• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Else Can be Said...

AlabamaPaul

Pragmatist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
We held our son last night for both the first and last times. The hour and a half his mother and I spent with him was both the happiest and saddest time of our lives. He came into this world too soon and left even sooner. We will never forget the time we got to spend with him. Please help me keep my promise to my son to take care of his mother in these times. —

attachment.php

This was an excerpt of an email received by family. Please keep all three in your thoughts...

We held our son last night for both the first and last times. The hour and a half his mother and I spent with him was both the happiest and saddest time of our lives. He came into this world too soon and left even sooner. We will never forget the time we got to spend with him. Please help me keep my promise to my son to take care of his mother in these times. —

attachment.php

This was an excerpt of an email received by family. Please keep all three in your thoughts...

Lordy. I am so sorry for these parents.

attachment.php

Omg Paul, I am sooooo sorry to hear about this. I am just heartbroken for you and for your wife, and the family as well, although I don't know them. I will keep you all in my thoughts and in my prayers, and wish you as much peace as possible in this extremely trying time of all of your lives. Bless you.

Last edited:
They have just joined, unfortunately, the world's most exclusive club.

Now is not the time, but at some point receiving TCF (The Compassionate Friends, an international self-help group for bereaved parents) newsletters may be of great help: Home Page

They have just joined, unfortunately, the world's most exclusive club.

Now is not the time, but at some point receiving TCF (The Compassionate Friends, an international self-help group for bereaved parents) newsletters may be of great help: Home Page

I'm not sure why I felt the need to share this, but thank you.

And thank you all for your support...

attachment.php

What a terrible, terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to this grieving family. No parent should face such a devastating loss. :(

attachment.php

I can't see the attachment. It just looks like a tiny green box. I don't know if it's just me because I've been having a hard time today with the site.

I can't see it either.

I'm so sorry for their loss, Paul. So sad.

*and Chris, I don't see anything, either.

attachment.php

Hopefully you can repost this because some of us can't see it and really don't know what it's all about. :)

Hopefully you can repost this because some of us can't see it and really don't know what it's all about. :)

This is the photo that went with the post...

pj.jpg

Thank you for posting it again. :)

I'm sorry. Was this your child? Gosh, if it was, I'm terribly, terribly sorry for your loss. I didn't realize that.

No, it was my daughter's soon to be son...

attachment.php

You scared me, V1.1, thinking it was you and your wife, but it's no less tragic knowing it's someone else. I'm no longer a religious man, but at such times I always hope that there is some deeper, unknown reason for such pain and sadness in this at times infuriating world. Take care.

You scared me, V1.1, thinking it was you and your wife, but it's no less tragic knowing it's someone else. I'm no longer a religious man, but at such times I always hope that there is some deeper, unknown reason for such pain and sadness in this at times infuriating world. Take care.

Religion has nothing to do with pain jcj. I find myself crying like a baby over what the children must be feeling. I was fortunate enough not to have experienced this kind of pain before now...

Religion has nothing to do with pain jcj. I find myself crying like a baby over what the children must be feeling. I was fortunate enough not to have experienced this kind of pain before now...

I can't imagine how difficult this is for the young couple and you and your wife as grandparents - I'm sure both of you had planned out much of your grandson's life going forward and your involvement in it and birth is such a joyous event for both parents and grandparents and it just seems so unfair to have that ripped away. One blessing, I suppose, would be that the child had limited suffering and at least had the connection outside the womb with mom and dad even if it was for such a brief time. You and your family will definitely be in my thoughts.

I can't imagine how difficult this is for the young couple and you and your wife as grandparents - I'm sure both of you had planned out much of your grandson's life going forward and your involvement in it and birth is such a joyous event for both parents and grandparents and it just seems so unfair to have that ripped away. One blessing, I suppose, would be that the child had limited suffering and at least had the connection outside the womb with mom and dad even if it was for such a brief time. You and your family will definitely be in my thoughts.

The ironic part of this is that our other daughter announces pregnancies with T-shirts, and guess what we received this week, along with her sister. I'm not sure any of this makes sense at the moment, but it is what it is...

The ironic part of this is that our other daughter announces pregnancies with T-shirts, and guess what we received this week, along with her sister. I'm not sure any of this makes sense at the moment, but it is what it is...

I guess that signifies that life stops for nobody, including death. It certainly will make it more complicated for both daughters and hopefully this loss won't stop your grieving daughter from trying again when the time is right.

Back
Top Bottom