• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What doss this show about russian military?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The Russian military sent in a 40 mile line convoy to take the Capital of Ukraine. Just one problem is that they have blocked that road for forty miles and now many vehicles in the convoy have run out of fuel and food, something that seems to have happened before in the Russian's invasion of Ukraine. The problem is that with the road blocked by their own vehicles and the land around the roads so soft that vehicles can not use the sides of the roads to bring fuel and food forward, the whole convy has been stuck for days. I suspect that they will find some way out of the bind, but it does not say much about the strength or planning by the Russian military. If the Ukrainian army had more of our portable tank killing rockets, the Russians would have lost half their invading army in just this one convoy

I was reading today that one of their main problems was tires. Yep, Russia buys cheap-ass tires from China.
China makes a large tire that resembles a Michelin. ...made for heavy-duty trucks. It's akin to a plastic knife versus fine Sheffield steel. :)

I was reading today that one of their main problems was tires. Yep, Russia buys cheap-ass tires from China.
China makes a large tire that resembles a Michelin. ...made for heavy-duty trucks. It's akin to a plastic knife versus fine Sheffield steel. :)
Incredible. Based China, undermining Russian military aggression.

If you buy into Putin's rhetoric about Ukraine's right to self determination, Russia technically made the grave error of going to war with Russia during the winter.
It's been known to happen.

I think this can't be stressed enough. Military performance cannot be divorced from strategic and policy decisions.

Despite many people whining about the premature demise of the U.S. military, we have a military that is extremely capable. The fact that we could not "win" in places like Afghanistan is not a function of deficient capability, technology, or doctrine, but rather that our POLICY decisions are crap. We are fighting wars that should never have been fought and were never good ideas to begin with.

In the same way, Putin sent his forces into a meat grinder that should never have happened in the first place, and planning/logistics/capabilities aside, this war would have been disastrous for Russia no matter how "good" their forces are. It simply isn't a fight they can win in the long run. I'm not even sure if it's something that's worth "winning."

Some wars are just stupid ideas that aren't meant to the fought in the first place, and Americans should know that better than anyone.

https://www.theonion.com/u-s-shocked-russia-would-invade-another-country-after-1848590786

If you buy into Putin's rhetoric about Ukraine's right to self determination, Russia technically made the grave error of going to war with Russia during the winter.
And we all know the two winningest Russian generals ever were named January and February.

I guess it proves two things:

1. They make commercials that people on this forum really like.

2. Their real world performance is wanting.

Back
Top Bottom