• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you think of the Mel Gibson rants?

What do you think of the Mel Gibson rants?

• It's his private life and should remain so, although I listened

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MyOwnDrum

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Just want to find out the varying positions on this highly politically important subject. ;)

Edit: here are the the rants at the following site

http://www.radaronline.com/

Last edited:
He said something else stupid? I tend to not listen to stupid celebrity news.

I thought, this is another thread about me.

This was at the top of the queue, and the 'Gibson rants?' part was not showing in the title. I am not even nearly as interested in the topic, now that I know what it is really about. ;)

Last edited:
He said something else stupid? I tend to not listen to stupid celebrity news.

He said his x girlfriend would get raped by ni**ers for dressing provocatively.

What a winner. Seriously WHY do we as a culture pay so much attention to them? Also the fact that this is going to be all over the news is going to be funny.

My vote was that I'm thoroughly enjoying the whole thing. It's amusing. I feel like a fly on the wall. I'm enjoying seeing Mel Gibson exposed for all his vulgar hypocrisy.

What a winner. Seriously WHY do we as a culture pay so much attention to them? Also the fact that this is going to be all over the news is going to be funny.

NPR even did a segment on this tawdry story. lol

I think he's lost. He's just ****ed in the head at the moment. He was KIND OF set up, doesn't make what he said right, but it should have been kept private.

There's some serious and valid speculation that the tapes may be doctored. Their authenticities are being put into question.

I hope not. It's refreshing for a man to show his true feelings. I mean, I wouldn't condone him hitting his wife unless she deserved it. Come to think of it, he said she did. I want to see what his justification was.

Maybe it'll be a heads-up for the next wife to walk the straight and narrow or suffer five across the eye.

Thread: What do you think of the Mel Gibson rants?

Since it is illegal in California to tape conversations without two-party consent, if this is anything more "Any publicity is good publicity," he ought to sue his girlfriend.

He's bipolar, currently untreated.

Don't really care. It's his life, not mine and none of my goddamn business. Not going to affect my movie going or purchases or anything of the sort.

In her shoes, I'd do the same. Because now if she so much as sneezes twice, everybody is going to be watching him.

I learned, a long time ago, that it's just a bad idea to take entertainers personally.
They live in a rich alternate reality where everything is 'me me me'
No, they do not have a sound sense of decency or a shred of dignity.

It's a shame that so many have been taken seriously and elected into seats of office.

I believe it was, "You look like a ****ing pig, and if you get raped by a pack of ni**ers, it will be your fault."

The only thing that matters in all of that, I believe, from a legal perspective is that when she confronted him about punching her in the face and knocking out her two front teeth, while she was holding his infant daughter, he said "Yeah, you deserved it."

In her shoes, I'd do the same. Because now if she so much as sneezes twice, everybody is going to be watching him.

Good point, really. I wonder how many calls OJ made to Nicole similar to this? He does sound completely nutz. And bipolar or not, he sounds so out of control as to be seriously dangerous.

Good point, really. I wonder how many calls OJ made to Nicole similar to this? He does sound completely nutz. And bipolar or not, he sounds so out of control as to be seriously dangerous.

Just like every other big name macho entertainer. . .females aren't any better, either.

The only thing that matters in all of that, I believe, from a legal perspective is that when she confronted him about punching her in the face and knocking out her two front teeth, while she was holding his infant daughter, he said "Yeah, you deserved it."

She very well could have deserved it. Not sure why people think that a woman should never be hit, no matter what she does.

She very well could have deserved it. Not sure why people think that a woman should never be hit, no matter what she does.

Because she has tits and a *****! Of course!
And might birth children.
And will make a man's life a living hell post marriage. . . he will pay endlessly for someone else's lack of 'respekt'

:rofl

It's silly but so damn true.

That's the second time today somebody shocked me into silence.

This reminds me of my dad being beat until he passed out, when he was five. He's sure he must have done something really bad.

Because she has tits and a *****! Of course!
And might birth children.
And will make a man's life a living hell post marriage. . . he will pay endlessly for someone else's lack of 'respekt'

:rofl

It's silly but so damn true.

I know!

I mean, I'm not saying he didn't abuse her. **** if I know, and **** if I care. But to assume he was abusive simply because there's supposed evidence that he did hit her once is pretty presumptuous. It presumes that a woman can do nothing that should ever result in physical violence against her. Of course, I very much disagree with such a premise.

That's the second time today somebody shocked me into silence.

This reminds me of my dad being beat until he passed out, when he was five. He's sure he must have done something really bad.
Are you comparing adult women to 5 year olds?

Yes, in that there is really nothing a woman holding his infant daughter could do to deserve getting punched in the face. If he's that enraged, he should leave.

I know!

I mean, I'm not saying he didn't abuse her. **** if I know, and **** if I care. But to assume he was abusive simply because there's supposed evidence that he did hit her once is pretty presumptuous. It presumes that a woman can do nothing that should ever result in physical violence against her. Of course, I very much disagree with such a premise.

Are you comparing adult women to 5 year olds?

Back
Top Bottom