• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you think when a a politician says we need comprehensive immigration reform?

What do you think when a a politician says we need comprehensive immigration reform?

• Total voters

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative

That politician thinks we are dumb enough to fall for another amnesty with hollow promises of enforcement.

That politician actually wants a solution that satisfies both sides of the illegal immigration debate.

other

I picked "that politician thinks we are dumb enough to fall for another amnesty with hollow promises of enforcement". If they were actually serious about enforcement it would have been done a long time ago. Voters should be insulted any time some politician says we need a comprehensive immigration reform.

Last edited:
Re: What do you think when a a politician says we need comprehensive immigration refo

"Immigration reform" is nothing more than a means thru which the Dems hope to increase their voter base.

Re: What do you think when a a politician says we need comprehensive immigration refo

We don't need to change anything. ENFORCE THE LAWS.

Other - They are stating the obvious and using big words in the hope someone actually thinks they are planning to do something effective or correct.

"Immigration reform" is nothing more than a means thru which the Dems hope to increase their voter base.
Actually, its the conservatives who like the cheap labor force.

Other - I won't say all politicians think we are dumb. I doubt they will do anything significant. I found it interesting that Obama included employers of illegals need to be held accountable in his speach today. Yet, Obama is taking Arizona to court over its 2007 employer law which basically holds employers accountable for knowingly hiring an illegal. Go figuer.

It depends on the politician and the context. I have no doubt that both of the answers you gave are valid depending on who you apply them to.

Drug laws are designed to reduce democratic voter base and are racist in nature.
Tax breaks are designed as a handout in exchange for votes
...blah blah and some other partisan poop that has no bearing on the universe outside of my head and the interweb

I voted the first option. I honestly can't accept anything a Democrat says regarding immigration reform anymore. I am 95% certain they see all illegal immigrants as undocumented Democrat voters.

That politician thinks we are dumb enough to fall for another amnesty with hollow promises of enforcement.

That politician actually wants a solution that satisfies both sides of the illegal immigration debate.

other

Other:
I support amnesty and immigration, and don't really care how they spin it if they can get 60 votes.

We don't need to change anything. ENFORCE THE LAWS.

Mellie

Join Date Mar 2010
Last Seen Today @ 07:30 PM
Gender Lean Libertarian
Posts 1,144
Thanks 146

This is why you're not allowed to sit at the table with the grown ups.

I picked "other" as I think the politician is calculating his position based on how he can benefit in his re-election best. Which view he will choose; amnesty, deportation, a middle ground supporting working visa's... it depends on how he/she is polling at any given time.

I chose other for pretty much the same reason as you. Politicians are opportunists. I think moderate immigration reform is needed, but I'm sure there's plenty of politicians out there being more extreme in their views for or against based mostly on how they think it will affect their re-election campaign.

Anyone with a libertarian gender lean cant be taken seriously.

Undocumented Democrats.

They want to create more bureaucracy (aka bigger government) which means more taxes either indirect or direct and more power to the state.

Back
Top Bottom