• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you think of Kate Middleton?

Just... wow. :shock: I'm not going to continue derailing a thread about Kate Middleton with "why Obama sucks" stuff. :2wave:

You asked. :shrug: I couldn't be rude and ignore your question. :mrgreen:

Well, what's the point of having a pet when you pay other people to care for it?

his kids are not in any position of power and they bought the dog for them! He's the president but its still a job and he has a family or would you prefer " sorry girls santa will be skipping us for the next 8 years because im the president and im no longer able to show you affection".

his kids are not in any position of power and they bought the dog for them! He's the president but its still a job and he has a family or would you prefer " sorry girls santa will be skipping us for the next 8 years because im the president and im no longer able to show you affection".

Good Lord! Boo-hoo! :roll:

Good Lord! Boo-hoo! :roll:

nah just seems a bit harsh as he's the president and still earns money, never understood why Americans get all crazy about the presidents holidays, gifts etc. Its a ****ty job and people in power like he is make a lot of sacrifices as it is.

nah just seems a bit harsh as he's the president and still earns money, never understood why Americans get all crazy about the presidents holidays, gifts etc. Its a ****ty job and people in power like he is make a lot of sacrifices as it is.

Because he's spending 100,000 a year of taxpayer money on a DOG! And that's just the tip of the iceberg. LESS waste!

Because he's spending 100,000 a year of taxpayer money on a DOG! And that's just the tip of the iceberg. LESS waste!

is that the actual dog budget? Are there any links to this?

is that the actual dog budget? Are there any links to this?

Sure is.

Obama and Family Cost Taxpayers 1.4 Billion Dollars Last Year | FrontPage Magazine

But come on. Bo needs his taxpayer paid staffer.

The president’s dog gets its own high-paid staffer: “Bo made the news when he and his handler were flown to join the president on vacation in Maine,” Gray wrote about the Obama family dog. “It has been reported that the first family’s dog handler was paid $102,000, last year.”

I'm not a big royal watcher, although at times it's impossible to ignore during weddings, jubilees, royal births. I've always thought Kate beautiful, classy, and supremely suited for life in the public eye, although having the aura of being totally grounded about her. William seems ready to burst from happiness, which pleases me. He and Harry have had to deal with enough tragedy in their lives; they deserve some happiness.

As for hats, I'm not big on them but they are tradition in Britain's upper-class circles (or so my BFF from Plymouth, England told me many years ago) so on those occasions where a fancy event is being televised, it's kinda fun to see what they come up with trying to outdo each other. :)

Oh, those Ascot Day hats are amazing.

Really didn't want to go there here on this topic but...
Does Obama Pay Dog Trainer $102,000 at Tax Payer Expense? - wafflesatnoon.com
The “handler” that flew with Bo was personal aide Reggie Love. His role as personal aide to the President ran from 2009 through 2011. It’s a stretch to refer to Love as a dog handler or trainer, though it appears that he did take on some of those duties on occasion, just as horticulturist Dale Haney has done as well.

Source of the $102,000 Figure
Given the information above, it isn’t surprising to find out that, as ABC news reported in 2011, that Reggie Love’s salary was $102,000.

Thus, we have the source of the claim above.

White House releases $taffer$’ $alarie$ - ABC News

I am all about cutting waste but the dog does not have a personal handler.

Really didn't want to go there here on this topic but...
Does Obama Pay Dog Trainer $102,000 at Tax Payer Expense? - wafflesatnoon.com

White House releases $taffer$’ $alarie$ - ABC News

I am all about cutting waste but the dog does not have a personal handler.

Well I only have a minute, but . . . that does not negate the waste. So he has a secret service agent (paid by taxpayer dollars) care for the dog.

This is truly bothersome when people are getting laid off and losing their jobs, that the first family is using taxpayer funds to pay for the care of their dog instead of using their OWN money. And like I said earlier, this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to unnecessary expenditures.

Are we actually going to claim that our government uses taxpayer dollars wisely? It seems like anything the current president wastes money on, we have some people trying to excuse it as "no big deal." But it is a big deal. It's all part of being fiscally responsible with OUR money.

In a recent article by Alex Pappas at the “Daily Caller,” Pappas references “Presidential Perks Gone Royal” by Robert Gray. According to Pappas’ research, last year, the American taxpayer spent $1.4 billion to maintain and provide for the opulent lifestyle enjoyed by our nation’s First Family, which includes “everything from staffing, housing, flying, and entertaining President Obama, and the First Family.” Incidentally, that also includes regular transportation and entertaining of Mr. Messina and his grassroots group’s fundraisers at “Organizing for Action.”

White House occupants and guests also enjoy a 24-hour live-in movie projectionist (actually bunks at the White House just in case somebody wants to watch a movie on-demand) and $102,000 salaried Walker/Handler for the first family’s $1600 hypoallergenic dog, “Bo.” White House sources could not confirm if turd cleanup falls within the job description of a White House dog walker, but belly scratching is mandatory. Actually, it is possible Bo’s handler is a U.S. Secret Service Agent.

Read more: Minutemen NewsObama Furloughs FDA Inspectors; Keeps $100K First Family Dog Walker - Minutemen News

That article again sources that book that has been proven false with no facts to back it up. Nevermind.

Back on topic, I kinda like the hats. :)

What do I think of Kate Middleton?

th

Pretty much sums it up.

What I think about Kate Middleton is absolutely nothing . Gushing over a person because of what they married into is something un impressive tell me when she donates to charity's and spends her time helping people then I will start to care and believe she is a person worth the occasional Google search or not flip the channel when I hear about her new child .

A simple Google search would show you that she is quite involved with charity work.

I'm more impressed by charity done by broke people who work full time. That being said, if you're filthy rich and unemployed, a bit of charity to stay busy is certainly better than eating caviar off of the backs of the peasants.

Back
Top Bottom