• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What do you think of Michael Savage?

What do you think of Michael Savage

• Total voters
F

FallingPianos

some love him, some hate him, and some just laugh at him. what about you?

*edit*

eep, I forgot to check the "post poll" button. can a mod fix that?

the question would just be "what do you think of Michael Savage" and the answers would be "love him", "hate him" "laugh at him"

Hate him... except when people plagiarize off of him and I catch them in the act... hehehe ;)

Michael Weiner, eh? :lol:

Haha, looks like he's just another money-hungry mediawhore with a loud mouth and limited intelligence. Good old Wikipedia.

Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting said:
Gilson reported that when Kava [radio columnist for the San Jose Mercury News] noted that Savage was Jewish, Savage reported him to the Anti-Defamation League.

ROFL. Amusing, indeed.

afr0byte said:
Here, let me correct your post:

michael savage is definatly intellegent and educated. he has a Ph.D in epidemiology and nutritional science. he's just a jerk, thats all. :mrgreen:

star2589 said:
michael savage is definatly intellegent and educated. he has a Ph.D in epidemiology and nutritional science. he's just a jerk, thats all. :mrgreen:

Just because you have a Ph.D in nutritional science doesn't mean that you are intelligent in other areas.

Michael Savage represents the radical right at its far fringe. He is so ridiculously extreme that when I've run across him on the radio I've wondered whether he is serious or just trying to be entertaining. The things that I have heard him say are so outrageously stupid that I can't imagine that there are people out there in the world who actually take him seriously. Luckily they are few and far inbetween and hopefully reside in a cabin miles from anywhere civilized.

ANGRY!:2mad:
I check him out from time to time but find it very difficult to listen to him for extended periods of time - I just can't be that angry about everything.

disneydude said:
when I've run across him on the radio I've wondered whether he is serious or just trying to be entertaining. The things that I have heard him say are so outrageously stupid that I can't imagine that there are people out there in the world who actually take him seriously.

I'm sure he appreciates your helping his ratings. Hey, how's Air America doing these days? :lol:

KCConservative said:
I'm sure he appreciates your helping his ratings. Hey, how's Air America doing these days? :lol:

Perhaps Air America isn't doing well. However, that's probably because liberals don't need or want to be told what to think (unlike conservatives).

afr0byte said:
Perhaps Air America isn't doing well. However, that's probably because liberals don't need or want to be told what to think (unlike conservatives).
:lol: Great spin. Bravo. Because you wouldn't listen to liberal radio even if it could survive on the airwaves, right? :roll:

KCC:

I'm not exactly sure why you are asking me about Air America. I don't think I have ever made any reference to it. I am not really familiar with any of their programming. I did catch a program here in LA when it first went on the air, but I really wasn't interested in it. Although I enjoy Al Franken when I've seen him on talk shows, I personally find talkradio to be little more than propoganda , left or right. Sometimes, when I'm in my car and I'm bored I'll flip stations, but rarely listen to more than 5 minutes of any given program.
Personally I prefer to listen to Broadway on my Sirrius radio or I listen to NPR, ocassionally Howard Stern if I'm in the mood for a laugh.

KCConservative said:
:lol: Great spin. Bravo. Because you wouldn't listen to liberal radio even if it could survive on the airwaves, right? :roll:

No I wouldn't actually, because listening to partisan radio all the time gets boring even if it is a partisan you agree with.

afr0byte said:
No I wouldn't actually, because listening to partisan radio all the time gets boring even if it is a partisan you agree with.
No argument from me there. I agree.

I don't really care much for him, like somebody has already mentioned, he is a very angry man. I do flip to him occasionally if I'm listening to talk radio (rarely) but it is usually because another station is on commercial.

I do think its funny though that these guys think that they actually have some sway in the gov't and on how people vote. I always here these talk radio guys parading their ratings around and saying that they are #1 but how can everybody be #1? The truth is that the people who care what they have to say were going to vote for their respective parties anyways no matter what the situation is and who the canadates are. But they are entertaining to listen to occasionally if only for a laugh at their aragance.

P.S. How does having a PhD in tracking down and treating the causes of diseases have any bearing on wheter or not he knows what he's talking about in politics?

mnpollock said:
P.S. How does having a PhD in tracking down and treating the causes of diseases have any bearing on wheter or not he knows what he's talking about in politics?

I don't know of any required education for hosting a radio program. What degree does Limbaugh have? Or Franken?

KCConservative said:
I don't know of any required education for hosting a radio program. What degree does Limbaugh have? Or Franken?

Franken has a bachelors degree from Harvard.

afr0byte said:
It's telling that you'd like someone like Savage.

All the the other conservative and republican talk show host either suck,sound like republican cheerleaders and or have dull sounding voices with the exception to Glen Beck.
Savage adds emotion to his political commentary which makes it seem as though he is real about what he says.That audio clip is good example of how he expresses his views.If he thinks Bush ****ed up on something he states it.He might even agree with a left wing liberal democrat like Charles E. Schumer on something.

http://warpman.wordpress.com/2006/03/02/portgate-na-spokojnie/

You know who freaks me out? Debbie Schlussel. She's bloody insane.

Back
Top Bottom