• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you think about this Planned Parenthood letter?

Do you believe Planned Parenthood gave that award to the clinic

• Total voters

year2late

IIJAFM
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
This letter has made it's way across multiple pro-life sites. One these sites there seems to be no acknowledgement that this letter is probably a fake.

2014074716award.jpg

My preliminary search found almost 10 sites that used this letter as proof of the "evilness" of Planned Parenthood

Nothing from Snopes...must be real.

Although I can't see them advertising this.

This letter has made it's way across multiple pro-life sites. One these sites there seems to be no acknowledgement that this letter is probably a fake.

View attachment 67171582

My preliminary search found almost 10 sites that used this letter as proof of the "evilness" of Planned Parenthood
but if this were true shouldn't there be dozens of them...I mean if it is something which they endorse and are proud of, why hide it?

View attachment 67171582

This doesn't deny it.

Planned Parenthood Does Not Have Quotas

Too often, abortion is stigmatized and women who decide to end a pregnancy are judged or shamed. The baseless claim that Planned Parenthood has “abortion quotas” is just the latest in a long line of attacks that are really about perpetuating stigma and judgment. Women have abortions for all kinds of reasons, after careful consideration and with full information and counseling. They have a right not just to make that decision themselves, but to have access to services in a safe, supportive, nurturing environment.

So, no, we don’t have quotas. And, yes, we absolutely do celebrate our progress in ensuring that more people have access to the full range of reproductive health care, including abortion. And we always will.

First of all, the signature. Who is that?

When I get a certificate there usually is a name typed below the signature - I can read two capitol B's (Breitbart?:lamo)but certainly nothing legible to search.

If this was part of a Bulletin board - why not include the other postings and some other office context to show it is Planned Parenthood?

Just not buying it. I can make a more convincing certificate myself.

Fetus fetish. The Pro-lifers don't want anyone to enjoy life. These Puritans get a sadistic pleasure out of making women pay dearly for a little bit of fun.

but if this were true shouldn't there be dozens of them...I mean if it is something which they endorse and are proud of, why hide it?

I am not sure PP is actually "proud" of the act of abortion. They may have pride in giving a woman choice and access to healthcare. To me, this is a major distinction.

Fetus fetish. The Pro-lifers don't want anyone to enjoy life. These Puritans get a sadistic pleasure out of making women pay dearly for a little bit of fun.

It ceases to be 'fun' when there's an innocent life involved. Then it becomes responsibility time.

View attachment 67171582

Sunk pretty low, handing out awards for terminating more pregnancies.

Oh for all the children that might have been. :cry:

I am not sure PP is actually "proud" of the act of abortion. They may have pride in giving a woman choice and access to healthcare. To me, this is a major distinction.

okay fair enough, still seems strange to me that if certificates are being given out that only the one exists to prove what ever point they are attempting to prove

Sunk pretty low, handing out awards for terminating more pregnancies.

Oh for all the children that might have been. :cry:

So you actually believe the letter was generated by Planned Parenthood?

Sorry, but anyone who thinks that certificate is actually from Planned parenthood is an idiot. I'm sorry you're an idiot, not for offending you.

okay fair enough, still seems strange to me that if certificates are being given out that only the one exists to prove what ever point they are attempting to prove

Oh, I agree it is strange. And convenient.

By the way....

I can make a certificate on Vatican Letterhead indicating that a fetus is declared a gob of goo......

Does that make it true?

Isn't it odd that the only places authenticating the letter are Pro-Life sites?

It ceases to be 'fun' when there's an innocent life involved. Then it becomes responsibility time.

You're right, it's their responsibility to consider having an abortion if they aren't responsible enough to take care of the child (C wut I did ther?)

Oh, I agree it is strange. And convenient.

By the way....

I can make a certificate on Vatican Letterhead indicating that a fetus is declared a gob of goo......

Does that make it true?

Isn't it odd that the only places authenticating the letter are Pro-Life sites?
yes and EVEN if true, stats are kept and can be made to reflect and display a variety of things such as: staff was this size, people counselled were this many, breast exams done over last year etc.

the other thing I truly do not understand is if one is anti-abortion or pro-life...whatever side one takes up on, is not truth to be the main consideration? I find all of this finagling against planned parenthood to be almost counter-productive to the cause of minimizing abortion.

View attachment 67171582

Oh, I would say the chances it's fake is 99-44/100% fake or more.

Still, it's probably a true view of how many feel who work in that industry.

yes and EVEN if true, stats are kept and can be made to reflect and display a variety of things such as: staff was this size, people counselled were this many, breast exams done over last year etc.

the other thing I truly do not understand is if one is anti-abortion or pro-life...whatever side one takes up on, is not truth to be the main consideration? I find all of this finagling against planned parenthood to be almost counter-productive to the cause of minimizing abortion.

I totally agree. When they make up stuff - or use creative writing to fill in a more polarizing story - the only thing it does it preaches to the converted. How is that helpful to their cause.

I spent the last half hour looking for this "award". The ONLY place that I ever found it was at anti-abortion sites. Not one from a legitimate news source. I also spent another half hour looking up any and all rewards that they do give out. I could not find any like this. Pretty sure its fake.

I spent the last half hour looking for this "award". The ONLY place that I ever found it was at anti-abortion sites. Not one from a legitimate news source. I also spent another half hour looking up any and all rewards that they do give out. I could not find any like this. Pretty sure its fake.
Yep, probably is.

Though... Such an award would not surprise me.

And yet for many it is some kind of "I told you so" moment.:lamo

My only question is....

Did someone fabricate the letter to create some "I told you Planned Parenthood was evil" moment?

or

Did someone fabricate the letter to see how gullible and distanced from reality many of the pro-life sides are....

First of all, the signature. Who is that?

When I get a certificate there usually is a name typed below the signature - I can read two capitol B's (Breitbart?:lamo)but certainly nothing legible to search.

Just an FYI:
I looked up the Rocky Mountains’ CEO and President and her name is Vicki Cowart.

So the signature was not hers.

Personally I like your guess of Brieitbart because while googling trying to find the first source where the photo appeared his website posted the photo the last day of June 2014. Others picked up the same photo and info July 1 , 2014 and July 2, 2014 and after.
Abby Johnston posted it on her blog on July 2, 2014.

If it was ligit and given out in May of 2013 why didn't anyone post it sooner ?

Yeah, I also believe it was a fake.

Back
Top Bottom