activist groups. She's what happens when Cenk Uygur and Bernie Sanders meet Tom Steyer's wallet.

She is scaring the **** out of the GOP and the right because here we have a young likeable female minority candidate.. something the GOP in its current condition can not attract and demographics are catching up with the GOP.

What Exactly is AOC Doing?

Dont know; but as it does not seem to be affecting my life, I dont really care.

Could it be possible that AOC is the outside-renegade that is so desperately needed in Washington? Could it be possible that she is a new blend of politics that has principles and stands by them, but also has fun doing it?

Or does she have a secret agenda to take control of the democratic party (and the WH) by manipulating the media and spreading a progressive message that the Dems will have to adopt?

My guess? She's trying to get the MAGA troll incels back over to the Democrats side, and it just might work if she keeps it up.

Besides for her usual trolling/take-downs, she has even stepped up her media game from that. She's in Congress for how many days now and she has already done the following:

Meanwhile all Trump does is eat hamberders and tweet 30 freaking times per day.

She seems more like a teaching assistant, to a professor, who is being kept busy with the odd things the professor tries to avoid.

She's being young.

Seems to me she is voicing her opinions and ideas. Oh, I get it now, that's why the GOP doesn't like her, she has ideas and wants to govern.

She appears to be grabbing as much of her 15 minutes as possible. Trumpsters have helped her to get those 15 minutes. Bigly.

NeverTrumpGOP, my un-humble opinion is as individual entities become subject to increased rates of taxes, logical self-justifications for legal and/or illegal tax avoidance or evasion similarly increase.
When aggregate, (i.e. local through federal) tax rates upon individual's revenues or net incomes exceed a fifth, it's more serious.
As total tax rates begin to approach the half way mark, that point where the governments have equal or greater than individuals' vested interest in themselves, there begins drastically detrimental social and economic consequences.

I suspect that rather than individual's total revenues or net incomes 50% “tipping point”, the tipping point for sales taxes would be lesser rates.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's advocating 70% tax upon anything has undermined her own and the Democratic caucasus's credibility. She's reduced the possibility to achieve what she professes to be her own and/or what's the consensus of Democrats' goals.

Respectfully, Supposn

Its okay to be factually incorrect about an issue so long as you think you're morally superior. The ends justify the means! :roll:

No. Long answer: LOL no.

/thread.

She appears to be grabbing as much of her 15 minutes as possible. Trumpsters have helped her to get those 15 minutes. Bigly.

because they know how much it will backfire on her. Even the media is having to call her out on her 'facts'. Having her be the face of the new democrat party is exactly the right strategy for trump.

She is scaring the **** out of the GOP and the right because here we have a young likeable female minority candidate.. something the GOP in its current condition can not attract and demographics are catching up with the GOP.

dude....trumpers talk about her because they WANT her to be the face of the democrat party. She's the sarah palin of the democrats, no one is going to vote for them if they continue to cover for her. This is all trump's strategy, and democrat supporters on social media are taking the bait! LOVE it!

Trying hard. Good on her.

PeteEU,that true when she's sensible. But when she speaks nonsense,she's a gift to the opposing party.
Its not quite the same thing as Trump's twitters. Trump brings Republicans the power of the President's oval office;
a single vote in the House chamber cannot compensate for the political harm due to AOC's 70% tax rate remark.

Respectfully, Supposn
NeverTrumpGOP,...Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's advocating 70% tax upon anything has undermined her own and the Democratic caucasus's credibility. She's reduced the possibility to achieve what she professes to be her own and/or what's the consensus of Democrats' goals. ...

Back
Top Bottom