• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What english sounds like to foreigners

Kernel Sanders

Norville Rogers
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This video has been popping up lately. I thought it was fascinating and that some people here might too. The song is called Prisencolinensinainciusol by Adriano Celentano and is from 1972. The whole thing is gibberish designed to sound the way that english does to non-speakers

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZXcRqFmFa8"]YouTube- What American English sounds like to non-English speakers[/ame]

In normal speech I've heard that english sounds basically like simlish (for anybody who has played The Sims)

That was every bit as understandable as some of the bands I listen to.

I dig it . . . love the dancing.
I kept expecting someone to sing 'Iza gazirls yizo hizak mizo izak'

this may seem weird, but english still sounds the same if you don't understand it, it just has no meaning

I seen this while I was looking through the comedy section on YouTube. Funny stuff indeed :cool:

this may seem weird, but english still sounds the same if you don't understand it, it just has no meaning

I think the point is that the video simulates to english speakers what it sounds like to those who don't understand it. The 'language' sounds about the same, but there's no meaning.

I don't see how they can say this sounds like American English I heard a very destint English/Welsh sounding in that not even close to what us Yanks sound like.

Back
Top Bottom