• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What does a BF-109E that spent 80 years at bottom of a frozen lake look like?

Regarding the cannon firing through the propeller shaft debate, the Messerschmitt BF-109E and some later models starting with those produced after the Battle of Britain, but not during it, had a 20mm cannon installed between the banks of the inverted Daimler V-12 and firing through the prop hub. It was able to do this because the prop was not directly connected to the engine crankshaft, but was rather spun by a reduction gear-box which offset the propellor upwards and put it in line with the cannon's gun barrel. Later some Messerschmitts used a 30mm cannon in the same place. The installation was not considered to be very effective as it was quite difficult to service and didn't allow the plane to carry much ammunition.

I hope that clears up any confusion my previous post may have caused.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Indeed.

1649444505349.png

Aircraft design to ski-bindings?

It is a special day if I can educate you!

You’re correct, up is down and left is right.

Back
Top Bottom