• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you think will happen in the next three weeks with the temporary opening of government?

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Do you think our politicians will reach an agreement where each party can save face?

Do you think the president will declare a national emergency if he doesn't get what he wants?

Do you think Mitch McConnell would allow the president to declare a national emergency and once again put the GOP into an untenable position three weeks after the last untenable position he put them into?

Democrats will prove themselves to be liars, and the POTUS will hopefully declare an emergency at the border. Bill Barr will take over at DOJ...tick, tick, tick...

Do you think our politicians will reach an agreement where each party can save face?

Do you think the president will declare a national emergency if he doesn't get what he wants?

Do you think Mitch McConnell would allow the president to declare a national emergency and once again put the GOP into an untenable position three weeks after the last untenable position he put them into?

1. No, but Trump will attempt to spin it in a way that saves face.

2. No. I think he's bluffing.

3. No. If I'm wrong about number 2, Congress will put a bipartisan stop it. And if they don't or can't, it will be challenged in the courts and Trump will waste years of taxpayer money arguing for his wall and the courts will listen and then deny him.

Democrats will prove themselves to be liars, and the POTUS will hopefully declare an emergency at the border. Bill Barr will take over at DOJ...tick, tick, tick...

Since Democrats aren't liars...at least no more than Republicans, I think you're just exposing your political bias here.

In a way I hope that Trump does declare an emergency, but for different reasons than you do.

In answer to the OP's question, the Democrats will offer Trump more money for border and port security BUT not to build a wall.
Trump will be told by his own party to let it go.

Trump will give a speech claiming he's the astute peacemaker and willing to give up the wall for a higher goal of national unity and security. He will claim to be proud to deliver a solution that all can agree on. His supporters will applaud and he will go to his room and scream.

Hard to say. The Dems are in a no-win position.

Undoubtedly.

1. McConnell can't stop the President declaring a state of national emergency.

2. If Trump does it, there will no longer be an untenable position for McConnell.

Since Democrats aren't liars...at least no more than Republicans, I think you're just exposing your political bias here.

In a way I hope that Trump does declare an emergency, but for different reasons than you do.

In answer to the OP's question, the Democrats will offer Trump more money for border and port security BUT not to build a wall.
Trump will be told by his own party to let it go.

Trump will give a speech claiming he's the astute peacemaker and willing to give up the wall for a higher goal of national unity and security. He will claim to be proud to deliver a solution that all can agree on. His supporters will applaud and he will go to his room and scream.

Seeing as we have no basis for that, I guess we can't really take your word on it.

But sharing your opinion was nice enough at least.

Back
Top Bottom