• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you think about this painting?

Canell

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Howdy! :)

A little quiz - what can you say about this painting? Like?
A chance for art experts to show their skills. ;)

MC.jpg

Last edited:
I can honestly say that I like my own paintings better. ;)

You mean, his head is too big?

The head is too small in relation to the body, for a baby. Some of the Renaissance era painters did the same thing. They painted children with the same proportions as adults, and it just doesn't work. :lol:

Really? Oh, shucks, I must be getting old, forgetting things. :3oops:

Not to worry- I just have a good visual memory, and I remembered seeing the painting, and who painted it.

Not to worry- I just have a good visual memory, and I remembered seeing the painting, and who painted it.

You rule. :wink2:

However, it seems to me "the normal size head" for a 4 year old (that's my estimation). :lol:

You rule. :wink2:

However, it seems to me "the normal size head" for a 4 year old (that's my estimation). :lol:

A baby's head is about 1/4 the length of his body. An adult's head is about 1/7 of his height. The painting is of a baby, and the head is too small proportionally.

Really? Oh, shucks, I must be getting old, forgetting things. :3oops:

Sorry!

Don't feel bad. Had you posted it yesterday I myself probably still wouldn't remember it. ;)

I just found the old thread. It was informative! :lol:

^^^^

I don't like 'em either, but the Van Gogh piece, Starry Starry Night, is worth more than $100 million bucks. :shrug:

I'm going to guess that the artist is Austrian and the work was probably done 1900-1915. This particular piece is probably a "one off" from the artist who likely did a lot more work on architectural scenes.

OK...I'm really not guessing.

you can't rate a painting without watching it live (if you need a real rate)

It start with layer's thickness.

Some of my paintings ;)

559318_10151637123432584_1436541651_n.jpg1185821_10151637124357584_83912162_n.jpg1186302_10151637125252584_102949252_n.jpg1264273_10151637122962584_760670813_o.jpg
1235115_10151637124757584_287077614_n.jpg

Howdy! :)

A little quiz - what can you say about this painting? Like?
A chance for art experts to show their skills. ;)

View attachment 67153486

The hands are wrong, and so is the child's face. Apart from that, however; it looks to be more or less technically proficient.

I'm almost tempted to argue that there is something strangely "off" about the painting, like it is in some way detached from the subject matter it is trying to portray. Maybe even that the painter doesn't really understand what they are attempting to show, and, as such, is merely copying what they think a certain emotional state is supposed to look like, and not quite getting it right.

However, I'm perfectly willing to admit that this might simply be bias interjected by knowing who the painter in question happens to be in this particular case. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom