• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What does Zimmerman deserve?

Vote:

• Total voters
I will defer until we find out whether he is guilty or not.

Hi Cap. :2wave:

I know that as of late, we don't agree on much, but I think your statement here, as well as other threads in which you posted on are admirable.

Your post has so much fail...it's ridiculous

The *legal* aspect trumps your moral inclinations

I've know Di for a long time on these interwebs, and she is not a person prone to "fails" all that often, but although we do disagree from time to time, she is expressing her opinion. One that I think a lot of people make a simple mistake on...She is melding her emotional, and moral opinion with the law, and the facts of the case.

It is note worthy that we can never predict how juries will deliberate either, they may do the same. We won't know until that day when the verdict is read. Now I think that Di is making a decision on an emotional appeal, but beyond that there is a segment that believes that which she believes.

What I would do based on the evidence I've seen so far and what I think the jury will do are two very different things. I would like to see him held responsible for his part... getting out of the car, following the "f-ing punk" who was "up to no good" thereby initiating the cause of the confrontation that resulted in TM's death. I'd convict of a lesser charge and give him 2-5 yrs (presuming no new exculpatory evidence is presented this week, beyond the "TM was a druggie and a thug" crap that I hope won't be put in front of a jury).

I personally think that given Florida's SYG law, which basically seems to convey that all one has to do to blow someone away anywhere in the state at any time is to simply say "I feared for my life", is that GZ will be acquitted.

Let me ask ONE question. I'll ignore your OPINIONS of what happened are in NO way shape or form supported by the evidence in the case. I'll even IGNORE the fact you are unaware Florida's SYG law is NOT what the defense is claiming, but self defense. You seem to think because GZ got out of his car, and even with HEARING him say "ok" when the NEN operator told him "we don't need you to do that", you STILL believe based on PURE personal bias unsupported by FACTS of the case, GZ "hunted" down TM and started a physical altercation.

Here's the one question. If TM did not have the intention of confronting this "creepy ass cracker" when he told Janteel GZ was "following" him, why didn't he just go straight home?

Oops one more question, REGARDLESS of what you think of GZ's actions, even if you too believe him to be a "creepy ass cracker" that deserves to be jailed......for nothing other than ......apparently ...being a "creepy ass cracker", would TM be alive today had he just went home?

Hi Cap. :2wave:

I know that as of late, we don't agree on much, but I think your statement here, as well as other threads in which you posted on are admirable.

Well, agree with me or not J-mac, you have always been one of my favorite poster's to read here at DP. Thank you for your kind words.

Anyone change their mind or want to add their vote?

Back
Top Bottom