• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What does someone have to do to be rejected as a candidate by the republican party?

That's your problem. Some think that their reality is the only reality. They are stuck!
Oooooookay. Do you intentionally spout nonsense or is this a condition?

The earth isn't flat, and you're not the center of the universe, regardless of what you think Trump told you. Deal.

The fear seems to be that some republicant candidate, who is really ‘icky’ in every imaginable way, might beat the obviously far superior demorat candidate in an election. In order to save democracy, such allegedly inferior competition must be prevented from ever appearing on the ballot.
Who’s trying to prevent Carlo from appearing on the ballot?

Nonsensical comment.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with criticizing a political candidate for anti-American/constitutional rhetoric.
Criticizing a candidate and preventing a given candidate from running are two different things.

Oooooookay. Do you intentionally spout nonsense or is this a condition?

The earth isn't flat, and you're not the center of the universe, regardless of what you think Trump told you. Deal.
LOL, you are making me the center...funny stuff!

Criticizing a candidate and preventing a given candidate from running are two different things.
not in the "all or nothing" world of the progressive left.

After all, if you have ANY criticisms of a minority member, even if its not ABOUT them being a minority member, per se, you're a racist.

if you have any disagreement with the way progressives think things should be done , you are a fascist.

YOU MUST follow the PARTY LINE, comrade!

You, as a matter of routine, criticize Dem/lib politicians. Criticizing Dems/libs for doing the same is hypocritical.

Get it, now?
No, I don't get it now. Each side criticizes.

preach equality.

You have no clue what I think. Apparently, you have no clue. This is real boring, Queenie. No wonder you're lonely.
Why do you think I am lonely? Oh, talking to you....

Who’s trying to prevent Carlo from running?

Even if some were trying to prevent Carlo from running, as long as they did so in accordance with the law, there’s no problem.

Nope, I think it is letting people think for themselves.

That's a lie. You know damn well that "let them decide" is endorsing the claim. You choose to take a cowardly avenue of supporting the claim quoted in the OP.

This is a debate website and you have supported the claim quoted in the OP. You can be a coward about it all you want and it will not change the fact.

The fear seems to be that some republicant candidate, who is really ‘icky’ in every imaginable way, might beat the obviously far superior demorat candidate in an election. In order to save democracy, such allegedly inferior competition must be prevented from ever appearing on the ballot.
Right. And if we can prohibit candidates expressing "Ideology A" from running then we can certainly prohibit any other candidate expressing any other ideology from running...as long as we hold a majority of the votes to do such a thing. That is the definition of "mob rule" and it's a long, LONG way from anything based on freedom.

Actually, let me talk about "freedom" too. We seem to be experiencing a significant division regarding the meaning of "freedom". On one side we've got people talking about freedom on individual terms, meaning that each individual should be free to make decisions based on their own interests. On the other side we've got people talking about freedom on personal terms, meaning that they don't feel free if someone else's freedom negatively impacts their own freedom. Government, designed to preserve the former definition of freedom, must provide an equal platform for all all citizens to seek mediation when there is disagreement. Government, seeking to preserve the latter definition, must be coercive and effectively "choose sides for the greater good".

That's a lie. You know damn well that "let them decide" is endorsing the claim. You choose to take a cowardly avenue of supporting the claim.
Don't tell me I lie.

Who’s trying to prevent Carlo from running?
Nobody, of course. The OP spanned two posts, and not a word about preventing anyone from running.

I hate to keep going back to this, but what we're seeing is classic narcissistic defense mechanism in action. It can be observed daily, here, at work, next door, at family gatherings; when pressed with uncomfortable questions, a narcissist's mind finds ways to escape the dissonance.

Even if some were trying to prevent Carlo from running, as long as they did so in accordance with the law, there’s no problem.

No, I don't get it now. Each side criticizes.
You agreed with @NatMorton’s hypocritical criticism of Dems/libs criticizing a Republican candidate, knowing that you also routinely criticize Dem/lib politicians.

That makes you a big ‘ol hypocrite.
A24AF5DB-800E-49E6-BAD3-BB2DEE9B6AD9.jpeg

That's your problem. Some think that their reality is the only reality. They are stuck!
That y’all are. You’ve been conditioned to only accept information from one mediasphere and reject all others.

We really don’t want to do the things you’ve been told we want to do, but there is no way to prove that to you.

Somebody really got what they paid for.

Back
Top Bottom