• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you think "Make America Great Again" means?

enderpotato00

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Imo. It means make America an economic powerhouse again, as well as bring back jobs. I also believe it means that we should all be united, not by race, but as Americans. Respect the president and fix our society. Prioritizing politeness, and discussion instead of name-calling. This is only my interpretation.

Imo. It means make America an economic powerhouse again, as well as bring back jobs. I also believe it means that we should all be united, not by race, but as Americans. Respect the president and fix our society. Prioritizing politeness, and discussion instead of name-calling. This is only my interpretation.

Could you be a little more vague?

When said by Trump and his Trumkins, it means a return to the day when white men run the show with impunity for their benefit before anyone else.

It means nothing. It's an empty, cosmetic bit of pablum promoted by a completely insincere con man to sucker fools and rubes.

And it's clearly working.

Imo. It means make America an economic powerhouse again, as well as bring back jobs.

When is Trump going to bring back the jobs from the China sweatshops that make his Signature clothing line?

It means "Think of something you used to like about good-old days. Now vote for me because I promise to bring it back to you... pinky swear"

-America's economy is getting better (under Trump)

-Jobs are growing

-We shouldn't be segregated (like the Democrats want), we should all be united as Americans.

-Even if you don't like Trump, he is still our president and should have some respect.

-Society is broken. There's no civil discussion to understand the other side. Its all name-calling or violence.

Still incredibly vague. Very hard to measure when you have achieved your goal with any of that. Be specific. How EXACTLY will you know america is great again?

And exactly when was it great before? The year will be fine

-America's economy is getting better (under Trump)

It was already doing so before he took office.
-Jobs are growing

That was already happening before he took office.
-We shouldn't be segregated (like the Democrats want), we should all be united as Americans.

What a rather laughable lie. That's not what Democrats want.
-Even if you don't like Trump, he is still our president and should have some respect.

Respect is earned, as is disrespect, and disrespect is all that he's earned.
-Society is broken. There's no civil discussion to understand the other side. Its all name-calling or violence.

That is also untrue.

Pro-tip: Civil discussion also requires intellectual honesty.

If you're against name calling, you've picked the wrong president.

Whatever you want it to - much like the 'fundamental transformation of America' or 'forward together'. What it has delivered is more federal spending and lower federal tax rates for many. It remains to be seen if Mexico will pay for the Great Wall of Trump becomes its cost will be added to the national debt. MAGA indeed.

If you're against name calling, you've picked the wrong president.

I didn't say Trump was the best. He was the lesser of two evils however. I think Hillary would've done more damage and keep it the same.

I didn't say Trump was the best. He was the lesser of two evils however. I think Hillary would've done more damage and keep it the same.

Actually, it is the same. The economic trajectory begun under Obama has simply continued. Meanwhile we have a president who is constantly fanning the flames of the culture wars and keeping the country divided. So much for your definition of MAGA.

Actually, it is the same. The economic trajectory begun under Obama has simply continued. Meanwhile we have a president who is constantly fanning the flames of the culture wars and keeping the country divided. So much for your definition of MAGA.

Why do you think he won? Because people are tired of politically correct bullcrap, tired of the Democrats lying to minorities, and how Social Justice has ruined society (almost). The country was divided starting with Obama. He never attended a single police officer's funeral or gave much respect at all. And while one of our American journalists was beheaded by ISIS, Obama was playing golf. Great president right.

I never said Trump was the greatest we've had. But since he is the president, we should at least hope he'll do some good.

It was already doing so before he took office.

That was already happening before he took office.

What a rather laughable lie. That's not what Democrats want.

Respect is earned, as is disrespect, and disrespect is all that he's earned.

That is also untrue.

Pro-tip: Civil discussion also requires intellectual honesty.

Apparently enderpotato EDITED out that reference to "Democrats wanting segregation".
I can't take these people seriously anymore.
It might have been edited out but it is still the FAIRY TALE that he lives by, and 75% of the other conservatives on DP live by.
He, like the rest of them, talks about "civility and respect", but is so far gone that he doesn't even realize how disrespectful that claptrap sounds.

I am thoroughly disgusted.

Why do you think he won? Because people are tired of politically correct bullcrap, tired of the Democrats lying to minorities, and how Social Justice has ruined society (almost). The country was divided starting with Obama. He never attended a single police officer's funeral or gave much respect at all. And while one of our American journalists was beheaded by ISIS, Obama was playing golf. Great president right.

I never said Trump was the greatest we've had. But since he is the president, we should at least hope he'll do some good.

I hope so too, but I doubt it. You don't bring a country together by constantly accusing people of being rapists and murderers and disrespecting the flag and all the other crap Trump spouts. It's just not gonna happen. If you want a united country, I suggest you work to elect a more respectable person as president.

I think it is just another political catchphrase that can be interpreted any way the simple minded choose. Nothing concrete. Nothing committed. Four meaningless words. Working like a contagious germ with a bonding agent.
/

I think the problems we have here are due to undue corporate and big money influence on our political leadership.

It will take probably a decade or two to shake out, but if we make all federal elections (and if possible, state and local elections) publicly financed and ban all donations to candidates/campaigns/parties, it might make america better, eventually.

We can't bring back jobs.
We have to create new ones.

Sometimes they may be in the same general field, but some areas are not tenable anymore.
So we need to come up with equivalent replacements.

Part of the problem currently as that during Obama presidency and continuing into Trump presidency the "job growth" was often just a flat number of jobs added, with no consideration given to how much those jobs paid, what benefits, etc.

And in many cases they were low-paying jobs gained, which do not replace well-paying jobs on a one-to-one basis.

I hope so too, but I doubt it. You don't bring a country together by constantly accusing people of being rapists and murderers and disrespecting the flag and all the other crap Trump spouts. It's just not gonna happen. If you want a united country, I suggest you work to elect a more respectable person as president.

The left does that too.

The left does that too.

Totally irrelevant. I repeat. If you want to unite the country, work to elect a president who is up to the task of uniting it. Don't ask me to join you in supporting an immoral, venal, lying, self-absorbed, unworthy specimen of a human male.

Totally irrelevant. I repeat. If you want to unite the country, work to elect a president who is up to the task of uniting it. Don't ask me to join you in supporting an immoral, venal, lying, self-absorbed, unworthy specimen of a human male.

Totally irrelevant. I repeat. If you want to unite the country, work to elect a president who is up to the task of uniting it. Don't ask me to join you in supporting an immoral, venal, lying, self-absorbed, unworthy specimen of a human female.

Never attended a police officer's funeral?

You forgot about this one? (FIVE OFFICERS)

You think you can get away with just making up crap, don't you?
You've gotten away with it your whole life, haven't you?

And "PLAYING GOLF" ...are you actually serious?
In less than eight months, Trump has played more golf, at TAXPAYER EXPENSE on his OWN COURSES, then Obama played in his entire eight years.

You just get away with making crap up, don't you?

Can you point to a time period when we were great? That might give us a little frame of reference.

Personally I think we need to unite ourselves so we can elect a president worthy of that unity.

I don't think it should be top-down.

Back
Top Bottom