• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you think of make your own cigarettes?

What do you think of make your own cigarettes?

• I like them

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • I don't like them

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Explain)

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

The_Patriot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
We have a cigarette injector machine that uses premade filtered tubes and it injects the tobacco right into the tube. We use pipe tobacco because it's cheaper and I really like the flavor of some of the brands out there. I like the fact that you mix different types of tobacco to make your own special blend suitable to your tastes. The biggest thing I like is that you don't have any of the chemicals and other crap in your cigarettes that you have in store bought.

Reminds me of making Laredo cigs back in the early '70s. I quit 1/21/06. Every now and then I'll smoke a cigar without inhaling the smoke. I would think that pipe tobacco in your roll-your-owns could be enjoyed w/o inhaling. Inhaling is fine, just not for me.

I've seen them. It looks like a good way to dodge some of the nastier chemicals and save a good 50% as well. However, most people I've talked to about it don't like it because they're too f'n lazy to do it.

I've seen them. It looks like a good way to dodge some of the nastier chemicals and save a good 50% as well. However, most people I've talked to about it don't like it because they're too f'n lazy to do it.

We spend about $.68 for a pack a cigarettes now. For a one pound bag of tobacco we get 25 packs out of it, which costs us $11 for the tobacco and $6 for the tubes. The machine we use is the Top-o-matic T2. Sadly, people are lazy by nature.

top_matic_t2.jpg

We spend about $.68 for a pack a cigarettes now. For a one pound bag of tobacco we get 25 packs out of it, which costs us $11 for the tobacco and $6 for the tubes. The machine we use is the Top-o-matic T2. Sadly, people are lazy by nature.

top_matic_t2.jpg

Do you by any chance work for the Company that makes this product?

I used to roll my own cigarettes, I found it easy to do without any machine other than my own hands.

Do you by any chance work for the Company that makes this product?

I used to roll my own cigarettes, I found it easy to do without any machine other than my own hands.

Nope, but I wish I did. :lol:

When I did hand rolling my cigarettes always looked like joints. I prefer cigarettes with a filter, so I like the injector machine.

I'm all for DIY this and thats - I rarely smoke so actually making my own would be great!

I'll look into it :) Might be cool.

I don't smoke at all, but the cool kids roll their own!

I'm all for DIY this and thats - I rarely smoke so actually making my own would be great!

I'll look into it :) Might be cool.

It's pretty cool and takes about 5 minutes to make a pack.

Where do you buy your tobacco at?

Where do you buy your tobacco at?

There's a store here called Daily Cheap. They have a small selection compared to the bigger stores, but it's enough for me. The reason why I use pipe tobacco is that the excise taxes aren't as high as it is on cigarette tobacco. I get my tubes there as well. For 200 tubes it's $1.99.

Sweetola - I'll look around locally and see what I can find. Thanks!

I enjoy smoking but rarely get to do so - and I've always wanted one of those classic cigarette holders, too - to complete the *look* LOL

Sweetola - I'll look around locally and see what I can find. Thanks!

I enjoy smoking but rarely get to do so - and I've always wanted one of those classic cigarette holders, too - to complete the *look* LOL

I love my cigarette holder because it makes me unique. Mine has a skull with a pair flintlock pistols that is the logo of the Gypsy Pistoleros. It holds 18 cigarettes. One thing I've found is that the injected cigarettes are wider then store bought ones.

The first time I tried a home made cigarette I got a MUCH bigger buzz than from smoking regular cigarettes. I don't think I'd make my own though... I wouldn't know which brand of tobacco I'd like.

I don't smoke, but I like this idea for those that do. It gives the consumer the right to mix and make whatever flavor they want with whatever tobacco they want. Plus they know what they are putting into the cigarette, and not having all the chemicals cigarette companies inject into their products is a plus.

We have a cigarette injector machine that uses premade filtered tubes and it injects the tobacco right into the tube. We use pipe tobacco because it's cheaper and I really like the flavor of some of the brands out there. I like the fact that you mix different types of tobacco to make your own special blend suitable to your tastes. The biggest thing I like is that you don't have any of the chemicals and other crap in your cigarettes that you have in store bought.

It's the one nasty habit I have.

I've been meaning to order the set up supplies but I'm a miser with money.

I wonder if you can use hookah (sp) flavored smoking stuffs in these?
I've heard they're quite tasty. . . but I don't hookah.

I wonder if you can use hookah (sp) flavored smoking stuffs in these?
I've heard they're quite tasty. . . but I don't hookah.

They're too moist. You'd have to dry them out first, which would cause them to lose a good deal of their flavor.

Ok so in my search for roll your own tobacco stuff, I've found out a bull**** piece of legislation that recently went into effect.

The SCHIP bill that passed on '09, has provisions for roll your own tobacco.

It can no longer be shipped via the USPS(the post office), it must be delivered to you in person, and it was subject to a huge tax increase.
**** them.
I hate moral superiority legislation.

Ohh I know, I need a reference to a reputable online retailer.

I'm surprised you don't have a local supplier. I live near a semi-small town, and there are three places within 15 miles that sell tobacco and all the supplies needed for roll-your-own.
They also sell funny-looking little pipes and lots of incense.:mrgreen:

Last edited:
I'm surprised you don't have a local supplier. I live near a semi-small town, and there are three places within 15 miles that sell tobacco and all the supplies needed for roll-your-own.

I live in a town of 10k people.
There is probably one in the larger city north of me but I'm not sure.

I think anyone who smokes cigarettes is a fool.

I think you're a fool.

I don't smoke. I don't care for the smell of the smoke. I fully support everyone's right to smoke though! The ridiculous taxes imposed on smokers is idiotic!!

Back
Top Bottom