• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What does someone have to do to be rejected as a candidate by the republican party?

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

PatriotTakes

@patriottakes

Clark County School Board candidate John Carlo: “Homosexuals can’t procreate. This goes against our Constitution.”

0:20
133K views

2:35 PM · Apr 17, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Retweets

Quote Tweets

"I believe the Constitution. I believe in our — our — the way our founding fathers believed in this country: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That means that homosexuals cannot procreate. This goes against our Constitution and this goes against what parents want in the school district."

--John Carlo (still a Republican candidate in Nevada)

A school board candidate in Nevada has been caught on video saying that being gay is unconstitutional because gay people cannot procreate.

John Carlo is running for school board in Clark County in Nevada, the county that includes Las Vegas. In video posted to Twitter by Patriot Takes, a group monitoring the far right, he is seen speaking at a church, holding up the children’s book King & King, about two young male royals who fall in love with each other. The book and others like it shouldn’t be used in schools, he says.

John Carlo, who was filmed speaking at a church saying that the U.S. Constitution demands Americans procreate. He explained that because homosexuals can't give birth that they are unconstitutional. He did not address whether heterosexual couples who are unable to have children are also "unconstitutional" under his definition.

"I believe the Constitution. I believe in our — our — the way our founding fathers believed in this country: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," he said, mistaking the Constitution for the Declaration of Independence. "That means that homosexuals cannot procreate. This goes against our Constitution and this goes against what parents want in the school district, and this is only one book out of thousands."

His complaint was about a book in a school library that he said made homosexuality acceptable.

There are three seats open on the seven-member Clark County School Board, and several candidates are running for each. The primary will be held June 14 and the general election November 8.

What would it take to be rejected as a candidate by the Republican party?

Let me think...

Theft? No...

Rape? No...

Homosexuality? No...

Pedophilia? No ....

Sedition? No ....

Listen. I got nothing. There's no bottom to those guys anymore. Even the things they claim to hate, they still get away with.

PatriotTakes
@patriottakes

Clark County School Board candidate John Carlo: “Homosexuals can’t procreate. This goes against our Constitution.”

0:20
133K views

2:35 PM · Apr 17, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Retweets
Quote Tweets
"I believe the Constitution. I believe in our — our — the way our founding fathers believed in this country: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That means that homosexuals cannot procreate. This goes against our Constitution and this goes against what parents want in the school district."

--John Carlo (still a Republican candidate in Nevada)

Holy shit. This may sound disingenuous, but I'm not really into politics that much. Lol. Really. I love this board, and I am a news junkie, but I couldn't tell you who the mayor of Reno is if you paid me.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to check this guy out.

Clark County. Smh. The guy is toast. They'd love him in Elko, and toned-down he'd have a chance up here, but Vegas is what makes Nevada blue. He's toast.

It's fascinating how those that so strongly support democracy are so often the same ones that decry "undesirables" running for office. Being free means that sometimes you're going to get bad outcomes. If you're unwilling to accept that then you really don't care about freedom.

Just not be bigoted, Taliban shitty human being like the GOP base

one congressional candidate just said he wanted Fauci in front of a firing squad and the crowd of inbred Taliban shitheads cheered

It's fascinating how those that so strongly support democracy are so often the same ones that decry "undesirables" running for office. Being free means that sometimes you're going to get bad outcomes. If you're unwilling to accept that then you really don't care about freedom.
AMEN, but trying to convince most on the left of that is like talking to a wall.

So you're undecided. And you don't think that's flat endorsement. Your post is bigoted crap. Cowardly bigoted crap.
Nope, I think it is letting people think for themselves.

Just not be bigoted, Taliban shitty human being like the GOP base

one congressional candidate just said he wanted Fauci in front of a firing squad and the crowd of inbred Taliban shitheads cheered
Surprised? And they wonder why the left doesn't want to be on a social media platform with those sick ***s. Deplorables was too kind..

Surprised? And they wonder why the left doesn't want to be on a social media platform with those sick ***s. Deplorables was too kind..
Yet here you are with many of the members on here who you think are deplorables? why is that?

What would it take to be rejected as a candidate by the Republican party?

Let me think...

Theft? No...

Rape? No...

Homosexuality? No...

Pedophilia? No ....

Sedition? No ....

Listen. I got nothing. There's no bottom to those guys anymore. Even the things they claim to hate, they still get away with.
Downright dumb as a tree stump? A plus in the GOP.

It's not a game of dice.

The question is where does it stop? It's not about outcomes. It's about the delusions of Republicans. Cringeworthy. How the hell can anyone vote for someone that makes normal, well-adjusted, non-hateful people cringe?

Saying that "the left" is not evil would do the trick.

Used to be crossing Trump was the trick, and it still is in any number of areas. But that finally - maybe - seems to be waning. A number of races have to play out before a better guess can be made.

Nonsensical comment.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with criticizing a political candidate for anti-American/constitutional rhetoric.

It's not a game of dice.

The question is where does it stop? It's not about outcomes. It's about the delusions of Republicans. Cringeworthy. How the hell can anyone vote for someone that makes normal, well-adjusted, non-hateful people cringe?
LOL, you mean progs? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You're now equating the desire NOT to have deplorables in government as being "anti-freedom"?
That's absurd.

It does fit this narrative though. There is no bottom to what you'd support is there? After all, its all in the name of free-dumb right?

That's your problem. The rest of know that reality isn't a matter of opinion.
That's your problem. Some think that their reality is the only reality. They are stuck!

The fear seems to be that some republicant candidate, who is really ‘icky’ in every imaginable way, might beat the obviously far superior demorat candidate in an election. In order to save democracy, such allegedly inferior competition must be prevented from ever appearing on the ballot.

Back
Top Bottom