• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What does Zimmerman deserve?

Vote:

• Total voters

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
What sentence would you give him?

Yes, I know it's not over yet. From what you know already...... vote. :)

Last edited:
No way for me to answer, as I have not seen all of the evidence presented in court.

Also, the defense has not yet completed their presentation.

I pray that the judicial system is open, hones, and fair.

I also pray that the jury makes their decision based upon the evidence, not upon expected public opinion.

Sorry, but this is the best that I can do.

10-15 out out in five for good behavior...for being a lying SOB.

No way for me to answer, as I have not seen all of the evidence presented in court.

Also, the defense has not yet completed their presentation.

I pray that the judicial system is open, hones, and fair.

I also pray that the jury makes their decision based upon the evidence, not upon expected public opinion.

Sorry, but this is the best that I can do.

We know...

Last edited:
That would be "no jail time".

Well, there are scenarios where he could be convicted of something, and not serve any jail time at all, ie; probation, time served, etc. So, I thought actually writing acquittal would be a better option.

Based on available evidence, I have trouble envisioning any legitimate scenario where he is guilty of Murder2.

Manslaughter, possibly... even that is iffy. Very iffy.

I am not sure what else he could be found guilty of, since dumbassery isn't a crime in and of itself...

What sentence would you give him?

Yes, I know it's not over yet. From what you know already...... vote. :)
T's parents should pay Z's legal bills and make a public apology for raising a punk.

IMO, 4 hours in the stockade with plenty of fresh vegetables available to throw at him for the townsfolk... no wait... rotten vegetables.

And a mandatory dunce hat.

It's a foreign concept to you, as I used intelligence and common sense.

You didn't answer to OP's question, why even bother responding? AW?

The question is what does he deserve... Under the law, that's easy, no jail time. I can't speak to anything else.

Based on available evidence, I have trouble envisioning any legitimate scenario where he is guilty of Murder2.

Manslaughter, possibly... even that is iffy. Very iffy.

I am not sure what else he could be found guilty of, since dumbassery isn't a crime in and of itself...

Having no evidence, I tend to agree with this.

He made some stupid decisions financially afterwords, but I have yet to see anything that indicates his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

I do hope that the jury has the guts to vote based upon evidence presented.

In these parts, the nod goes to the shooter in a SD situation unless evidence indicates otherwise.

Frankly, the grand jury should have no billed him, from what I have seen.

T's parents should pay Z's legal bills and make a public apology for raising a punk.

IIRC he, his wife and his father have grown rather wealthy from this ordeal. No source for that information, too lazy to google.

You didn't answer to OP's question, why even bother responding? AW?

Spend your time harassing someone else who actually cares about your childish comments.

Having no evidence, I tend to agree with this.

He made some stupid decisions financially afterwords, but I have yet to see anything that indicates his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

I do hope that the jury has the guts to vote based upon evidence presented.

In these parts, the nod goes to the shooter in a SD situation unless evidence indicates otherwise.

Frankly, the grand jury should have no billed him, from what I have seen.

I believe Angela Corey took it away from the Grand Jury before the Grand Jury could have a chance to let him off.

Last edited:
I believe Angela Corey took it away from the Grand Jury before the Grand Jury had a chance to let him off.

Obviously, unlike some, I have not been following the case much at all.

That is a crock of legal sleight-of-hand garbage. Figures.

IIRC he, his wife and his father have grown rather wealthy from this ordeal. No source for that information, too lazy to google.

All I found quickly was 1) ~$1M from homeowners assoc from civil lawsuit and 2) they trademarked his name.

Usually I see DUI / automotive manslaughter and manslaughter pay quite a lot less for lost lives.

It seems odd that the HOE settled the case prior to the criminal trial.

Found innocent of any crime and be free to go on his way.

Found innocent of any crime and be free to go on his way.

Unfortunately, no matter what the verdict, Zimmerman will never be free to go his own way again.

Unfortunately, no matter what the verdict, Zimmerman will never be free to go his own way again.

That's very true. And unlike Casey Anthony, I feel sorry for him.

That's very true. And unlike Casey Anthony, I feel sorry for him.

I think it's an unfortunate situation for him, but I don't feel sorry for him. He did everything in his power to take the law into his own hands. He didn't need to follow Trayvon, he didn't need to get out of his car. Frankly, he didn't even need to call the police. But instead, he acted like a police officer, so whatever came of it was entirely his own doing. What did he think was going to happen?

I'd give him a few years in jail for manslaughter, but here's what I would say: he should never be allowed to own a gun throughout the rest of his life. He's shown he can't be trusted with a weapon, because he thinks it gives him the right to play pretend policeman.

I think it's an unfortunate situation for him, but I don't feel sorry for him. He did everything in his power to take the law into his own hands. He didn't need to follow Trayvon, he didn't need to get out of his car. Frankly, he didn't even need to call the police. But instead, he acted like a police officer, so whatever came of it was entirely his own doing. What did he think was going to happen?

I'd give him a few years in jail for manslaughter, but here's what I would say: he should never be allowed to own a gun throughout the rest of his life. He's shown he can't be trusted with a weapon, because he thinks it gives him the right to play pretend policeman.

That may be the most accurate posting here. I don't think he intended at all to go out that night and pop some thug. Really believe he got himself way over his head pretending to be a cop. If this was a real policeman this would have never escalated this far.
A policeman can stop you on the street and ask where you been and where you are going and you are going to answer him Yes Sir. Some guy hopping out of a car in civilian clothes asking me that and I am going to tell him to go to hell.

Back
Top Bottom