• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What does it mean to be "pro life?"[W:156]

Your like a broken record
This is the last time im going to tell you this. I dont care what you believe. Feel free to have the last word cause im sure you need to have it

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
That you are a broken man is the conclusion one might not unreasonably might arrive at from your posts. Your attitude towards women in your replies to these posts displays a deep seated sense of inadequacy. I bet, if you can afford them, you have either a Mustang, heavy truck or some other "I am sorry for your penis" vehicle, boat, quad, etc.

"Pro-life" has nothing to do with men...save for self-centered men. It is all about men (and women controlled by men and primitive religious beliefs) controlling what a woman does with her body.

That is simply nobody's business but hers, in the final analysis.

I addressed this in post #357.

If it's only her business, then why does any man take the fall? Because men are sometimes involved in the lives of children, we believe it is good for the lives of children to force men to be a part of the children's lives.

It doesn't really make sense, but that's the way we do it. Instead of doing it the way that doesn't make sense, maybe we shouldn't force men to participate in the outcome of a decision made solely by a woman, including input from her family and healthcare provider. The family of the woman has a personal obligation. The healthcare has a professional obligation. To what extent does any individual man have an obligation to abide by a woman's decision? It is very unusual to judge an individual for the actions or decisions of a third party. The only example I can think of is judging a parent for the actions of their child, but do we send parents to jail when their children misbehave? Women are not all children, even if they lack father figures and find a daddy in their personal contract for an 18 year patron.

Another concept having to do with my interpretation of what it means to be pro life would be a generation. This is unlike the traditional "pro life" attitude which does not really permit a generation to mean anything more than a number of births versus a number of abortions. But I think the pro life position is at least in agreement with the idea that a living generation inhabits the real world, although that is of little significance to their fixation on abortion. I just saw that Clint Eastwood image macro shared on social media, and I think he's right. We are living in a "*****" generation. I am tired of sacrificing my autonomy, or my liberty, or my right to live my own life for the political correctness wanted by other members of my generation. Clint Eastwood's comments might be classified as "obscene speech." Being able to choose how I live my life and let go of an ex girlfriend is not obscene, it's my right as a member of a free society.

I addressed this in post #357.

If it's only her business, then why does any man take the fall? Because men are sometimes involved in the lives of children, we believe it is good for the lives of children to force men to be a part of the children's lives.

It is only her business as it pertains to her own medical decisions.

It is only her business as it pertains to her own medical decisions.

Ah right. So she gets to decide only her medical decisions, and let other people decide for themselves whether or not they want to be involved. Sounds fair to me. Not sure why we have to go through all this nonsense of controlling men.

Oh that's right, you want men to reciprocate because it would be "equal" if men only got to decide what to do with themselves medically.

No, year2late, it is just not the case that the woman's purpose in pregnancy is medicinal alone. She also makes decisions for herself which affect her role in society, and may eventually impact other people. Should she choose to birth the baby, she is choosing to do so within the context of society wherein various people's lives may be impacted. But she does not birth the baby "in their faces," she instead births it into a number of caretakers which might be rated according to an index of receptiveness. Who chose those ratings? Were they self assigned, or did the mother assign them? Mothers should not assign fathers who do not want to be assigned.

Back
Top Bottom