• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What do you think about this Churchill guy

M

mee

I think this Churchill guy needs to be locked up. He doesn't know what he is doing. He is accusing us(AMERICANS) of being terrorist. He says that the people in the World Trade Centre DESERVED to die. What about all the people that lost love ones. They have to deal with this loss of a family member. This man is evil.

I think he is allowed to say whatever he wants.
If the college fires him he should not be able to sue.

Ah the power of free speech! Isn't it great.

Bush's campaign has killed at least 4 times as more innocent people than on September the 11th. Is he evil? Should he be locked up? Yet your prepared to lock someone away for speech, hmm interesting.

I think he should come to Texas on a speaking tour so we can kick his ass just for the fun of it. :monkey

Seriously he has the right to say what he wants and the school has every right to fire him. The guy is scum in my opinion and I think the FBI will be checking him out.

Jerks like Churchill enjoy the attention even if it is hatred. Let him speak.Idiot frauds like him need to have the light shined on them.Maybe colleges we reconsider the tenure policy. Don't let this inbreaded knownothing get to you. There are alot of good people out there who disagree with him.

I think he has the right to speak out and I think the parents who contribute to the college have the right to withhold their money and find some place else to have their child educated.
Bush's campaign has killed at least 4 times as more innocent people than on September the 11th.
Would you provide a link to back that up please?

Now this guy is a Moron, i thank its sick what he sead comparing the victims of 9/11 to Nazis, their wher children in that building and on those plains. if he thanks Americans are so bad maybe he should leave America, hell ill pay for his plain ticket to some remote 3rd world country wher he will get shot when he starts talking bad their government.Now you come to find out that he has plagiarized like all his essays that he wrote, hes had meetings with known terrorists and his clam of being native American , hes like 1/16, in that case I'm native American at least 1/16. This guy is a fine upstanding American, thats sarcasm by the way.

skabanger13 said:
Now this guy is a Moron, i thank its sick what he sead comparing the victims of 9/11 to Nazis, their wher children in that building and on those plains. if he thanks Americans are so bad maybe he should leave America, hell ill pay for his plain ticket to some remote 3rd world country wher he will get shot when he starts talking bad their government.Now you come to find out that he has plagiarized like all his essays that he wrote, hes had meetings with known terrorists and his clam of being native American , hes like 1/16, in that case I'm native American at least 1/16. This guy is a fine upstanding American, thats sarcasm by the way.

Could you provide some links to your claim tha he's plagiarized "like all his essays that he wrote" and also to your claim that he's "has meetings with known terrorists"? This guy should not be fired. The first place you should turn to are his students, most of whom, if not all, support him. This is freedom of speech. He is a college professor, he is supposed to say things that will challenge the opinions of some. He has the right to his opinion. Whether or not you agree with him is your business. BTW, I've heard that these attacks against him have been taken out of context. I'm not sure about that, but for all you 'patriots' out there, you may want to read his essay before critiqueing it.

Ye I'm sure most of his students like him and agree with him, thats probley why thay took his class. As for the meeting with terrorists, the last time i checked Kadifey was pretty much a terrorist and i believe churchill him self has admitted meeting with him. i didn't say it before but ill say it now this guy should be fired, out of a canon, and the tax payers shouldn't have to pay taxes to support his hate speech.

Squawker said:
I think he has the right to speak out and I think the parents who contribute to the college have the right to withhold their money and find some place else to have their child educated. Would you provide a link to back that up please?

Squaker, this is the first site I looked up on the search engine, and it's quite reserved, experts and Iraqi politicans say it's probably more than this but we will probably never know.

Sept 11th deaths roughly = 3500, so times that by 4 = 14000

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

And I'm not including Afgahnistan in this.

P.S. I hated put this up as figures because I didn't want to disrespect the life lost. It horrifes me that all we have done to justify the poor innocents of Sept 11th, is to kill even more innocents. Jesus wouldn't have wanted it this way.

Does anybody have a link or the name of this 'churchill' Guy i dont want to be critical of what he has said unless i have heard it. seems to have made everyone angry.

Now he faces fraud charges. This rabbit hole is getting deaper and deaper...

Source: Concord Monitor

BOULDER, Colo. - University of Colorado professor Ward Churchill has come under fire recently for comparing the Sept. 11 victims to Nazis and for questionable claims of Indian ancestry. Now, fellow academics are accusing him of fraud.

Several professors have alleged that in his writings, Churchill distorted the events surrounding a smallpox outbreak among Indians in North Dakota.
"I came across this story of genocide, and I thought: 'Why didn't I hear about this before?' As soon as you read his sources, you realize he is making it up," said Thomas Brown, an assistant professor of sociology at Lamar University who has researched Churchill's work.

Brown was referring to an essay in Churchill's book A Little Matter of Genocide, where he says the U.S. Army distributed blankets infected with smallpox to the Mandan Indians on the upper Missouri River in 1837.

"The blankets had been gathered from a military infirmary in St. Louis, where troops infected with the disease were quarantined," Churchill wrote. "Although the medical practice of the day required the precise opposite procedure, Army doctors ordered the Mandans to disperse once they exhibited signs of the infection. The result was a pandemic among the Plains Indian nations which claimed at least 125,000 lives."

globalvision, Here is more insight to what he said (still looking for orininal essay):

Source: http://www.dailyillini.com/news/2005/02/14/Opinions/Column.First.Amendment.Reflections-863365.shtml

University of Colorado professor Ward Churchill has come under serious scrutiny for an essay he wrote after Sept. 11, entitled "Some People Push Back: On the Justice of Roosting Chickens." In the piece, he argued that the Sept. 11 attacks were a legitimate response to the United States' treatment of Iraqis dating back to the Gulf War.

(Oops: I thought Iraq had nothing to do with Sept. 11.)

In this brilliant piece of scholarly wisdom, Churchill describes the terrorists as "combat teams," and the victims inside the twin towers as "little Eichmanns," in reference to Adolph Eichmann, the infamous Nazi who helped execute Hitler's plan to exterminate the world's Jews. He also went on to say that the victims at the Pentagon were military targets and that no victims were innocent.

In the last few weeks, Churchill has been at the center of a firestorm. He, his supporters and his opponents have debated the merits of his speech on every cable news channel ad nauseum. Hamilton College in New York cancelled a lecture by Churchill amidst the controversy, and while security concerns were cited, some free speech advocates believe the university caved in to public pressure. All the while, the governor of Colorado, Bill Owens, has called for Churchill's removal, and the University of Colorado is deciding if disciplinary measures (including firing Churchill) should be taken.

It's extremely easy right now to hate Ward Churchill. He's made baseless and egregious comments, offended anybody with a shred of decency and managed to insult innocent victims of terrorism. Nonetheless, his speech, albeit ridiculous, is constitutionally protected. The way to battle back against people like Churchill is to provide a normal opposing viewpoint, which in this case shouldn't be too difficult. The answer is not to silence him by firing him from the university for speaking his mind. In the end, well-reasoned and rational speeches win out over nonsensical ramblings. It's very easy to defend First Amendment rights when we agree with the speech in question. Any free society needs to protect the unpopular speech as well.

my essy chicken ass

OK I read the essay, their I humored you, I thank its garbage frankly. sanctions weren't put on Iraq by the US, the all holey United Nations (more sarcasm) put up the sanctions to protect surrounding countries from being invaded, yet agen. We might have set up a trade embargo, which is our right, we infact have trade embargo's with a few countryes. The only way you can put the deaths of the Iraq children on the US is by saying we didn't finish the job and take Saddam out the first time, which is true, but since than we have finshed that job. I thank all the Innocent life's taken should be put wher it belongs, on Saddam, and not just all killings he physically cared are had cared out in his name. If their wher Innocent children that died from disease, that whernt from water reservoirs that Saddam had poisoned, and died becus thay didn't have blankets blah blah blah. Well why didn't good old Saddam ( sarcasm ) go and fix it buy them blankets buy them medic an, stop poising their water, he had quite a few nice mansions and allot of money that he procured from this lovely " oil for food " scandal and he could have acutely gotten relief for his people which is what it was intended for. So if 9/11 had any thang remotely to do with Iraq why didn't the perpetrators hit the true cause of the problem Saddam. Also like its been sead before I thought "Iraq had nothing to do with the war on terrorism." Lastly I would like to say churchill needs to get his chicken head out of his chicken ass and open his chicken eyes, and next time he wrights an Essy he needs to look at all the facts. Hay maybe next time he can plagiarize me. :twisted:

I personally think he had the right to say what he said because it is his "right". But that does not make it right to say somthing like this .But he should be fired because he is paid by the state, not by private funds so if the University doesnt like what he says than he should be gone. I will always defend the right to freedom of speech, but I will not defend this tyrannt. And this makes me laugh the fact that the deomcrats stand up for this guy. Imagine if a republican said this he would never be heard from again. He would be called a traitor.(not "some one who is standing up for what they believe in")The Deomocrats in this country make me sick , with the way they are so anti patriotic and the way the bash americas culture. When you think about democrats in a sense are communists they inforce other cultures on you and call you a racist if you dont love all balcks,latinos etc. This country is going in the wrong direction and needs to get back to the principles that the founding fathers put in place.

:wcm to Debate Politics!!

This country is going in the wrong direction and needs to get back to the principles that the founding fathers put in place.

Absolutely!!

i don't thank he should be fired for what he sead, he should be shot, and hes not getting fired for what he sead. I do believe he should and will get fired for lieing about the fact hes an Indian, and plagiarizing, its been leaked to the media that he can kiss his job good bye. If he still wants that one way ticket to Cuba I'm paying.

Back
Top Bottom