• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What do you think of Michael Savage?

What do you think of Michael Savage

• Total voters
I think that had history given him a chance, Savage would've been an enthusiastic and energetic though not especially bright member of the nazi party.

afr0byte said:
Franken has a bachelors degree from Harvard.
In General Studies. So what? Sounds like he's just as qualified to host a radio show as Savage is.

faminedynasty said:
I think that had history given him a chance, Savage would've been an enthusiastic and energetic though not especially bright member of the nazi party.

***I doubt you'll see the brilliant (no-nonsense) Savage become a Nazi. After all, he's Jewish. Savage is saying and promoting all of the hard hitting options involving this illegal immigration problem. Savage and Rush Limbaugh should be mandatory listening for all students and for every high school curriculum in the United States. Ann Coulter could fill in as as national tutor when either Rush or Savage takes time off to straighten out the liberal press.

ptsdkid said:
***I doubt you'll see the brilliant (no-nonsense) Savage become a Nazi. After all, he's Jewish. Savage is saying and promoting all of the hard hitting options involving this illegal immigration problem. Savage and Rush Limbaugh should be mandatory listening for all students and for every high school curriculum in the United States. Ann Coulter could fill in as as national tutor when either Rush or Savage takes time off to straighten out the liberal press.

Hahah, you're a nut :2wave:. Yeah, that's all we need, teachers that teach us to hate half of the population of this country.

star2589 said:
*edit*

eep, I forgot to check the "post poll" button. can a mod fix that?

the question would just be "what do you think of Michael Savage" and the answers would be "love him", "hate him" "laugh at him"
Done, enjoy! :2wave:

ptsdkid said:
Savage and Rush Limbaugh should be mandatory listening for all students and for every high school curriculum in the United States. Ann Coulter could fill in as as national tutor when either Rush or Savage takes time off to straighten out the liberal press.

Great.....then we would have all the kids spouting off the same gibberish and talking points as you rather than actually teaching them to think for themselves.

disneydude said:
Great.....then we would have all the kids spouting off the same gibberish and talking points as you rather than actually teaching them to think for themselves.
Not that you're flame baiting or anything.....

KCConservative said:
Not that you're flame baiting or anything.....

I don't know if speaking the truth is the same thing as flamebaiting.

afr0byte said:
I don't know if speaking the truth is the same thing as flamebaiting.
Show me the truth in disney's post, please. It was hate-filled opinion and you know it. By all means, show us how his post is truth. Here is what he said:

"Great.....then we would have all the kids spouting off the same gibberish and talking points as you rather than actually teaching them to think for themselves."

KCConservative said:
"Great.....then we would have all the kids spouting off the same gibberish and talking points as you rather than actually teaching them to think for themselves."

Well, admittedly when he says "you" specifically it's flamebaiting, and I didn't see that part. But, it seems pretty clear if we used highly partisan sources such as Rush, children would be spouting off the same talking points (or gibberish in the case of Rush's oxy induced deafness).

You know, sometimes the truth hurts. You can call it flamebaiting or whatever you want, but I stand by my post. When someone advocates that partisan talk show programs should be required curiculum in schools what they are saying is that these kids should be taught those beliefs which would result in them spewing out the same rhetoric and talking points that you hear on their programs. I would have the same reaction if someone said Al franken or Randy Rhodes should be required curiculum.
The point is, education should be about teaching people to think for themselves rather than teaching a certain idealogy. But as I said, there are certain people on these boards that listen to people like Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly etc and then jump on the board and start spewing out exactly what they heard on the air. This isn't knowledge its recitation. And I don't think its a bad thing to say that certain people need to start thinking for themselves rather than just regurgitating what they hear on the radio.

disneydude said:
The point is, education should be about teaching people to think for themselves rather than teaching a certain idealogy. But as I said, there are certain people on these boards that listen to people like Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly etc and then jump on the board and start spewing out exactly what they heard on the air. This isn't knowledge its recitation. And I don't think its a bad thing to say that certain people need to start thinking for themselves rather than just regurgitating what they hear on the radio.

What is your view on liberals like Ward Chruchill,Jay Bennish and other like them who spew their liberal rhetoric to students?

jamesrage said:
What is your view on liberals like Ward Chruchill,Jay Bennish and other like them who spew their liberal rhetoric to students?

Hey James when a liberal has a captive audience that does not count......:roll:

Navy Pride said:
Hey James when a liberal has a captive audience that does not count......:roll:

So liberal teachers get free passes by other liberals?

jamesrage said:
So liberal teachers get free passes by other liberals?

Oh...thats right....I forgot....according to you right-wingers the education system is part of that liberal conspiracy that includes the "liberal education system", "liberal media", "liberal grocery store clerks", "liberal......"

To answer your post: I would include anyone in that category that takes that position to propogandize a particular political view.

disneydude said:
But as I said, there are certain people on these boards that listen to people like Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly etc and then jump on the board and start spewing out exactly what they heard on the air. This isn't knowledge its recitation. And I don't think its a bad thing to say that certain people need to start thinking for themselves rather than just regurgitating what they hear on the radio.

So who are these "certain people", disney? I listen to FM music stations. I'm not sure what your point is. Your clever insinuations are falling flat.

I don't think it would be appropriate for me to start naming names. We all know who these people are on these boards - it should be quite obvious. If it isn't, take a listen one day or watch FOX news for their clips, then jump on these boards and you will see that there are about 5-6 people who do nothing more the spew out the talking points as if they are some intelligent guru - when in actuality all they are doing is just regurgitating propoganda.

Every once in the while I will catch the Savage Nation and listen in for a few moments.

Savage makes me laugh because he such a nut and extremist in his views. However, unlike most of the other talking heads he isn't a partisan and I have heard him bash Republicans and Bush countless times when he doesn't agree with them or think they are CONSERVATIVE enough LOL.

Another nut job that is fun to listen to is Randi Rhodes. She makes some of the most ridiculous claims and statements and is a hard core partisan drone.

disneydude said:
I don't think it would be appropriate for me to start naming names. We all know who these people are on these boards - it should be quite obvious. If it isn't, take a listen one day or watch FOX news for their clips, then jump on these boards and you will see that there are about 5-6 people who do nothing more the spew out the talking points as if they are some intelligent guru - when in actuality all they are doing is just regurgitating propoganda.

Oh I think it's highly appropriate. Given that you claim to know who listens to what radio talk shows, I'd be interested in seeing if you're accurate. Please tell us who they are and what kind of crystal ball you use.

KCC:
I don't care if you think its appropriate, I am not going to engage in individual name calling.
Suffice it to say you are on these boards enough that it should be obvious. There are ultra-conservative people on these boards that post intelligent arguments and show that they actually do think for themselves and then there are those that just regurgitate Hannity/O'Reilly day after day. I'm not saying you have to disagree with what these right-wing radio personalities have to say, but don't just mimic their talking points everyday - or at least they should not make it try to sound like they are the ones coming up with these talking points (give credit where credit is or isn't due)

disneydude said:
KCC:
I don't care if you think its appropriate, I am not going to engage in individual name calling.
Suffice it to say you are on these boards enough that it should be obvious. There are ultra-conservative people on these boards that post intelligent arguments and show that they actually do think for themselves and then there are those that just regurgitate Hannity/O'Reilly day after day. I'm not saying you have to disagree with what these right-wing radio personalities have to say, but don't just mimic their talking points everyday - or at least they should not make it try to sound like they are the ones coming up with these talking points (give credit where credit is or isn't due)

No one asked you to call anyone names. You were asked to name names. There is a difference.

Face it, disney. You're spouting generalizations when you really have no idea. If someone says something you disagree with, it is possible they heard it on the radio and are repeating it and it is also possible they are speaking for themselves. You have no way to differentiate which it is. Enough said.

Say what you want to about FOX but they have a lot of liberal guests on their programs all the time unlike MSNBC, PBS, CNN, and the networks....

Even though I rarely agree with the liberals on MSNBC, CNN. PBS. CNN and the networks I try and watch them becasue I like to keep up with the opposing point of view even though they are usually so over the top and just spew the left wing talking points.........

Navy Pride said:
Say what you want to about FOX but they have a lot of liberal guests on their programs all the time unlike MSNBC, PBS, CNN, and the networks....

Even though I rarely agree with the liberals on MSNBC, CNN. PBS. CNN and the networks I try and watch them becasue I like to keep up with the opposing point of view even though they are usually so over the top and just spew the left wing talking points.........

Now I know you aren't telling the truth. CNN ALWAYS has reps and dems alike debating the issues. Granted MSNBC is as bad as FOX when it comes to partisanship, but please don't try to drag CNN into this mud war. They are as centerlined as you can get.

Back
Top Bottom