• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you want done with your body after you die?

What do you want done with your body after you die?

• Burial

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Cremated, ashes placed in urn

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Cremated, ashes scattered

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Other

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
I'm of the same mind as Josie. Seriously, why would I give a crap?

I'm a registered organ donor, so medicine gets first dibs. Maybe whatever's left can be picked over by science after that. And then whatever's left after all of that? Eh, throw it in the woods. Some crows and wolves will eat it.

Why should anyone waste time or money on preparing my dead body?

I don't need a funeral. My friends can go get a beer together. It'll be like the new Bill Brasky.

You know: for those who don't know or don't care - please don't leave it up to your loved ones to decide when you die. Pick something now.

My husband's sister passed away about 15 years ago at a young age of an unknown brain tumor. Dying so young - they had never discussed such circumstances or what she wanted. His family fought over what to do with her - bury or cremate. And where to do it, when to do it. It became a nasty fight in the family - they had to settle it with an arbitrator. . . in the end they left it up to my husband - and he never felt completely comfortable with his decision to cremate her.

Dont' risk that - maybe your family can figure it out if you don't tell them what to do; but I wouldn't place that emotional burden on anyone.

Last edited:
Couldn't care less, I'm dead. Throw me in a ditch, feed me to animals, it doesn't matter.

Couldn't care less, I'm dead. Throw me in a ditch, feed me to animals, it doesn't matter.

of course ,and your living form is not different from your dead body, but why do you still want to live ?

because living is not like dying..

of course ,and your living form is not different from your dead body, but why do you still want to live ?

because living is not like dying..

I'm not remotely afraid of death. Everyone dies. When it comes, it comes. I'll enjoy it while I'm here, won't miss it when I'm gone.

You know: for those who don't know or don't care - please don't leave it up to your loved ones to decide when you die. Pick something now.

My husband's sister passed away about 15 years ago at a young age of an unknown brain tumor. Dying so young - they had never discussed such circumstances or what she wanted. His family fought over what to do with her - bury or cremate. And where to do it, when to do it. It became a nasty fight in the family - they had to settle it with an arbitrator. . . in the end they left it up to my husband - and he never felt completely comfortable with his decision to cremate her.

Dont' risk that - maybe your family can figure it out if you don't tell them what to do; but I wouldn't place that emotional burden on anyone.

I wholeheartedly agree with this Auntie and you have my sympathies.

One needs to talk about it, no matter how young or remote one thinks the possibility of dying is. Aside from avoiding conflict, expressing our wishes takes the burden off the family as well. They don't have to wonder in the event of an untimely death. Planning ahead allows for the surviving family members to go forward with as few decisions as necessary.

I hesitate to mention, but I will, one should also discuss what to do in the event of total incapacitation or at least to have discussed a DNR order. These circumstances are rife for family discord. I have all these things in place for my elder family members so there is no doubt of what will be done when they pass. Though I feel fine, my wishes are well known too. :)

Let the hospital take what they can use. Cremate the rest and have the ashes toss over my ex-wife house. I figured she took everything else in the divorce. She may as well have the last thing I own on this planet.

Cremated - it's cheaper. Scatter me with my wife.

That's kind of bold if your wife isn't dead yet. That's like when a pharaoh died he'd have his servants and wives killed so they could go with him into the afterlife.

I'd like to be buried with no coffin, but I'm not sure that is allowed.

Faster I am able to rot and dissolve into the dirt, the faster part of me is reborn in the form of grass/tree/plant. And then the lions eat the grass. And then I become Simba.

Faster I am able to rot and dissolve into the dirt, the faster part of me is reborn in the form of grass/tree/plant. And then the lions eat the grass. And then I become Simba.

Actually - yes: Natural Burial in The U.S.A. » Find a Natural Burial Preserve - they're called natural burials where they avoid use of preservatives, coffins and other such things to confine you - you're taken to a preserve and interned with the elements.

My body is going to be burned, I like it like that ashes to ashes.

Edit just to say that I don't want to pollute so none of this scattered ashes for moi .

Last edited:
Actually - yes: Natural Burial in The U.S.A. » Find a Natural Burial Preserve - they're called natural burials where they avoid use of preservatives, coffins and other such things to confine you - you're taken to a preserve and interned with the elements.

Cool. I think I'd like that once the organ people are done with me. I'm fine with just being tossed out in the woods, but I imagine someone might have a problem with it if their kid stumbled on it or something.

Or grass clippings if I get to you with my Briggs & Stratton before the lions do.

Last edited:
My body is going to be burned, I like it like that ashes to ashes.

Edit just to say that I don't want to pollute so none of this scattered ashes for moi .

Don't you think it'd be cool if after death you could be a catalyst for someone's allergies?

I will donate my body parts to any trust because of my body parts can help to other peoples to live the life.

Don't you think it'd be cool if after death you could be a catalyst for someone's allergies?

Nooooooooo... I don't wanna be no catalyst for nobody! thanks but no thanks! :2razz:;)

Nooooooooo... I don't wanna be no catalyst for nobody! thanks but no thanks! :2razz:;)

How about as a catalyst for their flower garden?

I will donate my body parts to any trust because of my body parts can help to other peoples to live the life.
'The' life or 'a' life?

I only ask because I'm now wondering if receipt of your organs entails banging Jessica Alba, and partying from continent to continent, whilst driving Ferraris and sharing jacuzzis with a ceaseless catalogue of supermodels.

If so, I shouldn't be so eager to broadcast the fact, were I you.

'The' life or 'a' life?

I only ask because I'm now wondering if receipt of your organs entails banging Jessica Alba, and partying from continent to continent, whilst driving Ferraris and sharing jacuzzis with a ceaseless catalogue of supermodels.

If so, I shouldn't be so eager to broadcast the fact, were I you.

A life OK that's my grammar mistake.
what do you want from me?

A life OK that's my grammar mistake.
what do you want from me?
Nothing.

Or...ya know, Jessica Alba, if you can arrange that.

Many thanks in advance, sir. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom