• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you think of make your own cigarettes?

What do you think of make your own cigarettes?

• I like them

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • I don't like them

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Explain)

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Ok so in my search for roll your own tobacco stuff, I've found out a bull**** piece of legislation that recently went into effect.

The SCHIP bill that passed on '09, has provisions for roll your own tobacco.

It can no longer be shipped via the USPS(the post office), it must be delivered to you in person, and it was subject to a huge tax increase.
**** them.
I hate moral superiority legislation.

Yup, they increased the taxes on cigarette tobacco, but not on pipe tobacco. Use pipe tobacco instead and it won't jam the machine.

I think you're a fool.

I don't smoke. I don't care for the smell of the smoke. I fully support everyone's right to smoke though! The ridiculous taxes imposed on smokers is idiotic!!

I'm not a dick about my smoking either.
I don't throw my cig butts on the road/ground and I avoid smoking around non smokers, because I take their feelings into consideration.

You find people always giving you their nasty opinion about it though.

I'm not a dick about my smoking either.
I don't throw my cig butts on the road/ground and I avoid smoking around non smokers, because I take their feelings into consideration.

You find people always giving you their nasty opinion about it though.

You know, my campus wants to institute a no smoking policy. I found the idea disgusting. If people want to smoke it's there right. Many on campus justify it by saying it's a habit that annoys others.

This logic is lackluster at best. Farting in public is annoying. Do they ban this? Stepping in chewing gum is annoying, will they ban that? Having to listen to music blaring down the hall is annoying. Have they banned this? Idiots crossing the road without looking is annoying, do they get written up?

There's a lot of little annoyances in life. People need to learn to deal with them. If you don't like the smell of smoke, it's a big world. I'm sure you can find a way to wherever you are going to avoid smokers if it's that big of a problem, even if it means walking a bit further behind them.

Hell, if they institute this idiotic policy there is possibly going to be a smoking rally on the campus center. I may just buy my first cigar and light up. I won't make a habit of it but my voice will be heard!

You know, my campus wants to institute a no smoking policy. I found the idea disgusting. If people want to smoke it's there right. Many on campus justify it by saying it's a habit that annoys others.

This logic is lackluster at best. Farting in public is annoying. Do they ban this? Stepping in chewing gum is annoying, will they ban that? Having to listen to music blaring down the hall is annoying. Have they banned this? Idiots crossing the road without looking is annoying, do they get written up?

There's a lot of little annoyances in life. People need to learn to deal with them. If you don't like the smell of smoke, it's a big world. I'm sure you can find a way to wherever you are going to avoid smokers if it's that big of a problem, even if it means walking a bit further behind them.

Hell, if they institute this idiotic policy there is possibly going to be a smoking rally on the campus center. I may just buy my first cigar and light up. I won't make a habit of it but my voice will be heard!

I largely agree.

I have this guy at work that wears this horrendous cologne.
It's rank, I don't see anyone trying to ban that ****.

The first time I tried a home made cigarette I got a MUCH bigger buzz than from smoking regular cigarettes. I don't think I'd make my own though... I wouldn't know which brand of tobacco I'd like.

If you don't know what you like then you might want to go online or to a larger tobacco shop and buy a sampler selection of different tobaccos. Usually they send you out 5-10 different types of tobacco from mild to flavored ones that you can try. There's forums out there as well that will tell you what type of tobacco to buy to get the same flavor as store bought ones.

I don't smoke, but I like this idea for those that do. It gives the consumer the right to mix and make whatever flavor they want with whatever tobacco they want. Plus they know what they are putting into the cigarette, and not having all the chemicals cigarette companies inject into their products is a plus.

We started with Four Aces pipe tobacco and bought two bags of mellow and a bag of regular. We mixed them together and came out with something akin to a Marlboro in flavor. We recently switched to Sparrow pipe tobacco since it was $7 cheaper than Four Aces. Sparrow has almost the same flavor as Camel, but with a touch of cherry and vanilla flavor to it. It tastes really good and I like the flavor better than Four Aces.

It's the one nasty habit I have.

I've been meaning to order the set up supplies but I'm a miser with money.

When you look at machines make sure you avoid the stores that have a huge mark up on the injectors like the Top-o-matic T2. I've seen that injector go for up to $80 online and the local store had it for $29.99. Also, not all injectors are created equal, so make sure you read reviews of the various ones out there.

I'm far too lazy to roll my own cigarettes. In Ohio here they are still between 4.20-5.80 a pack depending on the brand. Marlboros and Newports being the most pricy. Pall Mall and Maverick being the least at 4.20ish. If they go past 6.50 a pack here minimum, then I'll be rolling my own :).

Y'all got me to look into this. I found the T2 for $50. I'll get 400 tubes and 10 hard packs to carry them in. Now I just need to find the right brand of cig tobacco to taste like Marlboro. It will be way cheaper in the long run.

Y'all got me to look into this. I found the T2 for $50. I'll get 400 tubes and 10 hard packs to carry them in. Now I just need to find the right brand of cig tobacco to taste like Marlboro. It will be way cheaper in the long run.

Try mixing Four Aces Mellow and Regular pipe tobacco at a ratio of 2:1. That should give you roughly the same flavor as a Marlboro. Rowland Platinum pipe tobacco is reported to be very similar in taste to Marlboros as well.

When you look at machines make sure you avoid the stores that have a huge mark up on the injectors like the Top-o-matic T2. I've seen that injector go for up to $80 online and the local store had it for $29.99. Also, not all injectors are created equal, so make sure you read reviews of the various ones out there.

Bumping this old thread.

Made the buy online, should get here at the end of the week I think.
Got a starter pack with the older Top-o-matic.

Yeah it is definitely cheaper, although not as cheap as it used to be. I do it but look forward to the day I can finally get myself to quit.

I quit smoking 2 1/2 years ago, it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I promised myself that I wouldn't ever pretend moral superiority because I have become a non-smoker, having been subjected to that from others before I finally was able to give up the addiction. I don't forget that the real driving force to why people smoke, is that they are in the grip of one the most powerfully addictive substances there is. As a matter of fact, that is my prime motivator NOT to light up whenever I get "the urge" these days.

Having said that, there are some things that are undeniable that I have found to be true since quitting:

No breath mint or chewing gum will hide the smell of your smoking. It permeates your clothing and any room it's done in. When I smoked, I couldn't smell it either, but mark my words, it's there and it IS offensive to many people.

I am MUCH healthier today than I was when I smoked. My snoring has all but disappeared, according to my wife. I recover from colds in about 25% of the time it used to take. I have much more energy in my daily life. I sleep better. My clothes don't reek of stale smoke. And I don't spend a single nickel to drive nails into my own coffin.

In a way, the high price of buying cigarettes was a good thing for me. It was one more motivator to give them up. The monetary savings however, turned out to be one of the smaller benefits, but a very nice one all the same.

I won't presume to deny anyone's "right" to smoke, as long as they do so in a thoughtful, civilized way. Heck, there's lots of things that are really bad for you, that you have the "right" to do, I won't deny you those either.

My main motivators to quit is I am about to have a baby girl and financial. It is incredibly hard to do and currently I have anger issues (I actually take anger management) so I don't want to do anything that may possibly make it harder on me controlling and settling my anger. Though I can't wait until I can quit, I don't judge anyone that smokes, on the contrary I judge the assholes that do the judging.

Rolling your own is a great money saver. I have rolled my own (small hand roller) for the past several years. I smoke 3-4 packs a day so it has saved me a ton of money. They also contain less harmful chemicals which is always a plus. I would strongly suggest any smoker to give it a try.

4 packs a day damn man it's not a race

Back
Top Bottom