• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What does the red bar on the edge of certain threads mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Baron

Knight in Shining Armor
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
What does it mean when there is a red bar running vertically down a thread, like:

1660059251673.png

I think it shows which forum you're in.

I could be totally wrong but I think if you're in the breaking news forum it has that color on the left hand side.
That's my understanding also. That it's an indicator that you're in a stricter and more moderated section of the forum.

Grip...... post #5....has it right.

I was in the Theology section.
If you noticed I generally respond to your posts in skepticism and beliefs. I have however learned not to go into the theology forum, too much of a chance of getting hit with points because the super religious don't like any opposing posts to their beliefs.

If you noticed I generally respond to your posts in skepticism and beliefs. I have however learned not to go into the theology forum, too much of a chance of getting hit with points because the super religious don't like any opposing posts to their beliefs.
It is nice to attempt to have an intelligent conversation without the typical, militant bigots spewing forth their hateful venom. It does make it easier to attempt a more civil conversation.

I believe it means you're marked for summary execution. Most of my friends saw that right before they were disappeared. I'd get under a bed, or sumthin.

It is nice to attempt to have an intelligent conversation without the typical, militant bigots spewing forth their hateful venom. It does make it easier to attempt a more civil conversation.
As soon as you can prove to me your god exists, I'll concede. Should I expect him, her or it to come a knockin' at my door anytime soon? All of your beliefs are based on one book written by different people well after the jesus dude died and we know right off the top many of the stories are not true so why believe any of it?

It's like folks who insist the election was stolen from trump yet have zero proof, that's how I view religious beliefs concerning the bible. Prove it to me and I'll shut up. No using bible quotes.

As soon as you can prove to me your god exists, I'll concede. Should I expect him, her or it to come a knockin' at my door anytime soon? All of your beliefs are based on one book written by different people well after the jesus dude died and we know right off the top many of the stories are not true so why believe any of it?

It's like folks who insist the election was stolen from trump yet have zero proof, that's how I view religious beliefs concerning the bible. Prove it to me and I'll shut up. No using bible quotes.
An intelligent conversation among Believers does not require incessant demands to "Prove It!" from un-Believers. If I wanted a thread to tackle every question by un-Believers the I would have certainly started one.

Yes, it can be so bothersome when ones every word is dissected by those who haven't had the same degree of brainwashing.

An intelligent conversation among Believers does not require incessant demands to "Prove It!" from un-Believers. If I wanted a thread to tackle every question by un-Believers the I would have certainly started one.
It would be so much easier if you actually could prove it, huh.....

Which is why I did not respond to your theology question. If y'all want to have your beliefs petted by others who have the same beliefs, have at it, just don't expect us non believers to agree.

I want people to challenge my beliefs so I don't understand others who don't.

Question asked and answered. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom