• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What does religion spread more of love or hate?

Waht do you - WHAT DO ANY OF YOU - know about love or hate? Nothing.

What do you - what do any of you - know about love or hate?

"Love is patient; love is kind. Love does not envy; is not boastful; is not conceited; does not act improperly; is not selfish; is not provoked; does not keep a record of wrongs; finds no joy in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends."

-1 Corinthians 13:4-8

How's that?

sebastiansdreams said:
"Love is patient; love is kind. Love does not envy; is not boastful; is not conceited; does not act improperly; is not selfish; is not provoked; does not keep a record of wrongs; finds no joy in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends."

-1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is higher than a mountian; thicker than water...
-Andy Gibb

Originally Posted by CanadianGuy
The true message is the golden rule and the ten commandments and that is all
you must do stay a good person and get into heaven.

The tenth commandment (god's revised edition): "Thou shalt not seethe a kid in
its mother’s milk" (Exodus 34:26).

Exactly the sort of rule we need today to live a moral and just life.

religion only spreads hate because people have to debate and fight over whose religion is better or "correct". If people could just agree to disagree we would be a lot better off. If they can't do that then conflict will never end.

Religion is a man-made concoction to rule over other men. It may be said to provide a framework for the "meaning of life" but it is at its heart evil and in time modern man will discard religion as a relic of the past. Having said this, I am agnostic myself. I simply don't have enough facts to know where life or time began. It is simply too difficult a subject to get my mind around. No one really knows. But the bottom line is that religion is a negative force in the world; especially the Middle East where ignorance is celebrated as a virtue.

Missouri Mule said:
But the bottom line is that religion is a negative force in the world; especially the Middle East where ignorance is celebrated as a virtue.

sorry but your attacking ignorance with ignorance

i belive love as hate is mearly what you hear about more, like it was your friend's church that knocked the temple down (id love it if you could tell me in the name of what) and not yours or meny other churches

Nemo said:
What do you - what do any of you - know about love or hate?
I think the better question is what do you know about it? Since you seem to preach on that allot.

N.Lmn said:
No. What's your point?
Point is if you dont use it with mostly everything then what gives you the right to say anything? I mean you dont use logic when you in love with someone. Its just something that cant be explained.

ghost said:
Point is if you dont use it with mostly everything then what gives you the right to say anything? I mean you dont use logic when you in love with someone. Its just something that cant be explained.

I use logic for specific functions and then, admittedly, I make impulsive or generally illogical decisions. I don't see how this means I am a hypocrite(?) or somehow no longer have the right to say anything.

N.Lmn said:
I use logic for specific functions and then, admittedly, I make impulsive or generally illogical decisions. I don't see how this means I am a hypocrite(?) or somehow no longer have the right to say anything.
Ahh but it does. You see he said that religion has no logic. And so, if religion has no logic then that mean he believes everything should have a logic. But obviously he doesnt. So why say anything if you dont back up your conceptions in the first place.

ghost said:
Ahh but it does. You see he said that religion has no logic. And so, if religion has no logic then that mean he believes everything should have a logic. But obviously he doesnt. So why say anything if you dont back up your conceptions in the first place.

Preferably, every decision a human makes (including the decision to believe or disbelieve the existence of a deity) would be informed by logic. I am merely being honest and admitting to you that some of the decisions I make are not informed by logic but emotional impulses and personal irrationalities.

Back
Top Bottom